Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Induction Cooking

I would be very grateful to hear any views about cooking on induction
hobs. In particular I would like to know about good makes/models, what
people have cooked on them and how they work.

Regards

Stu Wright
www.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk
www.fagorboilingandbrattpans.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 18, 5:03*pm, wrote:
> I would be very grateful to hear any views about cooking on induction
> hobs. In particular I would like to know about good makes/models, what
> people have cooked on them and how they work.
>
> Regards
>
> Stu Wrightwww.cateringappliancesltd.co.ukwww.fagorboil ingandbrattpans.com

I have an induction cooktop. It's a Kenmore (actually mad by RCA
Whirlpool). I've been cooking on it for 18 years now (hard to
believe). I've had no glitches and actually love it. It's especially
easy to keep clean (I use Windex and clean it like a window). It does
require special pots that the magnetism can work with. The handles on
the pots don't get hot, so you don't burn your hands when you take
hold of them.

It took about a week to get use to cooking with induction, because
always before I had cooked with gas!

But I absolutely love this cooktop, and wouldn't go back to gas (with
the messy cleanup) ever again!

Myrl Jeffcoat

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 18, 8:03 pm, wrote:
> I would be very grateful to hear any views about cooking on induction
> hobs. In particular I would like to know about good makes/models, what
> people have cooked on them and how they work.
>
> Regards
>
> Stu Wrightwww.cateringappliancesltd.co.ukwww.fagorboil ingandbrattpans.com

I used one once, and I had the same problems I've had with electric
ranges: It's tricky to gauge the exact level of heat that you are
applying.

For boiling water to cook pasta, no problem, but if you are looking to
do something that is heat critical (like a cream sauce, or something
like hollandaise) it's not really the best.

True, gas ranges can be a pain to clean, but there's a reason we've
been cooking over open flame for the past few thousand years...