Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pesto Revisited

I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the pesto I
made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one teaspoonful of pesto
stirred in. Left the pesto slightly lumpy. Snack made in heaven and I
thought it was pretty, too.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Joneses said...

> I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the
> pesto I made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one teaspoonful of
> pesto stirred in. Left the pesto slightly lumpy. Snack made in heaven
> and I thought it was pretty, too.
> Edrena

Edrena,

I'd triple the pesto, toss with low cal pasta, accompanied with low cal
garlic bread and low cal wine.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Joneses" > wrote in message ...
I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the pesto I
made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one teaspoonful of pesto
stirred in. Left the pesto slightly lumpy. Snack made in heaven and I
thought it was pretty, too.
Edrena

o u just gave me an idea for an add in to plain yogurt....lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Laura" > wrote in
:

> "The Joneses" > wrote in message
> ... I needed
> a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the
> pesto I made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one
> teaspoonful of pesto stirred in. Left the pesto slightly
> lumpy. Snack made in heaven and I thought it was pretty,
> too. Edrena
>

> o u just gave me an idea for an add in to plain yogurt....lol
> ------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C78701.00520200
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
> charset=iso-8859-1"> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16414"
> name=GENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <BLOCKQUOTE
> style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT:
> 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
> <DIV>"The Joneses" &lt;<A
> ">famjones@swbell. net</A>&gt;
> wrote in message <A
> . net">news:6
> </A>...</DIV>
> <DIV>I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the
> last jar of the pesto I <BR>made last July. Small bowl of
> cottage cheese, one teaspoonful of pesto <BR>stirred in.
> Left the pesto slightly lumpy. Snack made in heaven and
> I <BR>thought it was pretty, too.<BR>Edrena<BR><BR></DIV>
> <DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial
> size=4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
> <DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial size=4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial size=4>o&nbsp; u just gave me
> an idea for an add in to plain
> yogurt....lol</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C78701.00520200--

Interesting.
(Not)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Joneses wrote:
> I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the pesto I
> made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one teaspoonful of pesto
> stirred in. Left the pesto slightly lumpy. Snack made in heaven and I
> thought it was pretty, too.
> Edrena

I came home from my 13 hour PM shift and just ate an Amy's tortellini in
pesto frozen entree. Good stuff for "breakfast"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> The Joneses wrote:
>> I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the
>> pesto I made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one teaspoonful of
>> pesto stirred in. Left the pesto slightly lumpy. Snack made in heaven and
>> I thought it was pretty, too.
>> Edrena

> I came home from my 13 hour PM shift and just ate an Amy's tortellini in
> pesto frozen entree. Good stuff for "breakfast"

The olive oil and garlic in pesto make for good nutrition, right? Another
Breakfast of Champions.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> The Joneses said...
>
>> I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the
>> pesto I made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one teaspoonful of
>> pesto stirred in. Left the pesto slightly lumpy. Snack made in heaven
>> and I thought it was pretty, too.
>> Edrena

> Edrena,
>
> I'd triple the pesto, toss with low cal pasta, accompanied with low cal
> garlic bread and low cal wine.
>
> Andy

(big) That's a little more lo cal than authorized! I tried the whole grain,
heart-healthy pasta and didn't like it, and I like whole wheat breads and
things. I know that fresh pasta would have been probably better, but all
that wheaty flavor just wasn't "right." I've been know to make pesto on
toast, too. I guess I'm addicted.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Joneses" > wrote in
et:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>> The Joneses said...
>>
>>> I needed a low cal protein snack, and had opened the last jar of the
>>> pesto I made last July. Small bowl of cottage cheese, one
>>> teaspoonful of pesto stirred in. Left the pesto slightly lumpy.
>>> Snack made in heaven and I thought it was pretty, too.
>>> Edrena

>> Edrena,
>>
>> I'd triple the pesto, toss with low cal pasta, accompanied with low
>> cal garlic bread and low cal wine.
>>
>> Andy

> (big) That's a little more lo cal than authorized! I tried the whole
> grain, heart-healthy pasta and didn't like it, and I like whole wheat
> breads and things. I know that fresh pasta would have been probably
> better, but all that wheaty flavor just wasn't "right." I've been
> know to make pesto on toast, too. I guess I'm addicted.
> Edrena

The Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole wheat blend pasta wide noodles are
pretty good, almost like the regular to my taste. I didn't see any but
perhaps they also sell other configurations of whole wheat pastas.

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Aguacates revisited Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 6 14-01-2009 11:24 PM
Oaking Revisited jim Winemaking 7 05-10-2007 05:39 PM
Rum Pot Revisited Casey Wilson Winemaking 10 14-04-2007 10:17 PM
TN: Vero revisited DaleW Wine 0 01-02-2007 08:21 PM
Supersize me (revisited) Andy General Cooking 71 23-12-2004 08:39 PM