Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A new cocktail...perfect color for Thanksgiving!

My husband wanted something new so I put this together. The color is gorgeous, and
well suited for Thanksgiving/autumn. I think I may serve some tomorrow!

4 ounces Sweet & Sour (the real stuff, with real juice)
2 ounces good tequila (I used Cabo Uno Tequila Anejo)
1/2 ounce each Grand Marnier and Rose's Lime juice
1 ounce grenadine (I used Stirring's authentic, made from real pomegranate)
2 ounces orange juice

Comes out the color of sunset. Loved it.
Shake with ice, strain into glass (or leave the ice in if you prefer! ) Makes enough
for 2.

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nexis wrote:
> My husband wanted something new so I put this together. The color is
> gorgeous, and well suited for Thanksgiving/autumn. I think I may
> serve some tomorrow!
>
> 4 ounces Sweet & Sour (the real stuff, with real juice)
> 2 ounces good tequila (I used Cabo Uno Tequila Anejo)
> 1/2 ounce each Grand Marnier and Rose's Lime juice
> 1 ounce grenadine (I used Stirring's authentic, made from real
> pomegranate) 2 ounces orange juice
>
> Comes out the color of sunset. Loved it.
> Shake with ice, strain into glass (or leave the ice in if you prefer!
> ) Makes enough for 2.
>
> kimberly

Heh... so you made a Tequila Sunrise. It's not new, kimberly. Bartenders
have been making it for years and years and years. I know I did

Forget the Rose's lime juice. Forget the Gran Marnier. It's like trying to
make an "Appletini" into a real martini. IMHO.

Tequila Sunrise

Pour 2 shots of tequila into a tall cocktail glass over a little ice. Fill
it nearly to the brim with orange juice. Tilt the glass and trickle some
grenadine down the side of the glass. When you tilt the glass back up the
grenadine will float to the top of the orange juice/tequila mixture,
appearing like a sunrise. And there you have it. Garnish it with a slice
of orange speared on a pick with a cherry on top. Very retro, 1970's.
Certainly not "new".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KHf13IUzxg

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:00:25 -0600, "jmcquown"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntQgjFQPWg

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:02:31 -0800, "Nexis" > wrote:

>My husband wanted something new so I put this together. The color is gorgeous, and
>well suited for Thanksgiving/autumn. I think I may serve some tomorrow!
>
>4 ounces Sweet & Sour (the real stuff, with real juice)
>2 ounces good tequila (I used Cabo Uno Tequila Anejo)
>1/2 ounce each Grand Marnier and Rose's Lime juice
>1 ounce grenadine (I used Stirring's authentic, made from real pomegranate)
>2 ounces orange juice
>
>Comes out the color of sunset. Loved it.
>Shake with ice, strain into glass (or leave the ice in if you prefer! ) Makes enough
>for 2.
>
>kimberly

i saw the header and was afraid the cocktail would come out looking
like gravy.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:00:25 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Nexis wrote:
>> My husband wanted something new so I put this together. The color is
>> gorgeous, and well suited for Thanksgiving/autumn. I think I may
>> serve some tomorrow!
>>
>> 4 ounces Sweet & Sour (the real stuff, with real juice)
>> 2 ounces good tequila (I used Cabo Uno Tequila Anejo)
>> 1/2 ounce each Grand Marnier and Rose's Lime juice
>> 1 ounce grenadine (I used Stirring's authentic, made from real
>> pomegranate) 2 ounces orange juice
>>
>> Comes out the color of sunset. Loved it.
>> Shake with ice, strain into glass (or leave the ice in if you prefer!
>> ) Makes enough for 2.
>>
>> kimberly

>Heh... so you made a Tequila Sunrise. It's not new, kimberly. Bartenders
>have been making it for years and years and years. I know I did

why **** around? just have some white lightening and coca-cola, like
your scottish grandmother.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Nexis wrote:
>> My husband wanted something new so I put this together. The color is
>> gorgeous, and well suited for Thanksgiving/autumn. I think I may
>> serve some tomorrow!
>>
>> 4 ounces Sweet & Sour (the real stuff, with real juice)
>> 2 ounces good tequila (I used Cabo Uno Tequila Anejo)
>> 1/2 ounce each Grand Marnier and Rose's Lime juice
>> 1 ounce grenadine (I used Stirring's authentic, made from real
>> pomegranate) 2 ounces orange juice
>>
>> Comes out the color of sunset. Loved it.
>> Shake with ice, strain into glass (or leave the ice in if you prefer!
>> ) Makes enough for 2.
>>
>> kimberly

> Heh... so you made a Tequila Sunrise. It's not new, kimberly. Bartenders
> have been making it for years and years and years. I know I did
>
> Forget the Rose's lime juice. Forget the Gran Marnier. It's like trying to
> make an "Appletini" into a real martini. IMHO.
>
> Tequila Sunrise
>
> Pour 2 shots of tequila into a tall cocktail glass over a little ice. Fill
> it nearly to the brim with orange juice. Tilt the glass and trickle some
> grenadine down the side of the glass. When you tilt the glass back up the
> grenadine will float to the top of the orange juice/tequila mixture,
> appearing like a sunrise. And there you have it. Garnish it with a slice
> of orange speared on a pick with a cherry on top. Very retro, 1970's.
> Certainly not "new".
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KHf13IUzxg
>
> Jill

No, this is so much better than a tequila sunrise. There's far less OJ (which plays
hell on my stomach and my BG) and it's a much more appealing flavor, at least to us.
This drink is just something I threw together, and since it has several ingredients
*not* in a tequila sunrise, it isn't a tequila sunrise, and it's new to us anyway. I
wasn't trying to get famous, just sharing something we enjoyed.

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:02:31 -0800, "Nexis" > wrote:
>
> My husband wanted something new so I put this together. The color is gorgeous, and
> well suited for Thanksgiving/autumn. I think I may serve some tomorrow!
>
> 4 ounces Sweet & Sour (the real stuff, with real juice)
> 2 ounces good tequila (I used Cabo Uno Tequila Anejo)
> 1/2 ounce each Grand Marnier and Rose's Lime juice
> 1 ounce grenadine (I used Stirring's authentic, made from real pomegranate)
> 2 ounces orange juice
>
> Comes out the color of sunset. Loved it.
> Shake with ice, strain into glass (or leave the ice in if you prefer! ) Makes enough
> for 2.
>
> kimberly

It sounds delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe.

gloria p