Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Default Strike Two: Cheesecake Factory does it again!

Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
to see what I can't order the next time!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> to see what I can't order the next time!

Why do you continue to go there?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

In article >,
Just Visiting > wrote:

> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> to see what I can't order the next time!

How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
difference?

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Miche wrote:

> In article >,
> Just Visiting > wrote:
>
> > Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> > fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> > when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> > unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> > another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> > to see what I can't order the next time!

> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
> difference?

Certainly the easiest way to go with the boring chain places where
customer service is often marginal. At higher end restaurants they make
a lot more effort to accommodate special requests.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Pete C." > wrote in message
> Miche wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
> > Just Visiting > wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> > > fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> > > when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> > > unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> > > another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> > > to see what I can't order the next time!

> > How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
> > difference?

> Certainly the easiest way to go with the boring chain places where
> customer service is often marginal. At higher end restaurants they make
> a lot more effort to accommodate special requests.

Yep, that's the way it is with those big chain places. You get it the way
they say you get it and if you don't like it, tough you know what. They
just want you to wolf down your food and get the hell out of the place
because there are more goobers waiting for your table. When a restaurant
brings you your food and the check at the same time, they simply don't give
a damn about your "dining experience." Better to go to a burger joint or a
diner instead. You're lucky they even put Splenda on the table for you.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.restaurants, alt.restaurants

On Jan 20, 7:45*am, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:
> "Pete C." > wrote in message

> Yep, that's the way it is with those big chain places.

They have a picture of every menu item in the kitchen and you have to
make it look like the picture every time! Now THATS SERVICE!

Sixteen carrot slices, two cherry tomatoes, one cucumber
slice....etc...

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Brawny wrote:

> On Jan 20, 7:45 am, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
> > "Pete C." > wrote in message

> > Yep, that's the way it is with those big chain places.

> They have a picture of every menu item in the kitchen and you have to
> make it look like the picture every time! Now THATS SERVICE!
>
> Sixteen carrot slices, two cherry tomatoes, one cucumber
> slice....etc...

Makes you wonder how the people they hire pass the HACCP training...
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Pete C. > wrote in message
==>Picture perfect presentations in Chains<==
> Makes you wonder how the people they hire
> pass the HACCP training...

Have you ever worked in the industry?

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> to see what I can't order the next time!

What a bunch of assholes. I bet they don't have liver and onions or blood
sausage either. Tell them you want a side of head cheese. Order borscht
for your soup and walk out if they don't have it. Show them how bad they
really are.

As for the Dr. Pepper. tell them it is OK to substitute Mr. Pibb or
Cheerwine. Better yet, demand Lime Ricky. Any decent restaurant should
have it.

Show'em who's boss. Keep going there until they meet your demands and have
everything you want on the menu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

The Ranger wrote:

> Pete C. > wrote in message
> ==>Picture perfect presentations in Chains<==
> > Makes you wonder how the people they hire
> > pass the HACCP training...

> Have you ever worked in the industry?
>
> The Ranger

I'm afraid if I did I wouldn't be able to eat in most restaurants ever
again...

I have spent some time in commercial kitchens however and I know I'm
more anal about sanitation than most I see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> As for the Dr. Pepper. tell them it is OK to substitute Mr. Pibb or
> Cheerwine.

I would hope that you would agree that the waitstaff at any restaurant
should be sufficiently competent to offer a similar alternate that the
restaurant does have such as Dr. P vs. Mr. P. or Pepsi vs. Coke, without
prompting from the patron.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
t:

> "Just Visiting" > wrote in
> message ...
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they
>> don't serve fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least
>> the waitress was nice when she said, "We don't serve it like
>> that." I thought it was a bit unusual but not enough to
>> spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at another
>> restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

> What a bunch of assholes. I bet they don't have liver and
> onions or blood sausage either. Tell them you want a side of
> head cheese. Order borscht for your soup and walk out if they
> don't have it. Show them how bad they really are.
>
> As for the Dr. Pepper. tell them it is OK to substitute Mr.
> Pibb or Cheerwine. Better yet, demand Lime Ricky. Any decent
> restaurant should have it.
>
> Show'em who's boss. Keep going there until they meet your
> demands and have everything you want on the menu.

<eg>

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Pete C. > wrote in message
> The Ranger wrote:
>> Pete C. > wrote in message
>> ==>Picture perfect presentations in Chains<==
>> > Makes you wonder how the people they hire
>> > pass the HACCP training...
>> >

>> Have you ever worked in the industry?
>>

> I'm afraid if I did I wouldn't be able to eat in most
> restaurants
> ever again...
>
> I have spent some time in commercial kitchens however and
> I know I'm more anal about sanitation than most I see.

Then you'll also be familiar with who in the commercial kitchen
has that training and how the information is made available.

Expecting a cook in a chain restaurant to be able to pass HACCP
training is nothing more than wishful thinking. I would bet that
even the unit manager would be hard-pressed to be current on any
training not mandated by Corporate.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> to see what I can't order the next time!

Although it's unlikely, maybe they actually make fettucine alfredo the
CORRECT way, which means "from scratch", not using sauce from a jar. While
this is not a terribly involved process, it's certainly not worth their time
to make a small amount as a side dish.

Does this place have lots of pictures on the menu, like Denny's?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote

> "Just Visiting" > wrote

>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

> Although it's unlikely, maybe they actually make fettucine alfredo the
> CORRECT way, which means "from scratch", not using sauce from a jar. While
> this is not a terribly involved process, it's certainly not worth their
> time to make a small amount as a side dish.

Maybe the troll can get it all out at once and list every item
Cheesecake Factory doesn't have on their menu and be done
with it. Or, maybe it can just go to a restaurant that features what
it's looking for instead of Cheesecake Factory.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.restaurants, alt.restaurants

On Jan 20, 1:09�am, Just Visiting >
wrote:
> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." �I thought it was a bit
> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> to see what I can't order the next time!

I like Cheesecake Factory. They have a varied menu, the service is
good, and the prices are reasonable. I dislike Dr Pepper.

Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote
>
>> "Just Visiting" > wrote

>>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>> Although it's unlikely, maybe they actually make fettucine alfredo the
>> CORRECT way, which means "from scratch", not using sauce from a jar.
>> While this is not a terribly involved process, it's certainly not worth
>> their time to make a small amount as a side dish.

> Maybe the troll can get it all out at once and list every item
> Cheesecake Factory doesn't have on their menu and be done
> with it. Or, maybe it can just go to a restaurant that features what
> it's looking for instead of Cheesecake Factory.
>
> nancy

What "it's" looking for? I love that word choice, but I always get yelled
at when I use it. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Just Visiting" > wrote in message
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

> Why do you continue to go there?

Disgruntled and in denial?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article >,
> Just Visiting > wrote:
>
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't
>> serve fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress
>> was nice when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it
>> was a bit unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have
>> to get it at another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I
>> can hardly wait to see what I can't order the next time!

> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
> difference?
>
> Miche

Now that would be a novelty, Miche! Also, people should stop replying to
cross posting trolls. Or trolls in general <G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote
>>
>>> "Just Visiting" > wrote

>>> Although it's unlikely, maybe they actually make fettucine alfredo the
>>> CORRECT way, which means "from scratch", not using sauce from a jar.
>>> While this is not a terribly involved process, it's certainly not worth
>>> their time to make a small amount as a side dish.

>> Maybe the troll can get it all out at once and list every item
>> Cheesecake Factory doesn't have on their menu and be done
>> with it. Or, maybe it can just go to a restaurant that features what
>> it's looking for instead of Cheesecake Factory.

> What "it's" looking for? I love that word choice, but I always get yelled
> at when I use it. :-)

(laugh) I think of trolls not having any sex organs. Gives them
plenty of time to think up stupid shit like this.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:32:11 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>Why do you continue to go there?

Because the food that they do have, is good. This time, I wasn't
ordering anything that wasn't on the menu.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:13:51 +1300, Miche >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Just Visiting > wrote:
>
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
>difference?
>
>Miche

I did! It was on the menu! Just not served as a side dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:09:08 GMT, Just Visiting
> wrote:

>Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>to see what I can't order the next time!

Why on earth do you continue to return to that place? Do you enjoy
posting your gripes on usenet *that* much? Get a grip, get a life and
move on to another chain restaurant. Unlike most rodents, you don't
seem to learn from your mistakes.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:51:00 GMT, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>Miche wrote:
>>
>> In article >,
>> Just Visiting > wrote:
>>
>> > Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> > fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> > when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> > unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> > another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> > to see what I can't order the next time!

>> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
>> difference?

>Certainly the easiest way to go with the boring chain places where
>customer service is often marginal. At higher end restaurants they make
>a lot more effort to accommodate special requests.

It's *NOT* a high end restaurant. That poster would be a lot happier
if he ate at home.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:37:39 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>What a bunch of assholes. I bet they don't have liver and onions or blood
>sausage either. Tell them you want a side of head cheese. Order borscht
>for your soup and walk out if they don't have it. Show them how bad they
>really are.
>
>As for the Dr. Pepper. tell them it is OK to substitute Mr. Pibb or
>Cheerwine. Better yet, demand Lime Ricky. Any decent restaurant should
>have it.
>
>Show'em who's boss. Keep going there until they meet your demands and have
>everything you want on the menu.

This time, I ordered something that was on the menu! They just don't
serve it on the side like other restaurants. BTW, I don't like Mr.
Pibb - it tastes like medicine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just Visiting wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:13:51 +1300, Miche >
> wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Just Visiting > wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't
>>> serve fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress
>>> was nice when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought
>>> it was a bit unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just
>>> have to get it at another restaurant that does serve it on the
>>> side. I can hardly wait to see what I can't order the next time!

>> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes
>> a difference?
>>
>> Miche

> I did! It was on the menu! Just not served as a side dish.

WTF is your problem? The Cheesecake Factory obviously doesn't serve
everything to your nit picky liking so why don't you just eat somewhere else
and quit whining about it here? (Is school out? I thought the holidays
were over.)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:13:23 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote
>
>> "Just Visiting" > wrote

>>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>> Although it's unlikely, maybe they actually make fettucine alfredo the
>> CORRECT way, which means "from scratch", not using sauce from a jar. While
>> this is not a terribly involved process, it's certainly not worth their
>> time to make a small amount as a side dish.

>Maybe the troll can get it all out at once and list every item
>Cheesecake Factory doesn't have on their menu and be done
>with it. Or, maybe it can just go to a restaurant that features what
>it's looking for instead of Cheesecake Factory.
>
>nancy

I orered something that was "on the menu". They just don't serve it on
the side like other restaurants. The waitress was nice and didn't pull
an attitude like the other visit. How am I suppose to know unless I
ask?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 08:18:04 -0800 (PST), rosie >
wrote:

>On Jan 20, 1:09?am, Just Visiting >
>wrote:
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." ?I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>I like Cheesecake Factory. They have a varied menu, the service is
>good, and the prices are reasonable. I dislike Dr Pepper.
>
>Rosie

I like CF, too. But you don't know how they serve their food unless
you ask, right? When you go to a restaurant, you eventually find out
their rules for serving food and drinks. I disklike Mr. Pibb.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

rosie wrote:

> I like Cheesecake Factory. They have a varied menu, the service is
> good, and the prices are reasonable. I dislike Dr Pepper.
>
> Rosie

I just went to my first Cheesecake factory lunch a couple of weeks ago
and we enjoyed it enough to return the next day. The service was very,
very good even considering that the place was packed. The dessert we had
and I crave again even now was the limoncello torte. Not overly sweet
and reminded me very much of the bakery treats we used to get in Europe.
Sure it is a chain....but one I'll be going back to when I can. They're
doing so many things right there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Goomba38" > wrote

> rosie wrote:
>
>> I like Cheesecake Factory. They have a varied menu, the service is
>> good, and the prices are reasonable. I dislike Dr Pepper.

> I just went to my first Cheesecake factory lunch a couple of weeks ago and
> we enjoyed it enough to return the next day. The service was very, very
> good even considering that the place was packed. The dessert we had and I
> crave again even now was the limoncello torte. Not overly sweet and
> reminded me very much of the bakery treats we used to get in Europe.
> Sure it is a chain....but one I'll be going back to when I can. They're
> doing so many things right there.

I went back, too. I had the crispy spicy beef (?) ... I really enjoyed
that. No complaints about the service, either, and I also like the
iced green tea. I think it's odd that they don't have regular iced tea,
but life goes on.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:13:23 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:
>

>>"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote
>>
>>> "Just Visiting" > wrote

>>> Although it's unlikely, maybe they actually make fettucine alfredo the
>>> CORRECT way, which means "from scratch", not using sauce from a jar.
>>> While
>>> this is not a terribly involved process, it's certainly not worth their
>>> time to make a small amount as a side dish.

>>Maybe the troll can get it all out at once and list every item
>>Cheesecake Factory doesn't have on their menu and be done
>>with it. Or, maybe it can just go to a restaurant that features what
>>it's looking for instead of Cheesecake Factory.
>>
>>nancy
>>

> I orered something that was "on the menu". They just don't serve it on
> the side like other restaurants. The waitress was nice and didn't pull
> an attitude like the other visit. How am I suppose to know unless I
> ask?

It's a chain, and it's possible that the sauce comes out of a plastic bag
which they microwave, or drop into boiling water. To make a side dish,
they'd have to waste a half serving just for you, if it's not that popular a
dish.

Stop your incessant whining.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Nancy Young" > wrote

> I went back, too. I had the crispy spicy beef (?) ... I really enjoyed
> that. No complaints about the service, either, and I also like the
> iced green tea. I think it's odd that they don't have regular iced tea,
> but life goes on.

Do they have Dr. Pepper?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

cybercat wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote
>> I went back, too. I had the crispy spicy beef (?) ... I really enjoyed
>> that. No complaints about the service, either, and I also like the
>> iced green tea. I think it's odd that they don't have regular iced tea,
>> but life goes on.
>>

> Do they have Dr. Pepper?

Who cares? They have great mojitos!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either!

I would like to squash you like a bug.

It is difficult for me at this time to articulate why.

Blake?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:39:54 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:13:51 +1300, Miche wrote:
>
>> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
>> difference?

>Yeah - this guy is a real class act - They don't even *serve*
>Fettucinni Alfredo.
>
>http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm
>
>-sw

Parden me, Mr. Sqwertz, but they DO serve FETTUCINI WITH CHICKEN in a
cream sauce. Any kitchen should easily be able to make fettucinni
alfredo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:22:48 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote

>>> Maybe the troll can get it all out at once and list every item
>>> Cheesecake Factory doesn't have on their menu and be done
>>> with it. Or, maybe it can just go to a restaurant that features what
>>> it's looking for instead of Cheesecake Factory.

>> What "it's" looking for? I love that word choice, but I always get yelled
>> at when I use it. :-)

>(laugh) I think of trolls not having any sex organs. Gives them
>plenty of time to think up stupid shit like this.
>
>nancy

I'm starting to think of you as an arrogant, uncompassionate, spoiled,
foul-mouthed individual that enjoys slandering others.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:39:54 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:13:51 +1300, Miche wrote:
>>
>>> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
>>> difference?

>>Yeah - this guy is a real class act - They don't even *serve*
>>Fettucinni Alfredo.
>>
>>http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm
>>
>>-sw

> Parden me, Mr. Sqwertz, but they DO serve FETTUCINI WITH CHICKEN in a
> cream sauce. Any kitchen should easily be able to make fettucinni
> alfredo.

Oh. Now you're saying a chain restaurant should veer from its corporate
mandated formula for portion control.

How old are you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just Visiting wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:39:54 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:13:51 +1300, Miche wrote:
>>
>>> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that
>>> makes a difference?

>> Yeah - this guy is a real class act - They don't even *serve*
>> Fettucinni Alfredo.
>>
>> http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm
>>
>> -sw

> Parden me, Mr. Sqwertz, but they DO serve FETTUCINI WITH CHICKEN in a
> cream sauce. Any kitchen should easily be able to make fettucinni
> alfredo.

So make it in your own friggin kitchen. Stop going to The Cheesecake
Factory and then bitching about how they won't do things your way. Good
lord, is this such a difficult concept?????

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:22:48 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:
>

>>"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote
>>
>>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> What "it's" looking for? I love that word choice, but I always get
>>> yelled
>>> at when I use it. :-)

>>(laugh) I think of trolls not having any sex organs. Gives them
>>plenty of time to think up stupid shit like this.
>>
>>nancy
>>

> I'm starting to think of you as an arrogant, uncompassionate, spoiled,
> foul-mouthed individual that enjoys slandering others.

Reality: We don't know if you are male or female, so for now, you are an
"it". You could change that in your next response, if you can stop frothing
at the mouth for a moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:26:05 -0800, sf wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:09:08 GMT, Just Visiting
> wrote:
>
>>Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>>fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>>when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>>unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>>another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>>to see what I can't order the next time!

>Why on earth do you continue to return to that place? Do you enjoy
>posting your gripes on usenet *that* much? Get a grip, get a life and
>move on to another chain restaurant. Unlike most rodents, you don't
>seem to learn from your mistakes.

Just one bad experience isn't fair to make a judgement call. I didn't
order anything that wasn't already on the menu. Besides, I do like to
eat of CF (so far). You don't know how a place will serve their food
unless you ask, right? We've been able to order food items that wasn't
listed on the menu at other restaurants. And I'm not a rodent, you,
name caller, you.