Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Can anyone see a problem with this?

I have a lot of the following, which I keep meaning to cook, but can't
be bothered -

Various beans
Brown rice
Various lentils
Split peas
Soya pieces

I was thinking of cooking quite a lot of it in one go inside a slow-
cooker, then freezing it.

My dilemna is timing. Would this work -

Beans ~ 2.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
Rice ~ 1.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
Soya ~ 1 hour on high, 4 on low. (Same for split peas)
Lentils ~ 45 mins high, 4 on low.

What I would do is once the beans were on, add in the other items at
various time intervals. (I appreciate the beans would require
overnight soaking.)

Regards, Robert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
Dot Net Developer > wrote:

> I have a lot of the following, which I keep meaning to cook, but can't
> be bothered -
>
> Various beans
> Brown rice
> Various lentils
> Split peas
> Soya pieces
>
> I was thinking of cooking quite a lot of it in one go inside a slow-
> cooker, then freezing it.
>
> My dilemna is timing. Would this work -
>
> Beans ~ 2.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
> Rice ~ 1.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
> Soya ~ 1 hour on high, 4 on low. (Same for split peas)
> Lentils ~ 45 mins high, 4 on low.
>
> What I would do is once the beans were on, add in the other items at
> various time intervals. (I appreciate the beans would require
> overnight soaking.)
>
> Regards, Robert.

Go buy a pressure cooker.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dot Net Developer > wrote:
>Beans ~ 2.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
>Rice ~ 1.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
>Soya ~ 1 hour on high, 4 on low. (Same for split peas)
>Lentils ~ 45 mins high, 4 on low.
>
>What I would do is once the beans were on, add in the other items at
>various time intervals. (I appreciate the beans would require
>overnight soaking.)

Sounds long. For all of it. Especially the rice.
Brown rice needs about 45 minutes to cook.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> Dot Net Developer > wrote:
> >Beans ~ 2.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
> >Rice ~ 1.5 hours on high, 4 on low.
> >Soya ~ 1 hour on high, 4 on low. (Same for split peas)
> >Lentils ~ 45 mins high, 4 on low.
> >
> >What I would do is once the beans were on, add in the other items at
> >various time intervals. (I appreciate the beans would require
> >overnight soaking.)

> Sounds long. For all of it. Especially the rice.
> Brown rice needs about 45 minutes to cook.

Yeah, gee, is this guy cookin' all this grub on his engine block or
something...???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow > wrote:
>Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Sounds long. For all of it. Especially the rice.
>> Brown rice needs about 45 minutes to cook.

>Yeah, gee, is this guy cookin' all this grub on his engine block or
>something...???

Maybe he drives a rice burner?

--Blair
"Hope not. I'm hungry."

Looks like the Sriracha problem wasn't a problem after all. ImStillMags General Cooking 1 16-07-2014 11:39 PM
a bit of a w problem Ruddell General Cooking 24 03-02-2006 03:49 PM
Problem: Help! Matthew Givens Winemaking 8 24-07-2005 06:30 AM
Pie Problem Renee General Cooking 1 10-06-2005 11:35 PM
MLF Problem.... Bruce Winemaking 1 03-11-2003 08:30 AM