Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cauliflower soup

I made a pot of cauliflower soup yesterday. It should last me a week.

I don't have a real recipe, mostly just a list of ingredients.

Dice potatoes and onions. Add a Tbs or so of flour, stir, and brown
slightly in a bit of oil in your soup pot. Add a can or two of diced or
stewed tomatoes and some minced garlic. Add water. Bring to a boil. Add
bite-sized pieces of cauliflower. Season to taste. Simmer for an hour or
two - until cauliflower is done to your liking. Add water as necessary.

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I've made potato/cauliflower soup before with everything but
> the tomatoes, and basically used a thinnish white sauce for
> the soup part. Some coarsely ground black pepper, too. . .

Made some yesterday...
Whizzed the potatoes and cauli stems in my $24.95 kitchen machine with some
evap milk, cream cheese and sour cream, cooked the florets in the remaining
chicken broth, added a tiny bit of parmesan and cheddar....

Hey, with some homemade bread, even the lil ones devoured it....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 7:36�pm, Alan wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:34:17 GMT, Ken Knecht
>
> > wrote:
> >I made a pot of cauliflower soup yesterday. It should last me a week.

> >I don't have a real recipe, mostly just a list of ingredients.

> >Dice potatoes and onions. Add a Tbs or so of flour, stir, and brown
> >slightly in a bit of oil in your soup pot. Add a can or two of diced or
> >stewed tomatoes and some minced garlic. Add water. Bring to a boil. Add
> >bite-sized pieces of cauliflower. Season to taste. Simmer for an hour or
> >two - until cauliflower is done to your liking. Add water as necessary.

> For some reason, I have an aversion to putting tomatoes in
> such dishes.
>
> I've made potato/cauliflower soup before with everything but
> the tomatoes, and basically used a thinnish white sauce for
> the soup part. *Some coarsely ground black pepper, too. . .

Agreed, tomatoes with cauliflower is "taste-in-ass".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alan wrote in
:

> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:25:22 GMT, Ken Knecht
> > wrote:
>
>>Alan
wrote in
m:

>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:34:17 GMT, Ken Knecht

>>> For some reason, I have an aversion to putting tomatoes in
>>> such dishes.
>>>
>>> I've made potato/cauliflower soup before with everything but
>>> the tomatoes, and basically used a thinnish white sauce for
>>> the soup part. Some coarsely ground black pepper, too. . .
>>>
>>> Alan Moorman
>>>

>>It's a family recipe and wouldn't taste right to me without the
>>tomatoes.

> Oh, I understand that!
>
> My mom seldom made things that had tomatoes in them, except
> for that hamburger-noodle casserole thing. I think the only
> time we ever had spaghetti was when we were little kids, and
> then it was Chef Boyardi!
>
> About once a year she made Dad's favorite dish -- stewed
> tomatoes. We kids hated that, and were glad that it always
> gave Dad a huge headache, so we didn't have to put up with
> that dish more than once or twice a year!
>
> Alan Moorman

With me as a kid it was canned Franco-American spaghetti for many a
lunch. I loved it. Mom also made regular Italian spaghetti for the main
meal once in a while.

Ken

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Cauliflower Soup Karen[_3_] General Cooking 0 11-06-2007 05:30 AM
Cauliflower soup biig General Cooking 7 28-01-2007 01:59 PM
Southwestern Cauliflower and Ham Soup [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2006 11:49 PM
Cauliflower Soup Tess General Cooking 4 19-02-2005 09:20 AM
Cauliflower soup report Rubystars Vegan 8 28-03-2004 08:51 PM