Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default First meal home...

Just got home from my whirlwind tour taking my mom to see her sisters and my siblings
in South Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, et al. While my family was roasting here last
weekend, we had 30 degree weather! lol

My husband, wonderful man that he is, insisted he and the kiddo were cooking dinner
for my first meal home. They made kabobs with steak, onions, and cherry tomatoes, and
my daughter made an awesome roasted garlic cous cous, and some grilled asparagus.
She's becoming quite the cook, I'm so proud of her! I made some limeade and we had
dinner out on the patio with my BIL and his kids joining in. Lovely welcome home.

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nexis" > wrote in :

> onions, and cherry tomatoes, and my daughter made an awesome roasted
> garlic cous cous, and some grilled asparagus. She's becoming quite the
> cook,

If you want to pass on the recipe (for the couscous), that would be good
:-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterLucas" > wrote in message
.25...
> "Nexis" > wrote in :
>

>> onions, and cherry tomatoes, and my daughter made an awesome roasted
>> garlic cous cous, and some grilled asparagus. She's becoming quite the
>> cook,

> If you want to pass on the recipe (for the couscous), that would be good
> :-)

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia

She used Near East brand cous cous. She diced zucchini, baby crooked neck squash,
tomato (grape), and added soem of the garlic my husband was roasting for bread,
sauteed for a few minutes, then added the cous cous and some chicken stock. It was a
throw-together kind of dish, but tasted wonderful!

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nexis" > wrote in
:

> "PeterLucas" > wrote in message
> .25...
>> "Nexis" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> onions, and cherry tomatoes, and my daughter made an awesome roasted
>>> garlic cous cous, and some grilled asparagus. She's becoming quite
>>> the cook,

>> If you want to pass on the recipe (for the couscous), that would be
>> good
>> :-)

>> --
>> Peter Lucas
>> Brisbane
>> Australia

> She used Near East brand cous cous. She diced zucchini, baby crooked
> neck squash, tomato (grape), and added soem of the garlic my husband
> was roasting for bread, sauteed for a few minutes, then added the cous
> cous and some chicken stock. It was a throw-together kind of dish, but
> tasted wonderful!

Mmmmmmm, thanks.

I'll try to copy over here.......... aside from the baby crooked neck
squash!!