Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Aguacates revisited

A week and a half ago I asked about how to avoid fiibrous and otherwise
icky avocados. Suggestion was made about pressing on the area
surrounding the stem. I've done it and it works. Thanks, Janet
Bostwick (I think you were the one who recommended that check).
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> A week and a half ago I asked about how to avoid fiibrous and otherwise
> icky avocados. Suggestion was made about pressing on the area
> surrounding the stem. I've done it and it works. Thanks, Janet
> Bostwick (I think you were the one who recommended that check).

I think it was I, Janet Wilder
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> A week and a half ago I asked about how to avoid fiibrous and
>> otherwise icky avocados. Suggestion was made about pressing on the
>> area surrounding the stem. I've done it and it works. Thanks, Janet
>> Bostwick (I think you were the one who recommended that check).

> I think it was I, Janet Wilder

Would you repeat your advice, please? What should the stem area
feel like?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > A week and a half ago I asked about how to avoid fiibrous and otherwise
> > icky avocados. Suggestion was made about pressing on the area
> > surrounding the stem. I've done it and it works. Thanks, Janet
> > Bostwick (I think you were the one who recommended that check).

> I think it was I, Janet Wilder

ACK! 'twas you, indeed. Thank you for the correction. And the
advice.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>
December 27, 2008, 7:30 a.m.: "I have fixed my roof,
I have mended my fences; now let the winter winds blow."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> A week and a half ago I asked about how to avoid fiibrous and
>>> otherwise icky avocados. Suggestion was made about pressing on the
>>> area surrounding the stem. I've done it and it works. Thanks, Janet
>>> Bostwick (I think you were the one who recommended that check).

>> I think it was I, Janet Wilder

> Would you repeat your advice, please? What should the stem area feel like?

Press on the stem end with your finger. It should give a little.

BTW, I just bought 3 lovely ones for $1 each at HEB today. Usually the
ones on weekly promotions are small but these were quite large.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> A week and a half ago I asked about how to avoid fiibrous and otherwise
>>> icky avocados. Suggestion was made about pressing on the area
>>> surrounding the stem. I've done it and it works. Thanks, Janet
>>> Bostwick (I think you were the one who recommended that check).

>> I think it was I, Janet Wilder

> ACK! 'twas you, indeed. Thank you for the correction. And the
> advice.

You are quite welcome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it was I, Janet Wilder

>> Would you repeat your advice, please? What should the stem area feel
>> like?
>>

> Press on the stem end with your finger. It should give a little.
>
> BTW, I just bought 3 lovely ones for $1 each at HEB today. Usually the
> ones on weekly promotions are small but these were quite large.

Okay. I do that. I didn't realize that somehow showed whether
they were fibrous or not. Thanks.

--
Jean B.

Aguacates Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 46 05-01-2009 05:32 PM
aguacates NOSABO Mexican Cooking 0 27-02-2007 08:27 PM
aguacates NOSABO Mexican Cooking 0 27-02-2007 08:25 PM
Aguacates Calientes recipe, but what is "soja"? Paul Covey Mexican Cooking 4 30-03-2005 06:50 AM
Aguacates Rellenos Con Atun 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 23-11-2004 07:51 AM