Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thank you, chefs!

On this New year's day I would like to than the chefs who have made
informative and useful TV shows for us to learn.

Thank you, Julia, Jacques and Martin Yan, for starting it all.

Thank you, Food Network, Alton Brown and Good Eats, for turning
cooking into science. Heck, even your most boring topics like how to
make cupcakes contain extremely useful information for me.

Thank you, Discovery Science and Kitchen Chemistry with Heston
Blumenthal, for offering a Ph.D. program in cooking. You opened my
eyes.

Thank you, Food Network and Emeril for offering good shows, although I
wish there were less cheap applause every time words like "garlic,
pepper, beuchamel" are mentioned. These ingredients/souces are not as
unusual and unique as you think.

Thank you, Food Network, for giving us a no-nonsense down-to-earth guy
like Tyler.

Molto grazie, Molto Mario, for bringing real Italian cooking to
American TV!

Thank you, Travel Channel for bringing epicurious Michael Lomonico to
us. Do you plan to re-run these series again?

Thank you, PBS for so much: Ming and his wealth of knowledge and skill
at explaining; the two Scandinavian cooks, Nick Stellino, Lydia and
that other Italian lady; that New York Times food writer (Stein?);
the Mexican cuisine expert Bayless; Daisy; that lady that gives
lessons to average people; etc, etc.

Thanks to Ukrain's 1+1 for Delcious Country competition.

Thanks to BBC for its national competition.

Bravo, Bravo Network, for your Top Chef competition. It's purely top
entertainment!

And to all other good ones that I have forgotten to mention!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 2, 1:16*pm, (Little Malice) wrote:
> One time on Usenet, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > said:
>

> > "limey" > wrote in message
> > > wrote:

> > > Hey!! *What about the contributors to rec.food.cooking? <G>

If you don't congratulate yourselves - who will?