Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crispy Chicken Skin.

How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PING: JoeSpareBedroom (was:Crispy Chicken Skin)

zara wrote:
> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

OK. I reckon this will garner at least 50 posts... any bets on that?
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:20:18 -0600, "readandpostrosie"
> wrote:

>i bake at a very high heat!

Yep. That's the secret. The other one is to use a vertical roaster.
http://images.surlatable.com/surlata...etail/6238.jpg

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Dec 2, 12:14 pm, "zara" > wrote:
> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

This article, which I have linked to several times here, gives you the
results of Sunset magazines of 50+ ways of roasting a chicken. I
think that makes their recommendations more soundly based than the
individual opinions you get elsewhere. Their most important
conclusions pertaining to your question:

* Size matters. Choose a true roasting chicken of at least six
pounds.
* Temperature matters. Set your oven at 425°F and leave it there.
* For crisper skin, oil or butter the skin before roasting. But
basting does not help.

Here's the link: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...06/ai_69494906
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zara wrote:

> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

Cooking time and temperature.
If it is a big chicken the skin should be crisp by the time the meat is
cooked. For smaller chickens, cook them at a higher temperature (and
shorter time). It also help to rub the skin with a little oil before
cooking. FWIW.... with small chickens.... about 1a pound and a half, I
cook them at 425 and the skin gets nice and crisp.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:14:14 -0500, zara wrote:

> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

A dry bird makes for the crispiest skin. Wash and dry it. Salt inside and
out. Refrigerate uncovered for a day, preferably two days. Roast it
uncovered.

jay
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zara" > wrote in message
> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

Fry it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zara wrote:
> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

Dry the skin with paper towels, apply oil to the chicken and roast in a
hot oven.

Another option, is to spread mayonnaise on the chicken, season with s&p,
sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zara wrote:
> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

Beer can chicken. I do mine on our very large gas grill, but you can
make it in the oven, too. Crispy skin and juciest chicken ever.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 2, 2:14 pm, "zara" > wrote:
> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

I know this doesn't address your question, but deep frying it
unbreaded in peanut oil makes it nice and crispy. I love using my Fry
Daddy.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 02 Dec 2007 06:44:04p, Bobo Bonobo(R) meant to say...

> On Dec 2, 2:14 pm, "zara" > wrote:
>> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

> I know this doesn't address your question, but deep frying it
> unbreaded in peanut oil makes it nice and crispy. I love using my Fry
> Daddy.
>
> --Bryan

You can get a whole chicken in your Fry Daddy?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sun, 12/2/07

Today is: First Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
3wks 5hrs 15mins
Pandora's Rule: Never open a box you
didn't close.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> zara wrote:
>> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

> Dry the skin with paper towels, apply oil to the chicken and roast in a
> hot oven.

My chicken comes out with crispier skin if I don't put any oil on it.
The skin has so much fat. I do roast on a high temperature.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Projectile Vomit Chick wrote:

> "Becca" > wrote in message
> > zara wrote:
> >> How do I get a nice crispy skin, on roast Chicken?

> > Dry the skin with paper towels, apply oil to the chicken and roast in a
> > hot oven.
> >

> My chicken comes out with crispier skin if I don't put any oil on it.
> The skin has so much fat. I do roast on a high temperature.

Are you going to answer the question I posed to you in the "Mashed Potato"
thread...???

--
Best
Greg

"I am smarter than you think I am."
- Maryanne "Loafhead" Kehoe to me
in alt.gossip.celebrities

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:19:38 -0800, sf wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:20:18 -0600, "readandpostrosie"
> wrote:
>
>>i bake at a very high heat!
>>

>Yep. That's the secret. The other one is to use a vertical roaster.
>http://images.surlatable.com/surlata...etail/6238.jpg

i used to use one of those, but the stuffing kept falling out.

your pal,
blake