Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default I have been lost and now found.

About May Day my several year old computer croaked on me. $600 later I
now have a sparkling new computer and a lot of downloads from the elder
one. In addition I got a 15 or more year old computer working again for
use in Miz Anne's art studio.

I'm still trying to get everything arranged the way I want it and had
bloody hell getting newsgroups back. I did find out that I despise
Windows 10 and Microsoft completely.

What have we been preserving? Our sweet peppers are producing like
crazy. Have put up four or five quart bags of chopped peppers this week
alone.

The pear, fig, and kumquat are coming along. The kumquat is blooming but
we harvest the fruit in October/November. The four feet tall fig is
covered with green figs the size of my thumb. The pear tree has at least
thirty green pears on the limbs and, hopefully, we will get our first
pear harvest this fall.

We're still harvesting Swiss chard that was planted in early 2015 and
also the kale planted then. My black crowder peas are blooming and
running so I'm happy. Haven't had black crowders since my Dad passed in
1982 and Mom tossed out the heirloom seed.

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:

> About May Day my several year old computer croaked on me. $600 later I
> now have a sparkling new computer and a lot of downloads from the elder
> one. In addition I got a 15 or more year old computer working again for
> use in Miz Anne's art studio.
>
> I'm still trying to get everything arranged the way I want it and had
> bloody hell getting newsgroups back. I did find out that I despise
> Windows 10 and Microsoft completely.

i have gotten away from using MS anything the
past few years with no regrets. luckily i do not
have to share documents or print stuff in other
locations very often.

> What have we been preserving? Our sweet peppers are producing like
> crazy. Have put up four or five quart bags of chopped peppers this week
> alone.

all sounds great! i cooked up a batch of beans
today and was glad for simple and filling food. no
preserving going on here yet.

rained quite a bit a few hours ago. i'm not sure
when i'll get things planted. we've been busy
moving trees - the rain was perfect timing.

plenty of flowers out and the strawberries are
coming into bloom. i think this is about normal.
can't wait to have some fresh berries.

seems like i just get finished planting and then
it is time to pick. and, no, that is not a complaint
at all...

hope the Tilly Dawg is also doing ok.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 5/12/2016 9:16 PM, songbird wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>
>> About May Day my several year old computer croaked on me. $600 later I
>> now have a sparkling new computer and a lot of downloads from the elder
>> one. In addition I got a 15 or more year old computer working again for
>> use in Miz Anne's art studio.
>>
>> I'm still trying to get everything arranged the way I want it and had
>> bloody hell getting newsgroups back. I did find out that I despise
>> Windows 10 and Microsoft completely.

> i have gotten away from using MS anything the
> past few years with no regrets. luckily i do not
> have to share documents or print stuff in other
> locations very often.
>

>> What have we been preserving? Our sweet peppers are producing like
>> crazy. Have put up four or five quart bags of chopped peppers this week
>> alone.

> all sounds great! i cooked up a batch of beans
> today and was glad for simple and filling food. no
> preserving going on here yet.
>
> rained quite a bit a few hours ago. i'm not sure
> when i'll get things planted. we've been busy
> moving trees - the rain was perfect timing.
>
> plenty of flowers out and the strawberries are
> coming into bloom. i think this is about normal.
> can't wait to have some fresh berries.
>
> seems like i just get finished planting and then
> it is time to pick. and, no, that is not a complaint
> at all...
>
> hope the Tilly Dawg is also doing ok.
>

> songbird

Tilly is still limping a good bit, her muzzle is getting whiter every
day but she's still a loving friend for us.

Weather folk say we will get rain this day or the next day but they say
it every day and still no rain.

I think we will go to Kroger after a late breakfast and soak up their
air conditioning.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> Tilly is still limping a good bit, her muzzle is getting whiter every
> day but she's still a loving friend for us.

> Weather folk say we will get rain this day or the next day but they say
> it every day and still no rain.
>
> I think we will go to Kroger after a late breakfast and soak up their
> air conditioning.

it's rained quite a bit the past few days. soggy
out there now.

will be cool here, still frost warnings coming.

might hit 65-70F sometime later next week.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 5/14/2016 8:40 AM, songbird wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>> Tilly is still limping a good bit, her muzzle is getting whiter every
>> day but she's still a loving friend for us.

>> Weather folk say we will get rain this day or the next day but they say
>> it every day and still no rain.
>>
>> I think we will go to Kroger after a late breakfast and soak up their
>> air conditioning.

> it's rained quite a bit the past few days. soggy
> out there now.
>
> will be cool here, still frost warnings coming.
>
> might hit 65-70F sometime later next week.
>

> songbird

I just took a look at the high and lows for today and tomorrow morning.
High of 84F this evening, 64F tomorrow morning, now that's a temperature
swing.

It's as hot as a three dollar bill out right now, we're hiding in the
AC. Wife just came back from working in the church garden with another
good sized batch of nice blackberries. We're saving them and then will
make jelly.

George