Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default why using vegetable oils other than extra virgin olive oil?

There is no point of using vegetable oils other than extra virgin
olive oil.

As well as there is no point of using olive oil which is not extra
virgin.

If the oil is not extra virgin that means that it has been extracted
by chemical means and not by mechanical means only (as in the extra
virgin olive oil).

Also, every oil which comes from seeds, peanuts, coconut, palm .... is
extracted by chemical solvents, in the best case it is carbon dioxide,
but could be as bad as benzene.

Extra virgin olive oil is the one and only which is extracted by
mechanical means only and in ONE single process.

Have a look at some nice pictures on my website. If you want, we can
arrange for a visit to my land and you can help with the olive
picking.

http://www.oliodivino.it

Never believe food companies, check yourself,

Francesco