Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bourdain Fans: He's a Top Chef Blogger

Heya all you Bourdain fans,

He is a regular blogger on the Top Chef site on Bravo now. He has a
great entry this week.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 23, 4:54 pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya all you Bourdain fans,
>
> He is a regular blogger on the Top Chef site on Bravo now. He has a
> great entry this week.
>
> Christine

Did you watch TC last week? Steven was the sommelier. What a hoot.
He hasn't changed a bit, even with his now top credentials.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 said...

> On Aug 23, 4:54 pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
>> Heya all you Bourdain fans,
>>
>> He is a regular blogger on the Top Chef site on Bravo now. He has a
>> great entry this week.
>>
>> Christine

> Did you watch TC last week? Steven was the sommelier. What a hoot.
> He hasn't changed a bit, even with his now top credentials.
>
> N.

I just saw Bourdain as one of three judges on that show recently. Or is
that a different show? I only saw a small piece of it. They were judging
two chefs in what was a process of elimination style. I forget the dish.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 24, 11:20 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Nancy2 said...
>
> > On Aug 23, 4:54 pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> >> Heya all you Bourdain fans,

> >> He is a regular blogger on the Top Chef site on Bravo now. He has a
> >> great entry this week.

> >> Christine

> > Did you watch TC last week? Steven was the sommelier. What a hoot.
> > He hasn't changed a bit, even with his now top credentials.

> > N.

> I just saw Bourdain as one of three judges on that show recently. Or is
> that a different show? I only saw a small piece of it. They were judging
> two chefs in what was a process of elimination style. I forget the dish.
>
> Andy

No, Bourdain was a judge on Top Chef. I can't remember if he was also
a judge on "The Next Food Network Star," or not...don't think so,
since he's on the Travel Channel.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 said...

> On Aug 24, 11:20 am, Andy <q> wrote:
>> Nancy2 said...

>> > Did you watch TC last week? Steven was the sommelier. What a hoot.
>> > He hasn't changed a bit, even with his now top credentials.

>> > N.

>> I just saw Bourdain as one of three judges on that show recently. Or is
>> that a different show? I only saw a small piece of it. They were judging
>> two chefs in what was a process of elimination style. I forget the dish.
>>
>> Andy

> No, Bourdain was a judge on Top Chef. I can't remember if he was also
> a judge on "The Next Food Network Star," or not...don't think so,
> since he's on the Travel Channel.
>
> N.

I guess it was Top Shelf then. It was on BRAVO.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:32:49 -0700, Nancy2 >
wrote:

>Did you watch TC last week? Steven was the sommelier. What a hoot.
>He hasn't changed a bit, even with his now top credentials.
>
>N.

No, I was working the last two nights... I will have to catch the
reruns.

Christine, off now til after the NM cook-in.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 24, 2:53 pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Aug 24, 11:20 am, Andy <q> wrote:
>

> > Nancy2 said...

> > > Did you watch TC last week? Steven was the sommelier. What a hoot.
> > > He hasn't changed a bit, even with his now top credentials.

> > > N.

> > I just saw Bourdain as one of three judges on that show recently. Or is
> > that a different show? I only saw a small piece of it. They were judging
> > two chefs in what was a process of elimination style. I forget the dish.

> > Andy

> No, Bourdain was a judge on Top Chef. I can't remember if he was also
> a judge on "The Next Food Network Star," or not...don't think so,
> since he's on the Travel Channel.
>
> N.- Hide quoted text -

Bourdain has never been a judge on TNFN Star. He and the FN had a
less-than-amicable parting (they wanted him to do more barbecue shows
and fewer shows featuring non-Americans;he refused to knuckle under
and be turned into another Bobby Flay). Plus Bourdain regularly gets
digs in against the FN and its personalities in his books and show.