Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pantry: Lost & Found

Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when surprise of
surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?

Don't ya just hate that?

If anybody needs some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes or that dog's baked
beans, we could swap?

You?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:22:44 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
>shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when surprise of
>surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
>
>Don't ya just hate that?
>
>If anybody needs some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes or that dog's baked
>beans, we could swap?

All the time. Some classic examples of mine: ending up with 6 boxes of
cake mix, 3 bottles of anise extract, 3 bottles of olive oil.

Right now in the "lost" category is the package of alfalfa seeds. I
just had them last week- what the bleep could I have done with
them????

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Curly Sue said...

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:22:44 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
>>shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when
>>surprise of surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
>>
>>Don't ya just hate that?
>>
>>If anybody needs some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes or that dog's baked
>>beans, we could swap?

> All the time. Some classic examples of mine: ending up with 6 boxes of
> cake mix, 3 bottles of anise extract, 3 bottles of olive oil.
>
> Right now in the "lost" category is the package of alfalfa seeds. I
> just had them last week- what the bleep could I have done with
> them????
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Sue,

The alfalfa seeds are now in plain sight since you picked up the bag of
pine nuts that blanketed them and you went and placed them on another
shelf?!?

That's using "Andy's Stupidity[TM]."

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 24, 3:22 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
> shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when surprise of
> surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
>
> Don't ya just hate that?
>
> If anybody needs some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes or that dog's baked
> beans, we could swap?
>
> You?
>
> Andy

I just went through that, with sun-dried tomatoes, orzo pasta, and
craisins;-)

Myrl

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf sf is offline

On Jul 24, 3:22 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
> shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when surprise of
> surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
>
> Don't ya just hate that?
>
> If anybody needs some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes or that dog's baked
> beans, we could swap?
>
> You?

I seem to develop blindness whenever I seriously *need* to find
something or other. Once the drama is over, *voila*... there it is
right where it was supposed to be. Who moved it and why????

``````````````````

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
> shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when surprise of
> surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
>
> Don't ya just hate that?
>
> If anybody needs some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes or that dog's baked
> beans, we could swap?
>
> You?
>
> Andy

I'll trade you dried shitakes for the tomatoes. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
sf > wrote:

> On Jul 24, 3:22 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> > Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
> > shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when surprise of
> > surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
> >
> > Don't ya just hate that?
> >
> > If anybody needs some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes or that dog's baked
> > beans, we could swap?
> >
> > You?
> >

> I seem to develop blindness whenever I seriously *need* to find
> something or other. Once the drama is over, *voila*... there it is
> right where it was supposed to be. Who moved it and why????
>

> ``````````````````

I needed to make room for a bunch of salt free canned goods I bought
yesterday so gave one of the pantry cabinets a good going thru and
re-arranging.

There was that missing quart of lime based mayo. Sell by date was two
years ago and it looked a bit dry.

I tossed it.

Everything else was fine. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote

> On Jul 24, 3:22 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>> Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
>> shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when surprise
>> of
>> surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
>>
>> Don't ya just hate that?

> I seem to develop blindness whenever I seriously *need* to find
> something or other. Once the drama is over, *voila*... there it is
> right where it was supposed to be. Who moved it and why????

You're right. Hysterical blindness. Happens to me, too. I don't
know what is up with that, how could I not see it sitting right there!

Works also when I order from Penzeys. Either I don't notice that
I'm completely out of (something I use all the time) and have to place
a second order within days of ordering, or I order something that I
already have 3 bags of sitting there.

Since I just ordered from them last night, I expect to find out what
I forgot, any minute now.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> "sf" > wrote
>
>> On Jul 24, 3:22 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>>> Ever hunt through the pantry and not see an item you need? Then you go
>>> shopping for it and get home and go to put it in the pantry when
>>> surprise of
>>> surprises, there's the identical item sitting there?
>>>
>>> Don't ya just hate that?

>> I seem to develop blindness whenever I seriously *need* to find
>> something or other. Once the drama is over, *voila*... there it is
>> right where it was supposed to be. Who moved it and why????

> You're right. Hysterical blindness. Happens to me, too. I don't
> know what is up with that, how could I not see it sitting right there!
>
> Works also when I order from Penzeys. Either I don't notice that
> I'm completely out of (something I use all the time) and have to place
> a second order within days of ordering, or I order something that I
> already have 3 bags of sitting there.
>
> Since I just ordered from them last night, I expect to find out what
> I forgot, any minute now.
>
> nancy

I've had an opposite affliction also. I'll be at the market and pass the
spice aisle and eye the flour and think, do I have flour? I forget. Do I
need A/P? Unbleached maybe? Well, it's only a buck so why not. Then I get
home and put it in the pantry, WITH FOUR OF ITS "FRIENDS."

I swear, I wish I had a Pantry cam to an iPhone so I could watch my
stupidity re-align at a glance, in real-time!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I just read of a refrigerator that will come out sometime in the future. It
will be equipped with a UPC-like scanning device. It supposedly keeps up
with what you take out of the fridge and what you return. If you don't
return an item, it will add it to a printable grocery list. Someone needs
to figure out a way to adapt this to a pantry. I even wondered if one of
the grocery store hand held inventory devices would work on my pantry!! I
would love to have a device in my pantry and refrig that I could phone from
the store and ask if I already have it or if I need it. Just dreaming, I
guess.
--
"Hope everyone is happy in your head - we're all doin' pretty good in mine."
--Unknown

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Nancy Young said...

>>> I seem to develop blindness whenever I seriously *need* to find
>>> something or other. Once the drama is over, *voila*... there it is
>>> right where it was supposed to be. Who moved it and why????

>> You're right. Hysterical blindness. Happens to me, too. I don't
>> know what is up with that, how could I not see it sitting right there!
>>
>> Works also when I order from Penzeys. Either I don't notice that
>> I'm completely out of (something I use all the time) and have to place
>> a second order within days of ordering, or I order something that I
>> already have 3 bags of sitting there.
>>
>> Since I just ordered from them last night, I expect to find out what
>> I forgot, any minute now.
>>
>> nancy

> I've had an opposite affliction also. I'll be at the market and pass the
> spice aisle and eye the flour and think, do I have flour? I forget. Do I
> need A/P? Unbleached maybe? Well, it's only a buck so why not. Then I get
> home and put it in the pantry, WITH FOUR OF ITS "FRIENDS."
>
> I swear, I wish I had a Pantry cam to an iPhone so I could watch my
> stupidity re-align at a glance, in real-time!
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Snickers said...

> would love to have a device in my pantry and refrig that I could phone
> from the store and ask if I already have it or if I need it. Just
> dreaming, I guess.

Snickers,

Well, at least you're dreaming in the right direction!

Andy