Kaimana Rocker

Default Grills are the best

If you are going to cook food any way it has to be over and open fire
it has the best flavors. Growing up in Hawaii we always have good
weather so it is no problem to start up the grill and get a good feast
going. I belive if you use kieawe charchool has some of the best
flavor i have ever tassted. It is also a wood that burns very hot so
food will cook quickly but properly. When i say grill i'm not talking
about gas. GAs is horrible it gives off a flavor that i do not like
and does not give the flavor wood or charchol would give you. If you
agree get back to me
travis

On 7 Oct 2003 19:04:33 -0700, (Kaimana Rocker)
shared the following:

>If you are going to cook food any way it has to be over and open fire
>it has the best flavors. Growing up in Hawaii we always have good
>weather so it is no problem to start up the grill and get a good feast
>going. I belive if you use kieawe charchool has some of the best
>flavor i have ever tassted. It is also a wood that burns very hot so
>food will cook quickly but properly. When i say grill i'm not talking
>about gas. GAs is horrible it gives off a flavor that i do not like
>and does not give the flavor wood or charchol would give you. If you
>agree get back to me

I agree. I finally figured out the best of both worlds. I work on
cars for my hobby. I have a propane torch (originally bought with
automotive purposes in mind) that will put out so much heat that one
day I was in the garage using the torch and my wife was out at the
mailbox at the end of the driveway about 40-50 feet away (middle of
summer, about 85 degrees F outside) and she could feel the heat from
the torch when I hit the "turbo" button thingie on the propane torch.
I love to cook out and I have a charcoal grill and a propane grill.
My preference is the charcoal grill. I use the propane torch to get
the coals *perfect* in about 2 minutes time. No lighter fluid,
nothing like that. Just put the charcoal on the grill, point the
propane torch at it, pull the trigger, light the match.....
SSSSSSSHHHHHTTTT!!!!!!!!!! for a couple of minutes... Ready to cook.
Coals perfect, nice smokey flavor to it all. I also have a
wood/coal-burning pig roaster that I light up the same way initially.
Propane just can't compete with the wood/charcoal flavor in my
opinion. Check it out: (I'm the one with the tattoos and the
hat...yeah, the fat guy. :-) HAVE FUN WHILE YOU'RE ALIVE!!!
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/pig.html
OH YEAH!!! :-D

--
Travis
FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

:wq!

Gas Grills [email protected] General Cooking 13 31-05-2007 02:27 AM
Gas Grills. mike Barbecue 1 14-01-2006 12:20 PM
Gas Grills [email protected] General Cooking 7 09-01-2005 07:12 PM
Infrared BBQ Grills vs traditional grills Bill Schulz Cooking Equipment 5 10-11-2003 06:02 PM
Infrared BBQ Grills vs traditional grills Bill Schulz Barbecue 3 08-11-2003 09:25 PM