Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easy Bake Oven Recall

I could make a joke, but for those that have small children this is
not a joke. Check out the recall.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07096.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"itsjoannotjoann" wrote:

> Check out the recall.
>
> http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07096.html

Make sure to let Sqwertz know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 7:16�pm, "itsjoannotjoann" >
wrote:
> I could make a joke, but for those that have small children this is
> not a joke. *Check out the recall.
>
> http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07096.html

Lots of products can become dangerous if people don't use common sense
when using them. The parents should just tell their kids not to stick
their fingers where they don't belong. Besides, Easy Bake ovens are a
lot whimpier today than they used to be. The original ones used two
100 watt light bulbs. You only had to be burned once to know not
touch certain parts of the oven. I think the ones today use a single
60 watt light bulb.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 6:16 pm, "itsjoannotjoann" >
wrote:
> I could make a joke, but for those that have small children this is
> not a joke. Check out the recall.
>
> http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07096.html

I can see why this would be a topic of discussion in here, considering
that most of the *gourmands* that post here do the bulk of their
cooking in an Easy Bake Oven.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abe said...

>>I could make a joke, but for those that have small children this is
>>not a joke. Check out the recall.
>>
>>http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07096.html

> Geez, what will I cook in now?

LOL!!!

I just have to wonder, were kids smarter 40 years ago or was the recall 40
years too late? Or both?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I just have to wonder, were kids smarter 40 years ago or was the recall 40
> years too late? Or both?
>
> Andy

40 years ago people would teach their kids not to stick their fingers into
something that is hot.

Tori

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> > Geez, what will I cook in now?

> LOL!!!
>
> I just have to wonder, were kids smarter 40 years ago or was the recall 40
> years too late? Or both?

We learned valuable life lessons. You touch something hot, you get burned.
You get mommy to kiss it better and but a Band-Aid on it. Nowadays people
buy all sorts of toys to give their little angels a world's worth of
stimulation, but hazard free.

A kid gets a little burn from an Easy Bake oven?? Big frigging deal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> I just have to wonder, were kids smarter 40 years ago or was
> the recall 40 years too late? Or both?

Lawyers are sharper today than 40 years ago.
And juries are softer. That's why the prizes
in Cracker Jack are always stickers or something
these days. No more plastic toys.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:

> Lawyers are sharper today than 40 years ago.
> And juries are softer. That's why the prizes
> in Cracker Jack are always stickers or something
> these days. No more plastic toys.

Damn. Those plastic toys were the best reason to get cracker jacks. There
was probably more dental damage from hard bits of candy and corn than from
the toys.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tori M" wrote:

> 40 years ago people would teach their kids not to stick their fingers into
> something that is hot.

There's your problem. heheheheheh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 11:20�am, Dave Smith > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>
> > > Geez, what will I cook in now?

> > LOL!!!

> > I just have to wonder, were kids smarter 40 years ago or was the recall 40
> > years too late? Or both?

> We learned valuable life lessons. You touch something hot, you get burned.
> You get mommy to kiss it better and but a Band-Aid on it. *Nowadays people
> buy all sorts of toys to give their little angels a world's worth of
> stimulation, but hazard free.
>
> A kid gets a little burn from an Easy Bake oven?? Big frigging deal.

Add that to the fact that some people want to do away with keeping
score in grade school sports and allowing every child to pass to the
next grade because a child's self esteem might be damaged if they're
held back and you end up with a nation of pansies. Along with the
lawyers, they need to get rid of social workers, and child
psychologists.