Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Refrigerator Cleaning Pizza

Oh no, you don't clean the refrigerator with the pizza, you clean out
your refrigerator by making pizza.
Are you tired of throwing away food? If you're anything like me, you
throw away 10% of your groceries before you even bring them in the
house. My philosophy is, why bother to spend the time seasoning,
preparing and cooking food only to throw it away after it took up
space and coldness in my refrigerator. So I decided to save myself
time and throw away a bag or two of groceries directly from the store.
Why bother bringing them in the house (my hubby didn't find this
practice to practical).
Since I could no longer throw the food away right off the bat, I found
a better way to deal with the pesky little problem of left overs.
Pizza. In our house, pizza is generally served on a Friday night since
Friday is a 'no cook' night. If you're really good, you can elicit the
help of your children and have them prepare the pizza, then it will
really be a 'no-cook' night.
The only must in creating refrigerator cleaning pizza is the dough
must be whole grain. I prefer to make my own pizza dough (with the
help of a bread machine). I use the recipe that came along with the
bread maker. My only substitution is that I use organic whole grain
flour purchased from my local health store. I specifically use a whole
wheat flour for pastry. It's ground finer and thus creates a pizza
consistency where the children don't feel like they're gnawing on the
under belly of the sofa or chips of wood from the wood pile....

The best pizzeria in town is your own kitchen
http://groups.google.com/group/pizzainx