Tess

Default Prevalence of Induction Cooking?

I've only learned about induction cooking in the past couple weeks and
was wondering how common it is for residential cooking. I was going
to buy an All-Clad copper core braiser, but it wouldn't work for an
induction stovetop, so I don't want to wind up spending $300 on the
braiser and then discover that induction cooking has become so
prevalent that the braiser becomes somewhat useless. It look like
induction cooking is getting more common in North America, but it
doesn't seem likely to replace gas/electric, does it?
Steve Calvin

J Quick wrote:

> "Tess" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>I've only learned about induction cooking in the past couple weeks and
>>was wondering how common it is for residential cooking. I was going
>>to buy an All-Clad copper core braiser, but it wouldn't work for an
>>induction stovetop, so I don't want to wind up spending $300 on the
>>braiser and then discover that induction cooking has become so
>>prevalent that the braiser becomes somewhat useless. It look like
>>induction cooking is getting more common in North America, but it
>>doesn't seem likely to replace gas/electric, does it?

> Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
> induction cooktop?
>
> Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long as
> there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.
>
> I can't imagine why someone would spend $300 on an All-clad copper core
> braiser, but that's a separate issue. It'll work and it's your money. Good
> stainless cookware with aluminum core for a fraction of that price would
> likely work as well or better.

Yeah, but it wouldn't say "All-Clad" on it... <g> And before anyone
starts, no I don't have it. Or Calphalon either. Well, that's not
totally true. Nancy bought me a Calphalon stock pot but honestly? It
sucks.

--
Steve

J Quick

"Tess" > wrote in message
om...
> I've only learned about induction cooking in the past couple weeks and
> was wondering how common it is for residential cooking. I was going
> to buy an All-Clad copper core braiser, but it wouldn't work for an
> induction stovetop, so I don't want to wind up spending $300 on the
> braiser and then discover that induction cooking has become so
> prevalent that the braiser becomes somewhat useless. It look like
> induction cooking is getting more common in North America, but it
> doesn't seem likely to replace gas/electric, does it?

Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
induction cooktop?

Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long as
there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.

I can't imagine why someone would spend $300 on an All-clad copper core
braiser, but that's a separate issue. It'll work and it's your money. Good
stainless cookware with aluminum core for a fraction of that price would
likely work as well or better.

J Quick

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
s.com...
> J Quick wrote:
>
> > I can't imagine why someone would spend $300 on an All-clad copper core
> > braiser, but that's a separate issue. It'll work and it's your money.

Good
> > stainless cookware with aluminum core for a fraction of that price would
> > likely work as well or better.
> >

> Yeah, but it wouldn't say "All-Clad" on it... <g> And before anyone
> starts, no I don't have it. Or Calphalon either. Well, that's not
> totally true. Nancy bought me a Calphalon stock pot but honestly? It
> sucks.

All-Clad seems to be quite well engineered, but more for separating people
from their money than for its unique cooking benefits.

Colin

J Quick wrote:
> "Tess" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>I've only learned about induction cooking in the past couple weeks and
>>was wondering how common it is for residential cooking. I was going
>>to buy an All-Clad copper core braiser, but it wouldn't work for an

>snip<

> Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
> induction cooktop?
>
> Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long as
> there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.
>
>snip>

Be careful what you say. First, only the only line of All-Clad cookware
that is induction capable is their stainless line.

Second, the magnetic field produced by induction cooktops is very short
range, therefore a thick piece of Al or Cu would render the induction
cooktop useless.

Third, since the entire pot (within range of the magnetic field) gets
hot from the induction effect, the need for an Al or Cu base is
eliminated, meaning that expensive multiple layer or solid copper
cookware is no longer needed.

For induction cooking, simple, inexpensive, non-stick cast iron is one
of the best pans available.

Colin

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tess" > wrote in message
> It look like
> induction cooking is getting more common in North America, but it
> doesn't seem likely to replace gas/electric, does it?

More common? Maybe one in 500,000 now instead of one in 1,000,000.

Long way to go to be practical in the home.
Ed

J Quick

"Colin" > wrote in message

> J Quick wrote:
> > "Tess" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> >>I've only learned about induction cooking in the past couple weeks and
> >>was wondering how common it is for residential cooking. I was going
> >>to buy an All-Clad copper core braiser, but it wouldn't work for an

> >snip<

> > Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
> > induction cooktop?
> >
> > Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long

as
> > there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.
> >
> >snip>

> Be careful what you say. First, only the only line of All-Clad cookware
> that is induction capable is their stainless line.

What should I be careful about saying? You don't seem to dispute or refute
a word I said. I never claimed that the copper core was induction capable.
I was questioning the premise. But you've now claimed otherwise, without
offering any support, I might add. You have personal experience with
All-Clad copper core braisers not working on a particular induction range?
I could remodel my kitchen for less than the cost of several All-Clad
pieces, so I'm not about to test it myself, that I can assure you. <grin>

> Second, the magnetic field produced by induction cooktops is very short
> range, therefore a thick piece of Al or Cu would render the induction
> cooktop useless.

I've used induction, but I never thought at the time to see how far away the
pan would need to be from the surface before it stopped working. I do know
about the inverse square law, so I'm not disputing the point. The question
is: how far is too far? The inductive loop will already be separated by
the thickness of the cooktop surface, at least. I only have a gas range
where I live now and I won't be upgrading to induction until my next kitchen
remodel. I plan to go with CookTek built-in hobs.

> Third, since the entire pot (within range of the magnetic field) gets
> hot from the induction effect, the need for an Al or Cu base is
> eliminated, meaning that expensive multiple layer or solid copper
> cookware is no longer needed.

Since the induction loop has no idea how much the pan costs, I think it's
safe to say that the price is irrelevent. Taking only the physical
construction into account, are you claiming that there is no benefit for a
good heat conducting core because induction so evenly heats the pan? My
experience is different, as I've seen bad hotspots with thin stainless
cookware or cookware with a larger diameter than the induction loop.

> For induction cooking, simple, inexpensive, non-stick cast iron is one
> of the best pans available.

At least that's one point I won't question. <smile>

J Quick

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...

> "Tess" > wrote in message
> > It look like
> > induction cooking is getting more common in North America, but it
> > doesn't seem likely to replace gas/electric, does it?

> More common? Maybe one in 500,000 now instead of one in 1,000,000.

They might be uncommon, but not _that_ uncommon. That would make for only
210 units for 105 million households in the U.S. alone. Inductive cooktop
were available from several major manufacturers, including GE, just a few
years ago. You could buy them at Sears.

> Long way to go to be practical in the home.

Why would its lack of popularity make it impractical?

Vox Humana

"J Quick" > wrote in message

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > J Quick wrote:
> >
> > > I can't imagine why someone would spend $300 on an All-clad copper

core
> > > braiser, but that's a separate issue. It'll work and it's your money.

> Good
> > > stainless cookware with aluminum core for a fraction of that price

would
> > > likely work as well or better.
> > >

> > Yeah, but it wouldn't say "All-Clad" on it... <g> And before anyone
> > starts, no I don't have it. Or Calphalon either. Well, that's not
> > totally true. Nancy bought me a Calphalon stock pot but honestly? It
> > sucks.
> >

> All-Clad seems to be quite well engineered, but more for separating people
> from their money than for its unique cooking benefits.

I've been saying that for years!!

Colin

J Quick wrote:
> "Colin" > wrote in message
>

>>J Quick wrote:
>>
>>>"Tess" > wrote in message
e.com...

>> >snip<

>>>Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
>>>induction cooktop?
>>>
>>>Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long

> as
>
>>>there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.
>>>
>>>snip>

>>Be careful what you say. First, only the only line of All-Clad cookware
>>that is induction capable is their stainless line.
>>

> What should I be careful about saying? You don't seem to dispute or refute
> a word I said. I never claimed that the copper core was induction capable.
> I was questioning the premise. But you've now claimed otherwise, without
> offering any support, I might add. You have personal experience with
> All-Clad copper core braisers not working on a particular induction range?
> I could remodel my kitchen for less than the cost of several All-Clad
> pieces, so I'm not about to test it myself, that I can assure you. <grin>

Because, according to the All-Clad website (www.allclad.com), only the
stainless line is induction capable. And even in this line, a few pieces
are not induction capable. I researched this before I bought the
All-Clad that I own (all but one piece bought as seconds, by the way).

>>Second, the magnetic field produced by induction cooktops is very short
>>range, therefore a thick piece of Al or Cu would render the induction
>>cooktop useless.

> I've used induction, but I never thought at the time to see how far away the
> pan would need to be from the surface before it stopped working. I do know
> about the inverse square law, so I'm not disputing the point. The question
> is: how far is too far? The inductive loop will already be separated by
> the thickness of the cooktop surface, at least. I only have a gas range
> where I live now and I won't be upgrading to induction until my next kitchen
> remodel. I plan to go with CookTek built-in hobs.

I believe that I read that the pan must be (at least with Cooktek)
within approximately 1 inch of the surface for the pan to get hot.

I too am planning on a Cooktek hob (single) in addition to a gas range.
In part this is a hurricane preperation (I live in coastal Florida). In
this way, we are likely to have our propane tank or a generator, so
that we can still cook after a storm.

>>Third, since the entire pot (within range of the magnetic field) gets
>>hot from the induction effect, the need for an Al or Cu base is
>>eliminated, meaning that expensive multiple layer or solid copper
>>cookware is no longer needed.
>>

> Since the induction loop has no idea how much the pan costs, I think it's
> safe to say that the price is irrelevent. Taking only the physical
> construction into account, are you claiming that there is no benefit for a
> good heat conducting core because induction so evenly heats the pan? My
> experience is different, as I've seen bad hotspots with thin stainless
> cookware or cookware with a larger diameter than the induction loop.

As you seem to have more experience in this area, I will defer to your
knowledge as being superior.

>>For induction cooking, simple, inexpensive, non-stick cast iron is one
>>of the best pans available.
>>

> At least that's one point I won't question. <smile>

Tess

I started working for Williams Sonoma a couple weeks ago, and a
representative told us that only the stainless All-Clad works with
induction stoves.

I'm considering buying the braisier partly for looks to be honest -
I'd like to be able to use it as a serving dish because I'm lazy and
this way I wouldn't need to dirty another dish (or buy one for that
matter) But also partly b/c of the lifetime guarantee, plus I
think I'd use it fairly often (I figured I could use it for paella
instead of picking up a separate paella pan). Also figured I could
use it as a casserole dish, roast chicken, frying pan...

Tess

"J Quick" > wrote in message t>...

> Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
> induction cooktop?
>
> Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long as
> there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.
>
> I can't imagine why someone would spend $300 on an All-clad copper core
> braiser, but that's a separate issue. It'll work and it's your money. Good
> stainless cookware with aluminum core for a fraction of that price would
> likely work as well or better.

Dee Randall

<snip> Nancy bought me a Calphalon stock pot but honestly? It
sucks.>

I bought a set of non-stick Calphalon about 1 year ago and have already
ruined 3 pans by letting them set at a too high setting on an electric
stove. The burnt is actually burnt INTO the non-stick finish. Not much
non-stick left. Yuk!

Dee

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
s.com...
> J Quick wrote:
>
> > "Tess" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> >>I've only learned about induction cooking in the past couple weeks and
> >>was wondering how common it is for residential cooking. I was going
> >>to buy an All-Clad copper core braiser, but it wouldn't work for an
> >>induction stovetop, so I don't want to wind up spending $300 on the
> >>braiser and then discover that induction cooking has become so
> >>prevalent that the braiser becomes somewhat useless. It look like
> >>induction cooking is getting more common in North America, but it
> >>doesn't seem likely to replace gas/electric, does it?

> > Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
> > induction cooktop?
> >
> > Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long

as
> > there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.
> >
> > I can't imagine why someone would spend $300 on an All-clad copper core
> > braiser, but that's a separate issue. It'll work and it's your money.

Good
> > stainless cookware with aluminum core for a fraction of that price would
> > likely work as well or better.
> >

> Yeah, but it wouldn't say "All-Clad" on it... <g> And before anyone
> starts, no I don't have it. Or Calphalon either. Well, that's not
> totally true. Nancy bought me a Calphalon stock pot but honestly? It
> sucks.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.

J Quick

"Tess" > wrote in message
om...
> I started working for Williams Sonoma a couple weeks ago, and a
> representative told us that only the stainless All-Clad works with
> induction stoves.

I don't believe representatives when it comes to technology of any kind, but
I wouldn't fault you as the buyer from following what you were told. I'd
bet you a fridge magnet that any of their cookware that contain stainless
steel will heat up on an induction range, regardless of whatever they say.

> I'm considering buying the braisier partly for looks to be honest -
> I'd like to be able to use it as a serving dish because I'm lazy and
> this way I wouldn't need to dirty another dish (or buy one for that
> matter) But also partly b/c of the lifetime guarantee, plus I
> think I'd use it fairly often (I figured I could use it for paella
> instead of picking up a separate paella pan). Also figured I could
> use it as a casserole dish, roast chicken, frying pan...

So have you been naughty or nice this year? Paella would put you on my
nice list, but this Santa is on a budget this Christmas, so I'll have to
stick to the elves handiwork instead of All-Clads. <smile>

J Quick

"Tess" > wrote in message
om...
> I started working for Williams Sonoma a couple weeks ago, and a
> representative told us that only the stainless All-Clad works with
> induction stoves.

I don't believe representatives when it comes to technology of any kind, but
I wouldn't fault you as the buyer from following what you were told. I'd
bet you a fridge magnet that any of their cookware that contain stainless
steel will heat up on an induction range, regardless of whatever they say.

> I'm considering buying the braisier partly for looks to be honest -
> I'd like to be able to use it as a serving dish because I'm lazy and
> this way I wouldn't need to dirty another dish (or buy one for that
> matter) But also partly b/c of the lifetime guarantee, plus I
> think I'd use it fairly often (I figured I could use it for paella
> instead of picking up a separate paella pan). Also figured I could
> use it as a casserole dish, roast chicken, frying pan...

So have you been naughty or nice this year? Paella would put you on my
nice list, but this Santa is on a budget this Christmas, so I'll have to
stick to the elves handiwork instead of All-Clads. <smile>

Kate Dicey

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Long way to go to be practical in the home.
> Ed

Rubbish! They are very, VERY popular here in the UK, very quick (boil a
gallon of water in less time than you would believe, with a nice thick
magazine between the pot and the hob!*), and not at all uncommon. Their
speed and efficiency makes them very good for home cooks in a hurry. I
seriously considered one here just a years or so ago, when my kitchen
was refitted, and only opted for gas in the end because we have overhead
lines and I wanted an alternative to cold food when the power goes out
for a day or two at a time...

*NOT a trick or a show room demo, but my little sister making me a cup
of tea in her newly fitted kitchen just last week. Her's is made by
AEG. Her kitchen fitters sell as many induction hobs as gas,
radient/solid ring, and halogen hobs put together.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Edwin Pawlowski

"Kate Dicey" > wrote in message
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > Long way to go to be practical in the home.
> > Ed

> Rubbish! They are very, VERY popular here in the UK, very quick (boil a
> gallon of water in less time than you would believe, with a nice thick
> magazine between the pot and the hob!*), and not at all uncommon. Their
> speed and efficiency makes them very good for home cooks in a hurry.

Speed and efficiency alone do not make them practical for most home users.
Cost and cookware type must be consideration also. More than the single
stations often offered are needed for cooking a full meal too. All you
have to do is convince everyone to toss their existing cookware and spend
three or five times the price of a standard range just to make a cup of tea
a few seconds faster.
Yeah, that's practical.
Ed

J Quick

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Kate Dicey" > wrote in message
> > Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> > > Long way to go to be practical in the home.
> > > Ed

> > Rubbish! They are very, VERY popular here in the UK, very quick (boil a
> > gallon of water in less time than you would believe, with a nice thick
> > magazine between the pot and the hob!*), and not at all uncommon. Their
> > speed and efficiency makes them very good for home cooks in a hurry.

> Speed and efficiency alone do not make them practical for most home users.
> Cost and cookware type must be consideration also. More than the single
> stations often offered are needed for cooking a full meal too. All you
> have to do is convince everyone to toss their existing cookware and spend
> three or five times the price of a standard range just to make a cup of

tea
> a few seconds faster.
> Yeah, that's practical.
> Ed

Your arguments might be more effective if you didn't seem to exaggerate
every point you're trying to make. I can appreciate your view and I think
there are some valid points behind your comments. However, not everyone
needs to toss their existing cookware, nor does one have to spend three to
five times the price of a range to purchase an induction hob, and water
boils more than a few seconds quicker.

Well made cookware that works fine for induction is available cheaply, and
many people already own such products. Countertop induction burners are
available for reasonable prices, particularly in areas where the standard
electric service is 220-240VAC, which makes it easier and cheaper to deliver
higher power to the circuit for such a purpose. And water can boil in a
fraction of the time, particularly for larger volumes of water in stockpots.
But I suspect that you already know this.

The biggest obstacle to true progress is the momentum of whatever is good
enough at the time.

Kate Dicey

Default Prevalence of Induction Cooking? Dream kitchen...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Speed and efficiency alone do not make them practical for most home users.
> Cost and cookware type must be consideration also. More than the single
> stations often offered are needed for cooking a full meal too. All you
> have to do is convince everyone to toss their existing cookware and spend
> three or five times the price of a standard range just to make a cup of tea
> a few seconds faster.
> Yeah, that's practical.
> Ed

Nah... Standard buy anywhere for £99 fer a set of three decent
stainless
pans will work... She already has a set o'they things... As do I. All
my stainless steel saucepans are for all fuel/hob types. In fact,
Little Sis bought a set of three new saucepans to go with her new
kitchen from the same range as my saucepans: she just bought the ones
with ears rather than long handles because they are easier to fit in the
oven. Saucepans like this have been readily available at an acceptable
price for about 20 years, since the old halogen ceramic hobs became
popular in the early 80's. The only type that you see regularly in
anything other than cheapo ally disposable non-stick (less than £10 a
pan) that you can't use is the good quality Mayer type ally pans. ANY
steel pan with a flat bottom will work beautifully. The only saucepans
I own that I couldn't use on an induction hob are my ally pressure
cookers, one of which is 50 years old, and the other of which is brand
new fresh out of the box today.

Compared with the cost of about half an acre of polished granite, the
hob was a VERRRRRRRY small proportion of Little Sis's new kitchen!
There's one here on this page, with price:
http://www.ogormans.co.uk/aeg5.htm

A little more than I wanted to pay, admittedly, but even with the double
oven she had fitted (one of which is a combination oven), the two
together cost about the same as a decent slot in gas cooker.

Tell me, please, what is impractical about a totally flat hob with no
awkward corners that need scrubbing if something spills (way hay! no
more dismantling half the cooker when the milk boils over! Jus' a quick
swipe wivva cloff!), that remains cool to the touch (no burned hand/kids
from touching the hot plate when on), is faster than gas when you need
it, can be programmed ahead of time to cook your vegetables (boy, I wish
I had THAT feature! No more remembering to turn the heat on under the
spuds when I'm up in the sewing room working! It even turns OFF again
when the time is done, just like the oven!), and onto which you can
place a pan of any size without it wobbling on the edges of a pan
stand... I can't think of anything impractical about it.

Hehehehehe! Given her space and her budget, I might have had a gas
fired Aga *AND* an induction hob, and managed without the granite work
tops!

OK, lets take this thought a little further: given a decent size kitchen
(say, about 25 feet square), what would YOU have in it?

My choices would be:

Gas fired Aga - the big one! And the black looks smashing. Afriend of
mine has a black one, and I love it.
Induction hob
Combination oven
The HUUUUUGE Seimans fridge freezer...
That nice Bosch dishwasher with the moveable trays...
Proper wooden built in cupboards rather than fitted units
A walk in pantry
WIIIIIDE granite work tops!
An island unit on wheels... The friend with the Aga has this: takes 3
strong men to shift it, but when you want the space, you can shove it
against a wall out the way.
Quarry tiles floor... The old fashioned red sort. Less practical than
vinyl perhaps, but it looks so good!

Ah, well... Like the DH says, I'd need a second husband to pay for it!
And who wants a house big enough for a kitchen like that - all the extra
cleaning! Nah, I'll stick with what I have, but when this hob wears
out, an induction one is definitely something very practical to
consider.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
J Quick

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "J Quick" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> > s.com...
> > > >
> > > Yeah, but it wouldn't say "All-Clad" on it... <g> And before anyone
> > > starts, no I don't have it. Or Calphalon either. Well, that's not
> > > totally true. Nancy bought me a Calphalon stock pot but honestly? It
> > > sucks.
> > >

> > All-Clad seems to be quite well engineered, but more for separating

people
> > from their money than for its unique cooking benefits.

> I've been saying that for years!!

I wonder when they'll come out with their waterless cookware line? Maybe
that's too obvious a ploy for them, since I think that only fools the Faire
going crowds, who are a bit downscale for them and because they don't offer
monthly payment contracts yet.

Hersh

Default Induction Cooking?

I am definitely looking at this option seriously enough to have bought a
portable induction unit to use while the kitchen is being demolished. At
only 1800W, I don't think I will be doing a lot of heavy searing, but I hope
to get enough of a sense of the cooking technique to be able to tell whether
this is what I want to do all the time. If not, I have a handy extra cooking
station or table top cooker.

I just invested in a set of All-Clad copper core (loved its response!) which
is useless with induction, but I will cheerfully pass it along to my son,
along with my 30 year old beloved SCANPANS, and use my All-Clad stainless
pans. I would love to hear more from induction cooks, particularly the
serious "foody" ones. I know the units are being used by some world-class
chefs. What are the negatives? Will I want modular units that let me cook in
a variety of ways? Oversized gas units with open flame and wide heat
dispersion are not an attractive option in California, but neither are wimpy
electric units.

Dee Randall

I would love to hear what you have to say about SCANPANS. I recall they
look like the hard-anodized Caphalon. Have you used both and what is the
comparison in usage. I have never know anyone that has used ScanPans, so I
am very interested.

thanks so much.

"Hersh" > wrote in message
. com...
> I am definitely looking at this option seriously enough to have bought a
> portable induction unit to use while the kitchen is being demolished. At
> only 1800W, I don't think I will be doing a lot of heavy searing, but I

hope
> to get enough of a sense of the cooking technique to be able to tell

whether
> this is what I want to do all the time. If not, I have a handy extra

cooking
> station or table top cooker.
>
> I just invested in a set of All-Clad copper core (loved its response!)

which
> is useless with induction, but I will cheerfully pass it along to my son,
> along with my 30 year old beloved SCANPANS, and use my All-Clad stainless
> pans. I would love to hear more from induction cooks, particularly the
> serious "foody" ones. I know the units are being used by some world-class
> chefs. What are the negatives? Will I want modular units that let me cook

in
> a variety of ways? Oversized gas units with open flame and wide heat
> dispersion are not an attractive option in California, but neither are

wimpy
> electric units.

Peter Aitken

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> I would love to hear what you have to say about SCANPANS. I recall they
> look like the hard-anodized Caphalon. Have you used both and what is the
> comparison in usage. I have never know anyone that has used ScanPans, so

> am very interested.
>
> thanks so much.

I had a ScanPan skillet for a month or so. It was unusual in that it
combined the disadvantages of non stick with none of the advantages. I gave
it to Goodwill at the end of the month.

--
Peter Aitken

Hersh

> I had a ScanPan skillet for a month or so. It was unusual in that it
> combined the disadvantages of non stick with none of the advantages. I

gave
> it to Goodwill at the end of the month.

And I have been happily using mine for 25 years. Go figure!