Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 'Messy' cooks...

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:29:08 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> At some point in my 40's I had to get organized in order to keep my job.
>> A friend made it clear when she gave me the gift of a little sign that
>> said: "I finally got it all together and now I can't remember where I
>> put it"

>I was in the same situation. I had a job that required me to keep track of the
>tools I needed for the job, protective equipment and all the paperwork that went
>along with it, plus I had to maintain files on all the inspections I did and
>charges laid etc. To complicate things, I worked out of a vehicle and two different
>offices. There were two guys who I worked with who were extremely well organized.
>They had a place for everything and everything in its place.My work space was a
>little messier. The ironic thing was that I was always able to find things quicker
>than they could. They spent a lot more time organizing things than I ever had to
>spend finding my stuff.

at a place i used to work, there was a guy who had *two* desks that
were covered with papers and whatnot (i heard it was one, but it
metastasized), who also used to say 'but i can find everything.'
every friday another co-worker, just to be a dick, would take the
papers he had accumulated during the week and add them to the middle
of mr. find-it's piles. (his boss, not coincidentally.) never heard
a peep from him.

but i'm kinda messy myself, so i can empathize. i was a peon, though,
so they made me tidy up once in a while, which kinda ****ed me off.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> at a place i used to work, there was a guy who had *two* desks that
> were covered with papers and whatnot (i heard it was one, but it
> metastasized), who also used to say 'but i can find everything.'
> every friday another co-worker, just to be a dick, would take the
> papers he had accumulated during the week and add them to the middle
> of mr. find-it's piles. (his boss, not coincidentally.) never heard
> a peep from him.

Meanwhile, if someone had moved something on the desk of an anal retentive all hell
would break loose. At one of our locations there were three desks and it was first come
first serve. It should be no surprise that the anal rententives always wanted the same
desk. It seems they felt there was some sort of entitlement to "their" desks. In other
places I have worked there were always a few anal retentive types who always had to sit
in the same seat in the lunch room. I was on the road most of the time and was not
around much at lunch time. I took a perverse pleasure in sitting in their spots.

> but i'm kinda messy myself, so i can empathize. i was a peon, though,
> so they made me tidy up once in a while, which kinda ****ed me off.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Least messy way to prep a melon? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 199 02-08-2012 11:30 PM
(2008-06-04) 'Messy cooks' ChattyCathy General Cooking 8 05-06-2008 12:38 PM
messy corn starch Wayne Asian Cooking 2 07-10-2006 04:40 PM
Messy Pastries Jay P Francis Baking 5 17-03-2004 03:28 AM