Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default about electric knives??

OK, I broke down and bought an "el-cheapo" electric knife. I'm not very
impressed with it nor with the job it performs. I want to thinly slice
meats of various sorts but due to physical reasons, I can no longer
weild a knife as well as I used to.

So, are some brands/types of electric knives better than others? Your
input, pros and cons, is greatly appreciated.

Sky, who prefers regular knives but . . . . . oh well
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Skyhooks" > wrote in message
> OK, I broke down and bought an "el-cheapo" electric knife. I'm not very
> impressed with it nor with the job it performs. I want to thinly slice
> meats of various sorts but due to physical reasons, I can no longer
> weild a knife as well as I used to.
>
> So, are some brands/types of electric knives better than others? Your
> input, pros and cons, is greatly appreciated.
>
> Sky, who prefers regular knives but . . . . . oh well

I have two, both gifts, they both suck!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberSLOP blew us with:

> "Skyhooks" > wrote in message
> > OK, I broke down and bought an "el-cheapo" electric knife. I'm not very
> > impressed with it nor with the job it performs. I want to thinly slice
> > meats of various sorts but due to physical reasons, I can no longer
> > weild a knife as well as I used to.
> >
> > So, are some brands/types of electric knives better than others? Your
> > input, pros and cons, is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Sky, who prefers regular knives but . . . . . oh well

> I have two, both gifts, they both suck!

So give 'em to your paramour, he says as a fellatrix you ain't so hot...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:45:44 -0500, Skyhooks
> wrote:

>OK, I broke down and bought an "el-cheapo" electric knife. I'm not very
>impressed with it nor with the job it performs. I want to thinly slice
>meats of various sorts but due to physical reasons, I can no longer
>weild a knife as well as I used to.
>
>So, are some brands/types of electric knives better than others? Your
>input, pros and cons, is greatly appreciated.
>
>Sky, who prefers regular knives but . . . . . oh well

A Google search on electric knives got quite a few hits, most of them
trying to sell. However there was one review site:

http://products.howstuffworks.com/el...fe-reviews.htm

that had some reviews posted. They recommend Hamilton Beach or Black
and Decker.

Ron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 2007, cybercat wrote:

> I have two [electric knives], both gifts, they both suck!

Many posters here and on other boards claim to
disdain most Food Network hosts, but many disdainers
claim that they make an exception for Alton Brown,
who often uses an electric knife. I've never seen
anyone ask why he uses it. I haven't had television
in my home for a couple years. Has he ever said
anything about it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KevinS" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 15, 2007, cybercat wrote:
>
>> I have two [electric knives], both gifts, they both suck!

> Many posters here and on other boards claim to
> disdain most Food Network hosts, but many disdainers
> claim that they make an exception for Alton Brown,
> who often uses an electric knife. I've never seen
> anyone ask why he uses it. I haven't had television
> in my home for a couple years. Has he ever said
> anything about it?

I don't watch food tv. Am I missing something good?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 2007, cybercat wrote:

> I don't watch food tv. Am I missing something good?

I rarely see it these days. Based on the little I see,
I'd say - for the most part - no.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Skyhooks" > wrote in message
> OK, I broke down and bought an "el-cheapo" electric knife. I'm not very
> impressed with it nor with the job it performs. I want to thinly slice
> meats of various sorts but due to physical reasons, I can no longer
> weild a knife as well as I used to.
>
> So, are some brands/types of electric knives better than others? Your
> input, pros and cons, is greatly appreciated.
>
> Sky, who prefers regular knives but . . . . . oh well

I'm just curious: What do you mean by "can no longer wield..."? You can't
hold a regular knife correctly, or control it well, or other?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ron wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:45:44 -0500, Skyhooks
> > wrote:
>
> >OK, I broke down and bought an "el-cheapo" electric knife. I'm not very
> >impressed with it nor with the job it performs. I want to thinly slice
> >meats of various sorts but due to physical reasons, I can no longer
> >weild a knife as well as I used to.
> >
> >So, are some brands/types of electric knives better than others? Your
> >input, pros and cons, is greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Sky, who prefers regular knives but . . . . . oh well

> A Google search on electric knives got quite a few hits, most of them
> trying to sell. However there was one review site:
>
> http://products.howstuffworks.com/el...fe-reviews.htm
>
> that had some reviews posted. They recommend Hamilton Beach or Black
> and Decker.
>
> Ron

Thanks for the reference. I found it helpful. I'm still not sure what
I'll do regarding an electric knife. I know I'll return the el-cheapi
one I bought (sigh).

Sky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:06:12 -0500, Skyhooks
> wrote:

>Ron wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:45:44 -0500, Skyhooks
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >OK, I broke down and bought an "el-cheapo" electric knife. I'm not very
>> >impressed with it nor with the job it performs. I want to thinly slice
>> >meats of various sorts but due to physical reasons, I can no longer
>> >weild a knife as well as I used to.
>> >
>> >So, are some brands/types of electric knives better than others? Your
>> >input, pros and cons, is greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> >Sky, who prefers regular knives but . . . . . oh well

>> A Google search on electric knives got quite a few hits, most of them
>> trying to sell. However there was one review site:
>>
>> http://products.howstuffworks.com/el...fe-reviews.htm
>>
>> that had some reviews posted. They recommend Hamilton Beach or Black
>> and Decker.
>>
>> Ron

>Thanks for the reference. I found it helpful. I'm still not sure what
>I'll do regarding an electric knife. I know I'll return the el-cheapi
>one I bought (sigh).
>
>Sky

I just remembered another good site for reviews. It's:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/

They have a cooking show on PBS TV. In my opinion, one of the best
cooking shows anywhere. There is an "Equipment Corner" with reviews
on the site. You have to register to get some of the information, but
registration is free and they don't pester you with a bunch of spam
e-mails if you opt out of that service. Their recipes are great too.

Ron

How many knives are too many? pltrgyst[_4_] General Cooking 10 10-06-2015 06:24 AM
Mac knives modom General Cooking 31 28-05-2006 04:54 PM
Electric stove controller for electric smoker catfish Barbecue 1 12-05-2006 07:56 AM
Any good electric carving knives? TOM KAN PA Cooking Equipment 9 05-05-2004 12:00 AM
Knives; [email protected] General Cooking 2 30-11-2003 01:21 PM