Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Iron Chef America

I understand it's a lot of TV theatrics but at the beginning of the show
where they introduce the Iron Chefs and the guest chef chooses the Iron Chef
to compete against, I have to laugh and wonder, do the other Iron Chefs go
home with parting gifts???

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 10, 6:17 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> I understand it's a lot of TV theatrics but at the beginning of the show
> where they introduce the Iron Chefs and the guest chef chooses the Iron Chef
> to compete against, I have to laugh and wonder, do the other Iron Chefs go
> home with parting gifts???
>
> Andy

Yeah. They all get a supply of Rice-O-Roni, "The San Francisco Treat."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> I understand it's a lot of TV theatrics but at the beginning of the show
> where they introduce the Iron Chefs and the guest chef chooses the Iron Chef
> to compete against, I have to laugh and wonder, do the other Iron Chefs go
> home with parting gifts???
>
> Andy

Oh definitely, a hefty check to take home and deposit at the bank.

Sky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher Helms wrote:
> On Mar 10, 6:17 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>> I understand it's a lot of TV theatrics but at the beginning of the show
>> where they introduce the Iron Chefs and the guest chef chooses the Iron Chef
>> to compete against, I have to laugh and wonder, do the other Iron Chefs go
>> home with parting gifts???
>>
>> Andy

> Yeah. They all get a supply of Rice-O-Roni, "The San Francisco Treat."

And the Iron Chef America home game.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT - ROFL...( Iron Chef America

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
> Pennyaline >
> :
>
>> Christopher Helms wrote:

>>> Yeah. They all get a supply of Rice-O-Roni, "The San Francisco
>>> Treat."

>> And the Iron Chef America home game.

> Okay, okay, okay... I just got a mental image of Sandra Lee in competition
> with Rachel Ray on Iron Chef America. Bwaaaahaaahaa... I can see the
> camera focusing on SL's failed attempt to open a can of condensed soup
> while RR has talked her sous chef to death while missing the time limit.
>
> SL would take home Kraft Macaroni and Cheese boxed Dinner. RR would take
> home a 30 minute kitchen timer to tell her when her time is up.
>
> Michael

Did you see the Iron Chef with RR? She paired up with Mario to take on
that italian chick with the giant head and BBQ Bobby. She did OK, better
than big head who is actualy a chef.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

> Pennyaline >
> :
>
>> Christopher Helms wrote:

>>> Yeah. They all get a supply of Rice-O-Roni, "The San Francisco
>>> Treat."

>> And the Iron Chef America home game.

> Okay, okay, okay... I just got a mental image of Sandra Lee in

competition
> with Rachel Ray on Iron Chef America. Bwaaaahaaahaa... I can see the
> camera focusing on SL's failed attempt to open a can of condensed soup
> while RR has talked her sous chef to death while missing the time limit.
>
> SL would take home Kraft Macaroni and Cheese boxed Dinner. RR would take
> home a 30 minute kitchen timer to tell her when her time is up.
>
> Michael

SL should also get a lifetime supply of hair spray remover and RR should
also get a lifetime supply of Corn Oil.

Andy's Evil Twin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher Helms > wrote:
>On Mar 10, 6:17 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>> I understand it's a lot of TV theatrics but at the beginning of the show
>> where they introduce the Iron Chefs and the guest chef chooses the Iron Chef
>> to compete against, I have to laugh and wonder, do the other Iron Chefs go
>> home with parting gifts???

>Yeah. They all get a supply of Rice-O-Roni, "The San Francisco Treat."

Bobby Flay couldn't make it properly.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 10:29 am, "Peter" > wrote:

> Did you see the Iron Chef with RR? She paired up with Mario to take on
> that italian chick with the giant head and BBQ Bobby. She did OK, better
> than big head who is actualy a chef.- Hide quoted text -

RR spent an awful lot of time stirring something in a pot. I was
wondering if it was Mario's way of keeping her out of the way. Was
she 'acting sous-chef' for Mario at that time? I give RR an A for
effort, and she was a little humble in that show among the big 3. She
came off OK IMO, too.

Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter wrote:
> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> 6.121...
>> Pennyaline >
>> :

>>> And the Iron Chef America home game.

>> Okay, okay, okay... I just got a mental image of Sandra Lee in competition
>> with Rachel Ray on Iron Chef America. Bwaaaahaaahaa... I can see the
>> camera focusing on SL's failed attempt to open a can of condensed soup
>> while RR has talked her sous chef to death while missing the time limit.
>>
>> SL would take home Kraft Macaroni and Cheese boxed Dinner. RR would take
>> home a 30 minute kitchen timer to tell her when her time is up.
>>
>> Michael

> Did you see the Iron Chef with RR? She paired up with Mario to take on
> that italian chick with the giant head and BBQ Bobby. She did OK, better
> than big head who is actualy a chef.

I'm not a fan of RR, but she worked her ASS off on that one while her
partner schmoozed the judges.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 12:48 pm, Blair P. Houghton > wrote:
> Christopher Helms > wrote:
> >On Mar 10, 6:17 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> >> I understand it's a lot of TV theatrics but at the beginning of the show
> >> where they introduce the Iron Chefs and the guest chef chooses the Iron Chef
> >> to compete against, I have to laugh and wonder, do the other Iron Chefs go
> >> home with parting gifts???

> >Yeah. They all get a supply of Rice-O-Roni, "The San Francisco Treat."

> Bobby Flay couldn't make it properly.
>
> --Blair

That's because Ancho Chilis just don't work with that stuff. On a much
happier note, he's really enjoying the Turtle Wax.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Pennyaline >
> :
>
>> Christopher Helms wrote:

>>> Yeah. They all get a supply of Rice-O-Roni, "The San Francisco
>>> Treat."

>> And the Iron Chef America home game.

> Okay, okay, okay... I just got a mental image of Sandra Lee in competition
> with Rachel Ray on Iron Chef America. Bwaaaahaaahaa... I can see the
> camera focusing on SL's failed attempt to open a can of condensed soup
> while RR has talked her sous chef to death while missing the time limit.
>
> SL would take home Kraft Macaroni and Cheese boxed Dinner. RR would take
> home a 30 minute kitchen timer to tell her when her time is up.

She wouldn't have to open a can of soup -- just rip open a packet of
something sodium, you silly billy, and dump it all in or on or whatever
is required!

RR's sous chef will have defected to SL's camp long before the midpoint,
and can be found gratefully stirring vanilla extract into a bucket of
elastic dessert topping. SL's old MV sous chef will be found crouched
behind the judges, crying his eyes out. Alton Brown will be daydreaming
of reviewing the tape of this travesty later and whomping it into a Good
Eats episode. The Japanese Iron Chef will be fulfilling a years-long
dream of having Bobby Flay's head on his spear. RR will take home an egg
timer to remind her of how long it takes her to lose her appeal. And the
producers will decide that the blue Mac and Cheese prize for SL presents
too much potential for future liability litigation and will award her
"It's edible!" Play-Doh instead.

<Meanwhile, work on "Food TV: The Musical!" goes on>