Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tonight's dinner (testing posting recipes from BigOven)

I'm not loving BigOven, but it'll do until I write my own program.

Anyway, here's what we had for dinner tonight:

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Smoky Potato-Leek Soup

Recipe By: Serene Vannoy
Serving Size: 6
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient: Potatoes
Categories: Winter, Soup

-= Ingredients =-
4 slices Bacon
2 tablespoon Butter ; optional
1 Leek ; white part, cleaned and sliced
2 ribs Celery ; diced
2 pounds Potatoes ; peeled and diced
1/2 teaspoon Salt ; or to taste
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper ; or to taste
1 teaspoon Parsley ; finely chopped, or 1 T dried
8 cups Chicken stock

-= Instructions =-
Cook bacon in a large soup pot until done. Set bacon aside, leaving
fat in pot. Add butter, leeks, and celery, and cook on low heat for
5 minutes. Chop cooled bacon and add, along with remaining
ingredients. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes. Puree
half the soup in batches in a blender, or use a stick blender to
partially blend soup.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.
BigOven.com ID= 164997 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Jicama-Carrot Salad

This is a simple salad with a bright, fresh taste. Leave the olive
oil out and it's even lighter in flavor and (obviously) in fat.

Recipe By: Serene Vannoy
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine: Uncategorized
Main Ingredient: Jicama
Categories: Vegetarian, Vegan, Meatless, Low Fat, Summer, Picnics,
Quick, No Cook, McDougall, Side Dish, Salads, Brunch

-= Ingredients =-
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Jicama ; peeled and chopped into matchsticks
3 Carrots ; sliced into matchsticks
1/4 small Onion ; sliced very thinly
Juice of 1 orange
1/4 teaspoon Salt ; or to taste
1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon Olive oil ; optional

-= Instructions =-
Place the juice from a lemon into a medium bowl. As you slice the
jicama into matchsticks, toss it with the lemon juice to keep it
from browning. Add carrots and onions. Whisk remaining ingredients
together, and pour over salad. Toss and refrigerate, covered, until
serving.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.
BigOven.com ID= 164996 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **