Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default See what happens when you lose weight?

This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!

Called two stores I visited yesterday, "Sorry."

Visited the hawkwatch in hopes. "Sorry."

I knew it was getting loose as I lost poundage. Should've had it resized
sooner.

This happened once before with my 7 diamond ring and it turned up in the
trash. No such luck today.

Now I just need to take a couple valium, get over the frustration and then
turn the house over again. If I find it, I'll probably collapse.

It's only of sentimental value since I've worn it for all my adult life.

I'm physically and mentally exhausted.

See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!

Water, 2 valium, gulp.

Later,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 25, 10:59 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
> upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!
>
> Called two stores I visited yesterday, "Sorry."
>
> Visited the hawkwatch in hopes. "Sorry."
>
> I knew it was getting loose as I lost poundage. Should've had it resized
> sooner.
>
> This happened once before with my 7 diamond ring and it turned up in the
> trash. No such luck today.
>
> Now I just need to take a couple valium, get over the frustration and then
> turn the house over again. If I find it, I'll probably collapse.
>
> It's only of sentimental value since I've worn it for all my adult life.
>
> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>
> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>
> Water, 2 valium, gulp.
>
> Later,
>
> Andy

What method are you using to lose weight?

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri said...

> What method are you using to lose weight?
>
> maxine in ri

The gout diet, low sat. fat, high complex carbs, no booze and lots of water.

Andy
80% compliant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine in ri" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Oct 25, 10:59 am, Andy <q> wrote:
>> This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
>> upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!
>>
>> Called two stores I visited yesterday, "Sorry."
>>
>> Visited the hawkwatch in hopes. "Sorry."
>>
>> I knew it was getting loose as I lost poundage. Should've had it resized
>> sooner.
>>
>> This happened once before with my 7 diamond ring and it turned up in the
>> trash. No such luck today.
>>
>> Now I just need to take a couple valium, get over the frustration and
>> then
>> turn the house over again. If I find it, I'll probably collapse.
>>
>> It's only of sentimental value since I've worn it for all my adult life.
>>
>> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>>
>> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>>
>> Water, 2 valium, gulp.
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Andy

> What method are you using to lose weight?
>
> maxine in ri

I would have to guess he lost weight just traveling in his friend's car and
inhaling. That would do it for me.
:-)))
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee said...
> I would have to guess he lost weight just traveling in his friend's car
> and inhaling. That would do it for me.
>:-)))
> Dee Dee

Yeah, funny you should mention it, the BMW330i was an awesome sports car. I
might test drive the 335i and 335xi soon. 335xi is the better ride in winter,
but the 335i would be the better summer ride.

Andy
VW loyalist in doubt

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>
> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>
> Water, 2 valium, gulp.
>
> Later,
>
> Andy

Sorry you lost your ring. Hooray on the weight loss!!!

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>>
>> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>>
>> Water, 2 valium, gulp.
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Andy

> Sorry you lost your ring. Hooray on the weight loss!!!
>
> Becca

Becca,

Thanks. I've been validated for awhile and don't have the physical strength
to go through round 2.

I always take it off before showering and put it in the same spot which is
how I noticed it was missing.

I need a day to get over the aggrevation.

Agreed on the "Hooray" part.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> maxine in ri said...
>
>> What method are you using to lose weight?
>>
>> maxine in ri

> The gout diet, low sat. fat, high complex carbs, no booze and lots of
> water.
>
> Andy
> 80% compliant.

The 20%, I trust, being the booze?

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
> upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!

A few weeks ago I lost an earring. Not of any great value,
but I really like these earrings. Dammit. Drives me nuts when
that happens. I looked all over, but I know it's just gone.
Abandoned me like so many other earrings over the years.

Couple of days later, what's that on the floor by my chair?
A candy wrapper?? Nope! My earring. Yay.

That's what will happen to you, you'll find it.

You probably don't want to hear about the three cheese chicken
ravioli I picked up at Costco, though. Tasty, but not diet.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
> upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!
>
> Called two stores I visited yesterday, "Sorry."
>
> Visited the hawkwatch in hopes. "Sorry."
>
> I knew it was getting loose as I lost poundage. Should've had it resized
> sooner.
>
> This happened once before with my 7 diamond ring and it turned up in the
> trash. No such luck today.
>
> Now I just need to take a couple valium, get over the frustration and then
> turn the house over again. If I find it, I'll probably collapse.
>
> It's only of sentimental value since I've worn it for all my adult life.
>
> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>
> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>
> Water, 2 valium, gulp.

My paternal grandmother, a lukewarm Lutheran, phoned my mother, a lapsed
Catholic, to find out the name of "that one saint you pray to when
things get lost" because the diamond from her wedding ring had popped
loose from its setting while she was at work at Krogers.

Mom told her it was St. Anthony, but that she might be at the back of
the line onna acounta Grandmother not being Catholic and all.

Nevertheless, Grandma prayed to St. Anthony and asked for her diamond
back. And when she reported to her next shift 3 days later, she caught
a hint of a glimmer from an unswept corner. And sure enough, there it was.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice Friese said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> maxine in ri said...
>>
>>> What method are you using to lose weight?
>>>
>>> maxine in ri

>> The gout diet, low sat. fat, high complex carbs, no booze and lots of
>> water.
>>
>> Andy
>> 80% compliant.

> The 20%, I trust, being the booze?
>
> Felice

Hard to break it down exactly. Wine and cheeses.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen said...

> Andy wrote:
>> This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
>> upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!
>>
>> Called two stores I visited yesterday, "Sorry."
>>
>> Visited the hawkwatch in hopes. "Sorry."
>>
>> I knew it was getting loose as I lost poundage. Should've had it
>> resized sooner.
>>
>> This happened once before with my 7 diamond ring and it turned up in
>> the trash. No such luck today.
>>
>> Now I just need to take a couple valium, get over the frustration and
>> then turn the house over again. If I find it, I'll probably collapse.
>>
>> It's only of sentimental value since I've worn it for all my adult
>> life.
>>
>> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>>
>> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>>
>> Water, 2 valium, gulp.

> My paternal grandmother, a lukewarm Lutheran, phoned my mother, a lapsed
> Catholic, to find out the name of "that one saint you pray to when
> things get lost" because the diamond from her wedding ring had popped
> loose from its setting while she was at work at Krogers.
>
> Mom told her it was St. Anthony, but that she might be at the back of
> the line onna acounta Grandmother not being Catholic and all.
>
> Nevertheless, Grandma prayed to St. Anthony and asked for her diamond
> back. And when she reported to her next shift 3 days later, she caught
> a hint of a glimmer from an unswept corner. And sure enough, there it
> was.

Kathleen,

I can't begin to calculate THOSE odds but good for your grandmother!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
> upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!
>
> Called two stores I visited yesterday, "Sorry."
>
> Visited the hawkwatch in hopes. "Sorry."
>
> I knew it was getting loose as I lost poundage. Should've had it resized
> sooner.
>
> This happened once before with my 7 diamond ring and it turned up in the
> trash. No such luck today.
>
> Now I just need to take a couple valium, get over the frustration and then
> turn the house over again. If I find it, I'll probably collapse.
>
> It's only of sentimental value since I've worn it for all my adult life.
>
> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>
> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>
> Water, 2 valium, gulp.

Happened to me twice with my wedding ring. First time it slipped off in my
purse. Second time was much harder to find. Eventually found it in a small
soft sided cooler bag that I carry drinks in.

I no longer wear the wedding ring. I just buy a cheap, wedding looking ring
and replace it when it starts looking bad. I figure I'm still losing weight
so no need to buy something expensive until I'm down to the size I want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> This morning I realized a ring is missing. I've been turning the house
>> upside down, went through the garbage bit by bit. Can't find it!
>>
>> Called two stores I visited yesterday, "Sorry."
>>
>> Visited the hawkwatch in hopes. "Sorry."
>>
>> I knew it was getting loose as I lost poundage. Should've had it resized
>> sooner.
>>
>> This happened once before with my 7 diamond ring and it turned up in the
>> trash. No such luck today.
>>
>> Now I just need to take a couple valium, get over the frustration and
>> then
>> turn the house over again. If I find it, I'll probably collapse.
>>
>> It's only of sentimental value since I've worn it for all my adult life.
>>
>> I'm physically and mentally exhausted.
>>
>> See what happens when you lose weight? You lose "stuff" too!
>>
>> Water, 2 valium, gulp.

> Happened to me twice with my wedding ring. First time it slipped off in
> my purse. Second time was much harder to find. Eventually found it in a
> small soft sided cooler bag that I carry drinks in.
>
> I no longer wear the wedding ring. I just buy a cheap, wedding looking
> ring and replace it when it starts looking bad. I figure I'm still losing
> weight so no need to buy something expensive until I'm down to the size I
> want.

I caught my fingers on a heavy bag and the door knob. It made my two
fingers, pinky & wedding ring fingers swell up. The swelling would not go
down . I had it x-rayed, did all sorts of ice and massages, finally it did
come down just a bit to screamily pull the ring off (I wasn't about to have
it cut it off). The doctor(s) said that the ring was too tight and was
causing my finger(s) to swell - they poo-pooed the fact that I had caught my
fingers in the door. How dumb can these doctors be. But, it apparently was
not the ring - I knew that! Fingers still swollen. Ring(s) will not go on.

At first I wondered how it would feel not to have a wedding ring on. I
don't think much about it anymore. DH has never worn a wedding ring. So
we're still the two look-alikes.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> At first I wondered how it would feel not to have a wedding ring on. I
> don't think much about it anymore. DH has never worn a wedding ring. So
> we're still the two look-alikes.
>
> Dee Dee

I stopped wearing mine routinely when pregnant and swollen. I got out of
the habit and rarely wear one (of the various three my husband has given
me) because it is less bothersome at work with the hand washing (and
contamination) aspects.
Paula Deen's fat fingers look gross on television with all the rings she
wears while cooking. I always wonder how dirty they are underneath? WHY
do women with short, fat fingers wear multiple (usually cheap and ugly)
rings on each hand? Not only does it look unclean, it just exaggerates
how "sausage like" their hands are. Ugh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Dee Dee wrote:
>
>> At first I wondered how it would feel not to have a wedding ring on. I
>> don't think much about it anymore. DH has never worn a wedding ring. So
>> we're still the two look-alikes.
>>
>> Dee Dee

> I stopped wearing mine routinely when pregnant and swollen. I got out of
> the habit and rarely wear one (of the various three my husband has given
> me) because it is less bothersome at work with the hand washing (and
> contamination) aspects.
> Paula Deen's fat fingers look gross on television with all the rings she
> wears while cooking. I always wonder how dirty they are underneath? WHY do
> women with short, fat fingers wear multiple (usually cheap and ugly) rings
> on each hand? Not only does it look unclean, it just exaggerates how
> "sausage like" their hands are. Ugh.

By God you are a cheerful, generous soul, always finding the good in others,
looking on the bright side, not a mean, petty bone in your body. People
like you renew my faith in the largesse of the human spirit.

(My fingers are long and slender and I do not wear rings. I have never felt
the impulse to congratulate myself on my long, slender fingers, or show
disgust for those with short fat fingers. On the other hand, you, now you do
indeed disgust me.)

Carry on.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> The gout diet, low sat. fat, high complex carbs, no booze and lots of water.

What I'm about to spout is crap. I know it's crap. But it's a notion
that has served me for nearly a year. And it may appear to work for me
only until it happens again.
Back in 1990, I ate a lot of Nevada crawdads once. Within a week I had
horrible pain in my right foot. A doctor I saw told me to stay off the
foot. Brilliant!
Last year, shrimp were cheap from spring to fall and I bought lots for
my wife and me. I experienced the same pain that I had felt in 1990.
Only I experienced it five times for four days to two weeks at each
episode from late summer till New Year.
After New Year, shrimp became marginally more expensive, and I became a
bit bored with them. I didn't eat them for six months. I realized I
didn't have 'gout foot' either. I haven't eaten shrimp, crab or crawfish
since. I haven't had a problem since.
It breaks my heart to discontinue eating food I truly love, but I won't
eat shellfish again until I get 'gout foot' from something else that
proves my notion wrong. What I have, never diagnosed, is painful enough
to make me pass on shellfish until something else triggers it again.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell said...

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> The gout diet, low sat. fat, high complex carbs, no booze and lots of
>> water.

> What I'm about to spout is crap. I know it's crap. But it's a notion
> that has served me for nearly a year. And it may appear to work for me
> only until it happens again.
> Back in 1990, I ate a lot of Nevada crawdads once. Within a week I had
> horrible pain in my right foot. A doctor I saw told me to stay off the
> foot. Brilliant!
> Last year, shrimp were cheap from spring to fall and I bought lots for
> my wife and me. I experienced the same pain that I had felt in 1990.
> Only I experienced it five times for four days to two weeks at each
> episode from late summer till New Year.
> After New Year, shrimp became marginally more expensive, and I became a
> bit bored with them. I didn't eat them for six months. I realized I
> didn't have 'gout foot' either. I haven't eaten shrimp, crab or crawfish
> since. I haven't had a problem since.
> It breaks my heart to discontinue eating food I truly love, but I won't
> eat shellfish again until I get 'gout foot' from something else that
> proves my notion wrong. What I have, never diagnosed, is painful enough
> to make me pass on shellfish until something else triggers it again.
>
> leo

That's how it goes!

I'm missing a lot of my favorite foods but at the same time some of them
weren't good for me anyway. It's still trial and error with new foods.

Doc gave me a list of foods and their various levels of purenes and amounts
of them I "could" eat during the day or week. I almost cried.

My first attack lasted for two weeks and was crippling and painful. I
finally "crawled" to my podiatrist and as soon as he saw my foot he asked
"You ever have gout?" No. "You do NOW!"

On the bright side, as my weight has come down the bouts of gout are mainly
a minor aggravation.

I do keep a prescription of indocin (anti-inflamatory) when I know I'm
going to
eat something I shouldn't.

And I drink about 3/4 gallon of water a day as a gout general rule.

If you see your doc about it he'll probably also prescribe Allopurinol so
you "can" eat more of your favorite foods.

Good luck,

Andy

Lose weight tan General Cooking 1 07-10-2011 12:50 PM
Natural weight loss tactics to lose weight forever and never gain itback. All the weight-loss secrets! mada General Cooking 0 18-08-2010 03:31 PM
--- 10 Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight Brenda[_2_] Wine 0 23-03-2010 12:20 AM
Foods that can help you lose weight buzz[_3_] General Cooking 0 02-06-2008 09:18 PM
Eat Healthy, lose weight [email protected] General Cooking 0 05-02-2007 09:31 PM