Corey B

Default Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe from Cook's Illustrated Nov/Dec 2002

While preparing my grocery list for Thanksgiving this weekend, I
noticed that I'm missing my Cook's Illustrated magazine with their
wonderful mashed sweet potato recipe. Could someone be kind enough to
post or email it to me? If you have the recipe and haven't tried it,
it's amazinly rich and simple to prepare, a fantastic side dish for
special occasions.

Thanks for any help,
Corey
April Jones

They have thier sweet potato recipes on thier website at
www.cooksillustrated.com. I plan in serving them with cold smoked
grilled salmon for Thanksgiving dinner.

April

rosie read and post

april,
it appears that you have to buy a membership for the recipe.

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

i like your christ, I do not like your christians, your christians
are so unlike your christ.
..............................................gand hi

"April Jones" > wrote in message
> They have thier sweet potato recipes on thier website at
> www.cooksillustrated.com. I plan in serving them with cold smoked
> grilled salmon for Thanksgiving dinner.
>
> April

Vince Poroke

(April Jones) wrote in message >...
> They have thier sweet potato recipes on thier website at

www.cooksillustrated.com. I plan in serving them with cold smoked
> grilled salmon for Thanksgiving dinner.
>
> April

Because you know thats what the settlers and indians ate along with a
leek and cranberry chutney. Sorry but hearing cold smoked salmon for
thanks giving isn't jermaine.
Jack Schidt®

"Vince Poroke" > wrote in message
om...
> (April Jones) wrote in message

> > They have thier sweet potato recipes on thier website at

www.cooksillustrated.com. I plan in serving them with cold smoked
> > grilled salmon for Thanksgiving dinner.
> >
> > April

> Because you know thats what the settlers and indians ate along with a
> leek and cranberry chutney. Sorry but hearing cold smoked salmon for
> thanks giving isn't jermaine.

Do you actually believe that no one living on the new england coast 400
years ago had any inkling of how to smoke fish??

Let's do some debunking. The Pilgrims came over here to make a living
fishing for cod. They sucked at that, almost starved the first winter.
Besides, the Portuguese were already here, fishing up a storm. More about
them later.

Anyway, the pilgrims (down to lower case, the losers) would have died if not
for the natives here who already knew how to reap the land's harvest. And
it was WILD turkey at that alleged first thanksgiving, not that butterball
schmutz.

Back to the Portuguese....they made a great soup, clams, fish, potatoes,
stock and some tomatoes they found here in the 'new world'. The pilgrims
hated dat schidt......actually made it illegal to call it chowder in
Massachusetts. Harumph!

Then more pilgrims came over and killed some natives and it was all good for
them cuz that's what their book said to do.

Anyway, salmon is a fish that's native to the new england waters and saying
it's not germane is a bit off the mark. Think outside the box, amigo.

Jack Ply-mouth

SCUBApix

"rosie read and post" > wrote in message
> april,
> it appears that you have to buy a membership for the recipe.

The site is a combination of paid and free stuff. Look at the top where it
says 'Choose a Category' and pick 'Recipes'. Then type in 'sweet potatoes'
and then click on search. I don't know if the recipe that's wanted comes up,
but several do.

SCUBApix

Ignore my previous post. The search engine finds all recipes but you have to
have a subscription to see them. My mistake. There are some recipes that are
free but not many. Again, sorry.
"SCUBApix" > wrote in message

> "rosie read and post" > wrote in message
> > april,
> > it appears that you have to buy a membership for the recipe.
> >

> The site is a combination of paid and free stuff. Look at the top where it
> says 'Choose a Category' and pick 'Recipes'. Then type in 'sweet potatoes'
> and then click on search. I don't know if the recipe that's wanted comes

up,
> but several do.

Chris and Bob Neidecker

I got some of the sweet potato recipes (and sent it to the OP). I had to
register, but didn't have to pay.

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> Ignore my previous post. The search engine finds all recipes but you have

> have a subscription to see them. My mistake. There are some recipes that

are
> free but not many. Again, sorry.
> "SCUBApix" > wrote in message
> >
> > "rosie read and post" > wrote in message
> > > april,
> > > it appears that you have to buy a membership for the recipe.
> > >

> > The site is a combination of paid and free stuff. Look at the top where

it
> > says 'Choose a Category' and pick 'Recipes'. Then type in 'sweet

potatoes'
> > and then click on search. I don't know if the recipe that's wanted comes

> up,
> > but several do.

Wayne Boatwright

"Chris and Bob Neidecker" > wrote in
:

Where did you register and not pay? I can't find it...

Thanks.

> I got some of the sweet potato recipes (and sent it to the OP). I had
> to register, but didn't have to pay.
>

> "SCUBApix" > wrote in message
>> Ignore my previous post. The search engine finds all recipes but you
>> have

>> have a subscription to see them. My mistake. There are some recipes
>> that

> are
>> free but not many. Again, sorry.
>> "SCUBApix" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "rosie read and post" > wrote in
>> > message ...
>> > >
>> > The site is a combination of paid and free stuff. Look at the top
>> > where

> it
>> > says 'Choose a Category' and pick 'Recipes'. Then type in 'sweet

> potatoes'
>> > and then click on search. I don't know if the recipe that's wanted
>> > comes

>> up,
>> > but several do.

April Jones

In article >, Vince Poroke
says...

(April Jones) wrote in message >...
>> They have thier sweet potato recipes on thier website at
>> www.cooksillustrated.com. I plan in serving them with cold smoked
>> grilled salmon for Thanksgiving dinner.
>>
>> April

>Because you know thats what the settlers and indians ate along with a
>leek and cranberry chutney. Sorry but hearing cold smoked salmon for
>thanks giving isn't jermaine.

I am refering to Canadian Thankgiving which the original poster was refering to
as they stated it was this week-end (it's 10-13 this year). In my area of
coastal British Columbia I am sure the "settlers and indians" ate thier share of
smoked fish as the turkey population was not too abundant to say the least.

April

"Wild salmon don't do drugs"