Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How old is my stove?

Does anyone know how to figure out how old a particular model stove
is?
It's a Tappan electric stove, but I've searched back and front inside
and out and cannot find a model anywhere. There is a clock on the back
panel but the clock hasn't worked since before I moved in 5-6 yrs ago.
It's all white, except for black enamel on the back panel where the
knobs are. Handles are crome. It's got an electrical outlet on one
side of the panel. One odd thing about this stove is most stove have
two 6 inch burners and two 8 inch burners. This one has three 6 inch
and only one 8 inch.
Is there a website that gives you clues to figure this stuff out? For
example "clocks were first introduced on stoves in x year". That way
at least I would know it's from, say, after 1975 or whatever the year
was. Or "Tappan didn't make that burner configuration after whatever
year". I'm just looking for clues and information. As I said can't
find a model number anywhere. I looked in the drawer, in the oven, I
lifted up the top part where the burners sit, and looked behind. No
numbers.

Any idea how I could find out this information? The tappan website
only gives info regarding current models.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to figure out how old a particular model stove
> is?
> It's a Tappan electric stove

Have you considered taking a photo of it and posting it to a web site then
supplying
the link in groups like this or elsewhere?

:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to figure out how old a particular model stove
>> is?
>> It's a Tappan electric stove

> Have you considered taking a photo of it and posting it to a web site then
> supplying
> the link in groups like this or elsewhere?

.... or calling or writing to Tappan?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 14, 10:22�pm, wrote:
> Does anyone know how to figure out how old a particular model stove
> is?
> It's a Tappan electric stove, but I've searched back and front inside
> and out and cannot find a model anywhere. There is a clock on the back
> panel but the clock hasn't worked since before I moved in 5-6 yrs ago.
> It's all white, except for black enamel on the back panel where the
> knobs are. Handles are crome. It's got an electrical outlet on one
> side of the panel. One odd thing about this stove is most stove have
> two 6 inch burners and two 8 inch burners. This one has three 6 inch
> and only one 8 inch.
> Is there a website that gives you clues to figure this stuff out? For
> example "clocks were first introduced on stoves in x year". That way
> at least I would know it's from, say, after 1975 or whatever the year
> was. �Or "Tappan didn't make that burner configuration after whatever
> year". I'm just looking for clues and information. As I said can't
> find a model number anywhere. I looked in the drawer, in the oven, I
> lifted up the top part where the burners sit, and looked behind. No
> numbers.
>
> Any idea how I could find out this information? The tappan website
> only gives info regarding current models.

Somewhere there's a metal plate with the model number, you need to
look more carefully... lift the top panel and look, even under any
grease accumulation, remove any storage drawers. There's an ID plate
somewhere... phone Tappen and ask where to look.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 14, 9:22*pm, wrote:
> Does anyone know how to figure out how old a particular model stove
> is?
> It's a Tappan electric stove, but I've searched back and front inside
> and out and cannot find a model anywhere. There is a clock on the back
> panel but the clock hasn't worked since before I moved in 5-6 yrs ago.
> It's all white, except for black enamel on the back panel where the
> knobs are. Handles are crome. It's got an electrical outlet on one
> side of the panel. One odd thing about this stove is most stove have
> two 6 inch burners and two 8 inch burners. This one has three 6 inch
> and only one 8 inch.
> Is there a website that gives you clues to figure this stuff out? For

> Any idea how I could find out this information? The tappan website
> only gives info regarding current models.

Send them an e-mail to customer service.

FYI, the change in burner configuration to 2 small and 2 large is
relatively recent. My 1969 stove had that arrangement, as did its
replacement (maybe 1989?). Only my last two have had the 2 small and
2 large (plus my new one has a warming burner; and the 2 large burners
can be used as small burners OR large burners).

Even my 1969 stove had a clock and a timer, and an outlet in the back
panel.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:

> Any idea how I could find out this information? The tappan website
> only gives info regarding current models.

http://www.partselect.com/repair.asp...locator&part=8

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thank you, Nancy that's good information. I was figuring it was from
the early 70s so your information lets me know that could be in the
ballpark. I searched everywhere, inside, outside, I even pulled the
thing out from the wall, couldn't find any markings whatever. But I
appreciate everyone's help so far. I googled what I could think of to
search but nothing was exactly right. Hoping someone might have a clue
as what to search on.
I found partselect.com on my own yesterday and looked in all the
places they recommended but couldn't find any identifying marks
whatever.
Calling is a good suggestion. Thanks

Stove to go koko General Cooking 9 25-04-2009 10:58 PM
got a new used stove :) Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen General Cooking 4 25-01-2007 04:41 AM
New Stove Dave Smith General Cooking 2 25-10-2006 12:47 AM
On the stove biig General Cooking 8 06-03-2006 07:58 PM
Changing from an electric stove to a gas stove sue General Cooking 17 02-08-2004 10:26 PM