Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wimpy, store bought Anaheims

Just not hot.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Just not hot.
>
> --Bryan

Anaheims are like that always. Some are hot and some are not. They just
vary. Try again.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Just not hot.

I thought they were supposed to be mild?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Just not hot.
>
> --Bryan

Anaheim's aren't a "hot" variety.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:05:42 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:10:11 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
>> Just not hot.

>Anaheims always suck. Wait until the end of August/September.
>
>-sw

And then get the REAL anaheims...Hatch Chiles!!!!!

Christine, who is waiting for the roasters to start popping up around
town

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B. wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Just not hot.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>

> Anaheims are like that always. Some are hot and some are not. They just
> vary. Try again.
> Janet

I don't think I have ever had an Anaheim that I would consider "hot". Or
even vaguely spicy for that matter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:01:29 -0700, Tony23 > wrote:

>I don't think I have ever had an Anaheim that I would consider "hot". Or
>even vaguely spicy for that matter.

You haven't had a Hatch chile then....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:01:29 -0700, Tony23 > wrote:
>

>>I don't think I have ever had an Anaheim that I would consider "hot". Or
>>even vaguely spicy for that matter.

> You haven't had a Hatch chile then....
>
> Christine

Hatch chilies are a localized hybrid though, aren't they? And from what
I've read, they don't ship well. Run-of-the-mill Anaheim's don't have much
(if any) kick to them, at least around here (northeast). I like 'em for
Italian sausage and peppers, instead of bell peppers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tony23" > wrote in message
> Janet B. wrote:
>> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>> Just not hot.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> Anaheims are like that always. Some are hot and some are not. They just
>> vary. Try again.
>> Janet

> I don't think I have ever had an Anaheim that I would consider "hot". Or
> even vaguely spicy for that matter.

The ones that I grow vary. I guess you would call some spicy and some mild.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paco's Tacos wrote:
> "Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:01:29 -0700, Tony23 > wrote:
>>

>>> I don't think I have ever had an Anaheim that I would consider "hot". Or
>>> even vaguely spicy for that matter.

>> You haven't had a Hatch chile then....
>>
>> Christine

> Hatch chilies are a localized hybrid though, aren't they? And from what
> I've read, they don't ship well. Run-of-the-mill Anaheim's don't have much
> (if any) kick to them, at least around here (northeast). I like 'em for
> Italian sausage and peppers, instead of bell peppers.

Where would the Hatch variety be local to? I live pretty close to
Anaheim...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tony23" > wrote in message
> Paco's Tacos wrote:

>>> You haven't had a Hatch chile then....
>>>
>>> Christine

>> Hatch chilies are a localized hybrid though, aren't they? And from what
>> I've read, they don't ship well. Run-of-the-mill Anaheim's don't have
>> much (if any) kick to them, at least around here (northeast). I like 'em
>> for Italian sausage and peppers, instead of bell peppers.

> Where would the Hatch variety be local to? I live pretty close to
> Anaheim...

Hatch, New Mexico.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tony23 > wrote:

> Janet B. wrote:

> > Anaheims are like that always. Some are hot and some are not. They just
> > vary. Try again.
> > Janet
> >

> I don't think I have ever had an Anaheim that I would consider "hot". Or
> even vaguely spicy for that matter.

I had one once. Since I buy them because they aren't hot (my wife
doesn't like hot), we weren't happy. I figure it must have gotten
cross-pollinated by a hot pepper.

My gripe is with jalapenos. They keep getting less and less hot over
the years. I may switch to serranos.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Tony23 > wrote:
>
>> Janet B. wrote:

>> > Anaheims are like that always. Some are hot and some are not. They
>> > just
>> > vary. Try again.
>> > Janet
>> >

>> I don't think I have ever had an Anaheim that I would consider "hot". Or
>> even vaguely spicy for that matter.

> I had one once. Since I buy them because they aren't hot (my wife
> doesn't like hot), we weren't happy. I figure it must have gotten
> cross-pollinated by a hot pepper.
>
> My gripe is with jalapenos. They keep getting less and less hot over
> the years. I may switch to serranos.

If you look at seed catalogs, the hot ones are still available. I'm
guessing that growers are responding to consumer preferences.
Janet