Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beef Consomme and Beef Broth

What is the difference between the two?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Scott wrote:

> What is the difference between the two?

The former includes gelatin, the latter doesn't. At least that's what I
understand.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:30:46 -0500, Scott wrote:
>
>> What is the difference between the two?

> One demands higher price because it's written in French.
>
> -sw

So if I wanted to impress the cashier I would choose consomme.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Scott" > wrote in message
> Steve Wertz wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:30:46 -0500, Scott wrote:
>>
>>> What is the difference between the two?

>> One demands higher price because it's written in French.
>>
>> -sw

> So if I wanted to impress the cashier I would choose consomme.

Consomme is jellied. ICK!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 19, 11:30 am, Scott > wrote:
> What is the difference between the two?

Consomme is clarified. It's clarified using a raft.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 19, 11:30 am, Scott > wrote:
> What is the difference between the two?

Here's a link: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...8130237AAGceAU

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jimmy wrote:
> On Sep 19, 11:30 am, Scott > wrote:
>> What is the difference between the two?

> Here's a link: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...8130237AAGceAU

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for and then some.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg Reg is offline

Scott wrote:

> What is the difference between the two?

Consomme must be clarified to a high degree. Other than that,
no difference.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberJELLY wrote:

> "Scott" > wrote in message
> > Steve Wertz wrote:

> >> One demands higher price because it's written in French.
> >>
> >> -sw

> > So if I wanted to impress the cashier I would choose consomme.

> Consomme is jellied. ICK!!

Nonsense...isn't yer preferred contraceptive applied in a "gel" form...???

;-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:30:46 -0500, Scott > wrote:

>What is the difference between the two?

and beef stock...how about the trio?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beef Consomme, Beef Broth and Beef Stock

Ward Abbott wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:30:46 -0500, Scott > wrote:
>
>> What is the difference between the two?

> and beef stock...how about the trio?

What is the difference between the three?