Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Making Peanut butter

Drew Cutter wrote:
> Has anybody tried making peanut butter ? What's your experience using a
> food processor ?

It works great. I like to use salted and roasted Spanish peanuts, cuz I
like the texture from the skins. You might want to substitute all or
half blanched peanuts.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Drew Cutter wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>> Drew Cutter wrote:
>>> Has anybody tried making peanut butter ? What's your experience using
>>> a food processor ?

>> It works great. I like to use salted and roasted Spanish peanuts, cuz
>> I like the texture from the skins. You might want to substitute all
>> or half blanched peanuts.
>>
>> Bob

> Do buy them locally or mail order ?

I buy them at Fleet Farm. (locally)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Drew Cutter wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>> Drew Cutter wrote:

>>> Do buy them locally or mail order ?

>> I buy them at Fleet Farm. (locally)
>>
>> Bob

> How do you measure the amount of peanuts to use ? I want to make enough
> peanut butter to last two to three weeks , having peanut butter and
> jelly sandwiches every day.

What's to measure?
I grind up a bag of peanuts (I think it's a pound) and use it until it's
gone -- maybe 2 weeks, maybe a year, depending on if I'm in the mood for
peanut butter. The stuff keeps almost forever.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 May 2007 16:00:49 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>Drew Cutter wrote:
>>

>> zxcvbob wrote:

>>> I buy them at Fleet Farm. (locally)
>>>
>>> Bob

>> How do you measure the amount of peanuts to use ? I want to make enough
>> peanut butter to last two to three weeks , having peanut butter and
>> jelly sandwiches every day.

>What's to measure?
>I grind up a bag of peanuts (I think it's a pound) and use it until it's
>gone -- maybe 2 weeks, maybe a year, depending on if I'm in the mood for
>peanut butter. The stuff keeps almost forever.

Other nuts can be made into "butter" as well. Cashew is really, really
good. =)

Regards,
Tracy R.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Drew Cutter wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> Drew Cutter wrote:

>>> How do you measure the amount of peanuts to use ? I want to make
>>> enough peanut butter to last two to three weeks , having peanut
>>> butter and jelly sandwiches every day.

>> What's to measure?
>> I grind up a bag of peanuts (I think it's a pound) and use it until
>> it's gone -- maybe 2 weeks, maybe a year, depending on if I'm in the
>> mood for peanut butter. The stuff keeps almost forever.
>>
>> Bob

> Thanks Bob. The recipe didn't really tell me . Just use roasted peanuts.

They don't have to be roasted, raw will work also, in fact the "elderly
relative" prefers it when i don't roast the peanuts.

im tempted to make some from garlic roasted peanuts we can get, along
with 5 spices peanuts and another i cant recall the name of.

I got a big can of dry roasted peanuts given to me that i don't like to
eat straight from the can but have not yet turned into peanut butter.

Add a bit of oil if wanted for a 'creamier" peanut butter, canola or
peanut, first time i made peanut butter i put sesame oil in, wasn't bad.
--
JL