Woogeroo

Default smoking chickens - crispy crunchy skin - ??

Hiya folks...

I have two 5-ish pound chickens, spatchcocked and brining...
hopefully later today I can smoke them on the old style Egg. I am
brining them, for flavor - just to see how it works out.. I've tried
the spatchcock without the brine and it was right tasty... but thought
I would check it out this way as well.

So... sometimes when I smoke the chickens... the skin is nice a
crispy-crunchy and u can bite right through it... other times it is
kinda rubbery and not yummy at all. Is this a cookign temp. thing? Do
I need to cook it a bit more to get the crispy crunchy skin?

Tips... advice...

appreciated.

thanks

-Woogeroo

-Woogeroo

'spill a beer cuz I'm missin' you, I'm still alright to smile...'

Hey! Wait a minute!?

remove NOBS to send email.

Woogeroo's Smoking Page:

http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/wsp/

smokin' along with an old style Big Green Egg...

Woogeroo's Autolinks:

http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com
Cuchulain Libby

"Woogeroo" > wrote in message

> Hiya folks...
>
> I have two 5-ish pound chickens, spatchcocked and brining...
> hopefully later today I can smoke them on the old style Egg.

This is why chicken takes three days...
Brine it. If you have the time, set it uncovered in the fridge overnight to
dry the skin otherwise set it in front of a fan. Cook it at 300-350.

-Hound

Cuchulain Libby

P.S. Yer .sig is too long...
4 lines is Usenet convention.

-Hound S. Wilson

Jack Schidt®

"Cuchulain Libby" > wrote in message
.. .
> P.S. Yer .sig is too long...
> 4 lines is Usenet convention.
>
> -Hound S. Wilson

Thanks, pal, I needed to clean my monitor off anyway.

Jack

Jack Sloan

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
m...

> "Cuchulain Libby" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > P.S. Yer .sig is too long...
> > 4 lines is Usenet convention.
> >
> > -Hound S. Wilson
> >

> Thanks, pal, I needed to clean my monitor off anyway.
>
> Jack

What's that S for , Mr Libby?
Jack

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 06:47:41 GMT, "Cuchulain Libby"
> wrote:

>P.S. Yer .sig is too long...
>4 lines is Usenet convention.
>
>-Hound S. Wilson

You should quote some of the material you're replying to, newbie, so
we know what in the blue-eyed froggy world you're talking about.

HTH. HAND.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Cuchulain Libby

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote

> You should quote some of the material you're replying to, newbie, so
> we know what in the blue-eyed froggy world you're talking about.

Why in the world would I want to quote some guy's .sig? The post was
directed at the OP. If you had read OP's post you would have noticed his
..sig, then when you saw my post you would know *exactly* what in the
blue-eyed froggy world I was talking about.
I've pretty much stayed away from your diatribes ever since FM drove you
into another world so I'll let the 'newbie' slide.

-Hound

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:15:29 GMT, "Cuchulain Libby"
> wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote
>>
>> You should quote some of the material you're replying to, newbie, so
>> we know what in the blue-eyed froggy world you're talking about.

>Why in the world would I want to quote some guy's .sig? The post was
>directed at the OP. If you had read OP's post you would have noticed his
>.sig, then when you saw my post you would know *exactly* what in the
>blue-eyed froggy world I was talking about.

Um, Hound? Look down there on the ground. I think you dropped
something. Looks like your sense of humor.

I don't do smilies. Sometimes, the downside is that some folks Just
Don't Get It. <shrug> I can live with that, if it means not using
smilies.

I knew exactly what you were talking about. In fact, my first chuckle
of the day was seeing you chide someone about a warlordable .sig and
signing it "Hound S. Wilson." So I thought I'd follow-up with the only
thing I could find in your (amusing) post that was suitable for
chiding you about: its lack of context.

>I've pretty much stayed away from your diatribes ever since FM drove you
>into another world so I'll let the 'newbie' slide.

Why would a regular refer to you as a newbie? The "newbie" was the
clue that I was joking. See how that works?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Cuchulain Libby

I know, I'm sorry <gag>, missed a bbq-centric joke over in houston.eats
referencing afb the other day. Must be getting a mite crotchety in my
dotage.
That or I should stop posting while sober. I refrain from the smiley most
times too, seems a bit of a set up, but this is non-verbal communication,
ain't it?

-Hound
"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:15:29 GMT, "Cuchulain Libby"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote
> >>
> >> You should quote some of the material you're replying to, newbie, so
> >> we know what in the blue-eyed froggy world you're talking about.

> >Why in the world would I want to quote some guy's .sig? The post was
> >directed at the OP. If you had read OP's post you would have noticed his
> >.sig, then when you saw my post you would know *exactly* what in the
> >blue-eyed froggy world I was talking about.

> Um, Hound? Look down there on the ground. I think you dropped
> something. Looks like your sense of humor.
>
> I don't do smilies. Sometimes, the downside is that some folks Just
> Don't Get It. <shrug> I can live with that, if it means not using
> smilies.
>
> I knew exactly what you were talking about. In fact, my first chuckle
> of the day was seeing you chide someone about a warlordable .sig and
> signing it "Hound S. Wilson." So I thought I'd follow-up with the only
> thing I could find in your (amusing) post that was suitable for
> chiding you about: its lack of context.
>
> >I've pretty much stayed away from your diatribes ever since FM drove you
> >into another world so I'll let the 'newbie' slide.

> Why would a regular refer to you as a newbie? The "newbie" was the
> clue that I was joking. See how that works?
>

> --
> Kevin S. Wilson
> Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
> "Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
> --Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Jack Sloan

"Cuchulain Libby" > wrote in message
.. .
> I know, I'm sorry <gag>, missed a bbq-centric joke over in houston.eats
> referencing afb the other day. Must be getting a mite crotchety in my
> dotage.
> That or I should stop posting while sober. I refrain from the smiley most
> times too, seems a bit of a set up, but this is non-verbal communication,
> ain't it?
>
> -Hound S. Wilson"

I believe that is an apology...NEVER apologize.
Jack

whoami

"Cuchulain Libby" > wrote in message
.. .