Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Cook's Illustrated" potato soup

This month's issue had me wrestling with what to make first. I went
with the potato soup. It's excellent.

But I misread the recipe before going shopping. It calls for 2 heads
of garlic, plus some more minced, and some more to fry and make garlic
chips as a garnish. I read the "2 heads" as "2 cloves," so I only had
one head total.

Quite honestly, the soup was very balanced and had plenty of garlic
flavor. I'll probably keep it at that in the future.

Next from the magazine: Chinese BBQ Pork.