Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Banana bread

Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:47:35 -0500, Gloria >
wrote:

>Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
>like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
>Thanks!

From a place where we never get snow but have lots of wild bananas.
This is my absolute favorite Banana Bread Recipe of many that I have
tried. I think it uses more bananas than most recipes .

Take care and stay cozy!

**Judy's Banana Bread

1.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
sift together and set aside

1 block butter or margarine
..5 cup granulated sugar
..5 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

add to above:
..5 cups nuts (macadamias work well)
1 cup mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
..5 cup milk

Bake for 1 hour at 350. Makes large loaf or 2 small. Makes muffins
too.

aloha from the sub tropics,
beans
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria" > wrote in message
> Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
> like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
> Thanks!

Snow... you got snow? hehe, I'm in ohio too.
We can't get out of the drive, one drift is up our patio door about 2-3 feet
and it's still going strong. I'm sure that the car is in the drive, but
it's covered. Digging it out is going to be a treat.
I'm searching for a rec for oatmeal muffins. Your right, today is a great
baking day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks everyone for the recipes. Yes, I'm in northeast Ohio, Ashtabula county.
We have about 1 1/2 feet now. Car's in the garage, will have to call for a
snowplow to get it out. They have called our area a state of emergency.

Woolstitcher wrote:

> "Gloria" > wrote in message
> > Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
> > like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
> > Thanks!
> >

> Snow... you got snow? hehe, I'm in ohio too.
> We can't get out of the drive, one drift is up our patio door about 2-3 feet
> and it's still going strong. I'm sure that the car is in the drive, but
> it's covered. Digging it out is going to be a treat.
> I'm searching for a rec for oatmeal muffins. Your right, today is a great
> baking day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 1:28*pm, wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:47:35 -0500, Gloria >
> wrote:
>
> >Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
> >like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
> >Thanks!

> From a place where we never get snow but have lots of wild bananas.
> This is my absolute favorite Banana Bread Recipe of many that I have
> tried. *I think it uses more bananas than most recipes . *
>
> Take care and stay cozy!
>
> **Judy's Banana Bread
>
> 1.5 cups flour
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> sift together and set aside
>
> 1 block butter or margarine
> .5 cup granulated sugar
> .5 cup brown sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
>
> add to above:
> .5 cups nuts (macadamias work well)
> 1 cup mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
> .5 cup milk
>
> Bake for 1 hour at 350. *Makes large loaf or 2 small. *Makes muffins
> too.
>
> aloha from the sub tropics,
> beans
> roast beans to kona to email
> * farmers of Pure Kona

How much is a block of butter? I'm guessing a quarter pound...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
>like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
>Thanks!

I'm in southern Indiana - we got about a foot here. Rather than
baking, I thought it was a good day for chowder.

I diced and browned a little bacon. Sauted chopped onion in the bacon
fat. Added clam juice and potatoes - simmered until the potatoes were
mostly cooked. Then added fish, clams, corn, heavy cream, and 4% milk

Served with piping hot cornbread (OK, a little baking) it was great!

- Mark
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:35:08 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Mar 8, 1:28*pm, wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:47:35 -0500, Gloria >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
>> >like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
>> >Thanks!

>> From a place where we never get snow but have lots of wild bananas.
>> This is my absolute favorite Banana Bread Recipe of many that I have
>> tried. *I think it uses more bananas than most recipes . *
>>
>> Take care and stay cozy!
>>
>> **Judy's Banana Bread
>>
>> 1.5 cups flour
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1 teaspoon baking powder
>> sift together and set aside
>>
>> 1 block butter or margarine
>> .5 cup granulated sugar
>> .5 cup brown sugar
>> 2 eggs
>> 1 teaspoon vanilla
>>
>> add to above:
>> .5 cups nuts (macadamias work well)
>> 1 cup mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
>> .5 cup milk
>>
>> Bake for 1 hour at 350. *Makes large loaf or 2 small. *Makes muffins
>> too.
>>

>How much is a block of butter? I'm guessing a quarter pound...

Yes, it is a quarter pound. It is an old recipe but proven because
again, the amount of bananas makes it taste like bananas.

aloha,
beans
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Banana bread + recipe

In article >, wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the recipes. Yes, I'm in northeast Ohio, Ashtabula county.
> We have about 1 1/2 feet now. Car's in the garage, will have to call for a
> snowplow to get it out. They have called our area a state of emergency.

March snows don't usually stick around long, though.

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Banana Bread

Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted again 3-9-2008

1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
3 small or 2 large overripe (just this side of
fruit flies!) bananas
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

In food processor bowl, process butter, sugar, sour cream, bananas, and
eggs until well mixed (maybe 15 seconds?), stopping once or so to scrape
down mixture from side of workbowl. Dump flour, soda, and nuts, if
using, on top and pulse-process 5-8 times to incorporate into mixture.
Pour into a 9x5x3" greased loaf pan and bake till done (about 50-60
minutes) at 350 degrees, or use two smaller loaf pans, about 5x7x2-1/2"
and bake 45-55 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center of loaf should
come out clean (or almost). Cool in pan(s) 10 minutes then remove from
pan(s) and finish cooling on cooling rack.

----------
Notes: Source: Adapted from a recipe in the Minneapolis Tribune, 19xx.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 3:47 pm, Gloria > wrote:
> Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
> like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
> Thanks!

Snow? We got 3"+ of rain, most of it coming down when were inside, so
it didn't do us any harm (except for the leaks in the theater roof...)

Banana Bread
Fanny Farmer
Yield: 1 loaf

3 ripe bananas, well mashed
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups (280 g) flour
3/4 cup (145 g) sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
(Note: I usually add cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger)

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan. Mix the bananas and eggs
together in a large bowl. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, and baking
soda. Add the walnuts and blend. Pour the batter in the pan and bake
for 1 hour. Remove from pan to a rack. Serve still warm, or cooled,
as you like it.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 9, 6:28*am, wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:47:35 -0500, Gloria >
> wrote:
>
> >Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
> >like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
> >Thanks!

> From a place where we never get snow but have lots of wild bananas.
> This is my absolute favorite Banana Bread Recipe of many that I have
> tried. *I think it uses more bananas than most recipes . *
>
> Take care and stay cozy!
>
> **Judy's Banana Bread
>
> 1.5 cups flour
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> sift together and set aside
>
> 1 block butter or margarine
> .5 cup granulated sugar
> .5 cup brown sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
>
> add to above:
> .5 cups nuts (macadamias work well)
> 1 cup mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
> .5 cup milk
>
> Bake for 1 hour at 350. *Makes large loaf or 2 small. *Makes muffins
> too.
>
> aloha from the sub tropics,
> beans
> roast beans to kona to email
> * farmers of Pure Kona

love the sound of this cake, the recipe is easy - great to eat too i
bet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 18:52:12 -0700 (PDT), maxine in ri > wrote:

>On Mar 8, 3:47 pm, Gloria > wrote:
>> Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and snowing
>> like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
>> Thanks!

>Snow? We got 3"+ of rain, most of it coming down when were inside, so
>it didn't do us any harm (except for the leaks in the theater roof...)
>
>Banana Bread
>Fanny Farmer
>Yield: 1 loaf
>
>3 ripe bananas, well mashed
>2 eggs, well beaten
>2 cups (280 g) flour
>3/4 cup (145 g) sugar
>1 tsp salt
>1 tsp baking soda
>1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
>(Note: I usually add cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger)
>
>Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan. Mix the bananas and eggs
>together in a large bowl. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, and baking
>soda. Add the walnuts and blend. Pour the batter in the pan and bake
>for 1 hour. Remove from pan to a rack. Serve still warm, or cooled,
>as you like it.
>
>maxine in ri

This'n's mine:

Banana Nut Bread

1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Ripe Bananas
2 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
3 Tbsp Milk
1 cup Walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 . Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and bananas. Mix,
using electric mixer until bananas are well mashed. Add flour, milk and baking soda.
Blend but don't over mix. Fold in nuts. Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, remove from pans to cool.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Larry LaMere > wrote in
:

> This'n's mine:

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Nigella's Banana Bread

none

1/4 cup golden raisins (scant)
6 tbsp bourbon or dark rum
1 cup + 2tbsp AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
4 small very ripe bananas mashed
1/4 cup walnuts chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract

Butter and flour a 9X5 inloaf pan or insert a paper lining.
Put the raisins in a small pot with the rum and bring to a boil. Remove
from heat, cover and leave for 1 hour or till raisins have absorbed most
of
the liquid, then drain.

Preheat oven to 375F.

In a bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In another bowl mix the melted butter and sugar and beat blened. Beat in
the eggs one at a time, then the mashed bananas, Then stir in the
walnuts,
drained raisins and vanilla.

Add the flour mixture a third at a time stiring well after each addition.

Scrape into loaf pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 to 1 1/4
hours.

when done a toothpick will come out clean.
Leave in the pan on a rack to cool

Contributor: How To Be A Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson
page 33

Yield: 8-10 slices

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> GUEST wrote:
> Anyone have a favorite recipe for banana bread? It is cold and

snowing
> like crazy here in Ohio. Would be a nice day for baking!
> Thanks!

Serves 6

* 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
* 6 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, half-and-half, or milk
* 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* Pinch of ground nutmeg
* Pinch of salt
* 6 ripe but firm bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
* 1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
* 12 slices of bread, (1/2 inch thick), such as brioche or
challah, preferably day old
* 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
* 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
* Pure maple syrup, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place walnut halves on a rimmed
baking sheet, and toast until lightly browned and fragrant, about 10
minutes. Set aside. When cool, chop walnuts coarsely.
2. Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg,
and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside. Combine bananas, dark-brown
sugar, and toasted walnuts in another bowl. Lay out 6 slices of bread
on work surface. Top each slice with 1/3 cup of the banana mixture.
Top with remaining bread slices; press gently to seal the
sandwiches.
3. Place sandwiches in a shallow baking dish (or two dishes) large
enough to hold them in a single layer. Pour egg mixture over bread,
and soak 10 minutes. Carefully turn sandwiches over, and soak until
bread is soaked through, about 10 minutes more.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees. Place a wire rack on a
baking sheet; set aside. Heat remaining banana mixture in a small
skillet over medium-low heat until sugar is melted and bananas are
soft and slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons
butter, and stir to combine; keep warm.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a
large skillet over medium heat. Fry half of the sandwiches until
golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to wire rack, and
place in oven while cooking remaining sandwiches. Wipe out skillet,
and repeat with remaining butter, oil, and bread. Keep in oven until
ready to serve. Cut into triangles, and serve with warm banana
mixture and maple syrup, if desired.

just found this recipe sounds amazing!!!

REC Banana Bread Doug Freyburger General Cooking 1 24-04-2010 03:34 AM
Banana Nut Bread Lee[_17_] Baking 2 28-01-2010 10:22 PM
Banana Bread kilikini General Cooking 45 02-07-2007 05:02 PM
Banana Bread Eleanor Creighton Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2007 01:02 AM
Banana Bread [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 05-02-2004 02:27 AM