Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to aus.food,rec.food.cooking

Default Converting a normal recipe to slow cooker

I have a lovely recipe "Olive citrus lamb shanks" that I would dearly love
to try as a slow cooker recipe. With the price of lamb shank being a little
expensive I need some advice about converting the recipe I have as I'm not
keen to experiment too much.

Without listing all quantities it goes:
Toss 8 shanks in flour and pepper. Heat olive oil in large pan and cook
until brown in batches. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.Cut 1 large red
onion into wedges. Add onion, 4 cloves garlic and 2 tsp paprika to same pan.
Cook, stirring until onions are just soft. Return lamb to pan. Add 6 medium
quartered tomatoes, 3 large chopped carrots, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tsp
sugar, 1 cup dry red wine, 1/2 cup water, 1 tbsp beef stock powder, 2 sprigs
fresh rosemary, 3 lemon rind strips and a cinnamon stick. Simmer covered 1
1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in 3/4 cup seeded black olives,
simmer about 30 mins. Just before serving stir in 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2
tbsp chopped fresh mint.

What do you think? Can it be done?

Liz