Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Granite counter tops

Don't mean to start a big war here, but since many of you must have
granite tops, how about some pros and cons of them? Thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 12, 5:10�pm, Allan Matthews > wrote:
> Don't mean to start a big war here, but since many of you must have
> granite tops, how about some pros and cons of them? *Thanks

OK, we sorta went through this a cople weeks ago, you can probably
look and find what ever you like good or bad, in the archives.

I have them, I love them, I have no problem keeping them clean, they
are smooth and col to the topuch. You can put hot pans on it and not
worry about burning the counter tops. With Corian ( I have had this
too and liked it ) You cannot put a hot pan on it. Needless to say,
the formica counters, will burn and scratch easily.

Fo baking, rolling out crusts, and cookie dough , the granite is
wonderful. I use it to knead my bread, and cannot think of a singl;e
thing I do not like about it.

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:
> On May 12, 5:10�pm, Allan Matthews > wrote:
>> Don't mean to start a big war here, but since many of you must have
>> granite tops, how about some pros and cons of them? �Thanks

> OK, we sorta went through this a cople weeks ago, you can probably
> look and find what ever you like good or bad, in the archives.
>
> I have them, I love them, I have no problem keeping them clean, they
> are smooth and col to the topuch. You can put hot pans on it and not
> worry about burning the counter tops. With Corian ( I have had this
> too and liked it ) You cannot put a hot pan on it. Needless to say,
> the formica counters, will burn and scratch easily.
>
> Fo baking, rolling out crusts, and cookie dough , the granite is
> wonderful. I use it to knead my bread, and cannot think of a singl;e
> thing I do not like about it.
>
> Rosie

I will say the same for my marble countertops. In Italy granite is the
cheaper one, go figure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Allan Matthews wrote:
> Don't mean to start a big war here, but since many of you must have
> granite tops, how about some pros and cons of them? Thanks

Why would this start a war?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 May 2007 05:26:48 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Allan Matthews wrote:
>> Don't mean to start a big war here, but since many of you must have
>> granite tops, how about some pros and cons of them? Thanks

>Why would this start a war?

Just thought there might be some very
strong opinions. Aprreciate the comments. Am in a rather unusual
situation here regarding counter tops and just needed some advice.
Have a good day folks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Allan Matthews" > wrote

> On Sun, 13 May 2007 05:26:48 -0400, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
>>Allan Matthews wrote:
>>> Don't mean to start a big war here, but since many of you must have
>>> granite tops, how about some pros and cons of them? Thanks

>>Why would this start a war?

> Just thought there might be some very
> strong opinions. Aprreciate the comments. Am in a rather unusual
> situation here regarding counter tops and just needed some advice.
> Have a good day folks.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have granite countertops so
I can't really say much except that I think they are gorgeous.
Seems you have to seal them once in a while, which seems
easy to me, so I don't know why people complain. Personally,
I dislike the Corian type counters, they remind me of hotel
bathrooms (sorry), they just don't have the shine or the soul.
You might want to check into the Silestone (?) type of stuff,
it might have the qualities that are good in granite with other
qualities that make it better than granite. I do not know what
those might be.

Good luck with your project. I'm envious.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I chose not to have granite because it has to have special treatment like
sealing. Silstone which is a quartz and hanstone.

I chose quartz because it needs no special care. It is beautiful.

--
Helen
in
"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Allan Matthews" > wrote
>
>> On Sun, 13 May 2007 05:26:48 -0400, Goomba38 >
>> wrote:

>>>Why would this start a war?

>> Just thought there might be some very
>> strong opinions. Aprreciate the comments. Am in a rather unusual
>> situation here regarding counter tops and just needed some advice.
>> Have a good day folks.

> Unfortunately for me, I don't have granite countertops so
> I can't really say much except that I think they are gorgeous.
> Seems you have to seal them once in a while, which seems
> easy to me, so I don't know why people complain. Personally,
> I dislike the Corian type counters, they remind me of hotel
> bathrooms (sorry), they just don't have the shine or the soul.
> You might want to check into the Silestone (?) type of stuff,
> it might have the qualities that are good in granite with other
> qualities that make it better than granite. I do not know what
> those might be.
>
> Good luck with your project. I'm envious.
>
> nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Allan Matthews wrote:
>> Don't mean to start a big war here, but since many of you must have
>> granite tops, how about some pros and cons of them? Thanks

>Why would this start a war?

See Peter A's reply. It was a totally ignorant reply, meant to start
a flamewar.

--
See return address to reply by email