Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Wed nite.... with heatwave.

Was going to be something chickeny as per the SO's request.

Ended up taking out some mince.

Wanted red meat, but not steak.

Mixed up a batch of rissoles, cooked medium rare.

Deglazed the pan with some Worcestershire sauce, a couple of crushed garlic
cloves, some snipped Itie Parsley...... a knob of butter...... and some
sour light cream to finish.

So we had Rissoles Dianne with crispy green leaf salad....... and a nice
Shiraz while we watched the cooking shows on the ABC :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 10:06 am, PeterL > wrote:
> Was going to be something chickeny as per the SO's request.
>
> Ended up taking out some mince.
>
> Wanted red meat, but not steak.
>
> Mixed up a batch of rissoles, cooked medium rare.
>
> Deglazed the pan with some Worcestershire sauce, a couple of crushed garlic
> cloves, some snipped Itie Parsley...... a knob of butter...... and some
> sour light cream to finish.
>
> So we had Rissoles Dianne with crispy green leaf salad....... and a nice
> Shiraz while we watched the cooking shows on the ABC :-)

Sounds nice. We're having a cold wave here. Tonight
it'll be -12 C; by Sunday they're predicting -18 C.

I've been roasting a lot, mostly veggies. Maybe I'll do
a soup this weekend. Tonight, however, it's leftover
chicken (skinless, boneless breasts sauteed in olive oil)
probably with leftover roasted potatoes, onions, carrots and
green beans. I think there's one more slice of pumpkin
bread for dessert.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in
ups.com:

> On Jan 31, 10:06 am, PeterL > wrote:
>> Was going to be something chickeny as per the SO's request.
>>
>> Ended up taking out some mince.
>>
>> Wanted red meat, but not steak.
>>
>> Mixed up a batch of rissoles, cooked medium rare.
>>
>> Deglazed the pan with some Worcestershire sauce, a couple of crushed
>> garlic cloves, some snipped Itie Parsley...... a knob of butter......
>> and some sour light cream to finish.
>>
>> So we had Rissoles Dianne with crispy green leaf salad....... and a
>> nice Shiraz while we watched the cooking shows on the ABC :-)

> Sounds nice. We're having a cold wave here. Tonight
> it'll be -12 C; by Sunday they're predicting -18 C.

Lucky bugger :-(

> I've been roasting a lot, mostly veggies. Maybe I'll do
> a soup this weekend. Tonight, however, it's leftover
> chicken (skinless, boneless breasts sauteed in olive oil)
> probably with leftover roasted potatoes, onions, carrots and
> green beans. I think there's one more slice of pumpkin
> bread for dessert.

If you've got some spare chicken boobs........

double over a piece of foil (large enough to cover 1 chook boob), smear
some OO on the foil, place some sliced lemon on the oiled foil, rub the
breast with a little oil and some garlic/chilli seasonings and place on
the lemon slices. You can ram a bit of garlic butter in the fold in the
breast if you want. Place a slice or 3 of lemon on top of the chook,
wrap it all up in the foil, folding the edges over for ease of opening.

I cook it in the Weber, but you can do it in the oven. 180-200C for 15-
20mins (depending on the size of your boobs..... the chicken boobs, that
is!!)..... open the foil and be careful not to spill the juices, and put
back in the oven/Weber for another 5mins to brown. It's at this time I
add some wood chips to the Weber for that smoky taste/colouring.

Carefully take out of oven/Weber, place chicken on a plate and pour over
the juices.

Noice!!!

It's all a bit ad hoc....... you add as much as you want, or as little
as you want according to taste. I like more chilli and garlic butter,
the SO likes more lemon.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 7:05 pm, PeterL > wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote roups.com:
>

> > On Jan 31, 10:06 am, PeterL > wrote:
> >> Was going to be something chickeny as per the SO's request.

> >> Ended up taking out some mince.

> >> Wanted red meat, but not steak.

> >> Mixed up a batch of rissoles, cooked medium rare.

> >> Deglazed the pan with some Worcestershire sauce, a couple of crushed
> >> garlic cloves, some snipped Itie Parsley...... a knob of butter......
> >> and some sour light cream to finish.

> >> So we had Rissoles Dianne with crispy green leaf salad....... and a
> >> nice Shiraz while we watched the cooking shows on the ABC :-)

> > Sounds nice. We're having a cold wave here. Tonight
> > it'll be -12 C; by Sunday they're predicting -18 C.

> Lucky bugger :-(
>

> > I've been roasting a lot, mostly veggies. Maybe I'll do
> > a soup this weekend. Tonight, however, it's leftover
> > chicken (skinless, boneless breasts sauteed in olive oil)
> > probably with leftover roasted potatoes, onions, carrots and
> > green beans. I think there's one more slice of pumpkin
> > bread for dessert.

> If you've got some spare chicken boobs........
>
> double over a piece of foil (large enough to cover 1 chook boob), smear
> some OO on the foil, place some sliced lemon on the oiled foil, rub the
> breast with a little oil and some garlic/chilli seasonings and place on
> the lemon slices. You can ram a bit of garlic butter in the fold in the
> breast if you want. Place a slice or 3 of lemon on top of the chook,
> wrap it all up in the foil, folding the edges over for ease of opening.
>
> I cook it in the Weber, but you can do it in the oven. 180-200C for 15-
> 20mins (depending on the size of your boobs..... the chicken boobs, that
> is!!)..... open the foil and be careful not to spill the juices, and put
> back in the oven/Weber for another 5mins to brown. It's at this time I
> add some wood chips to the Weber for that smoky taste/colouring.
>
> Carefully take out of oven/Weber, place chicken on a plate and pour over
> the juices.
>
> Noice!!!
>
> It's all a bit ad hoc....... you add as much as you want, or as little
> as you want according to taste. I like more chilli and garlic butter,
> the SO likes more lemon.

Thanks. I think the husband will like it, and he'll like more chili
and garlic butter vs. lemon.

Cindy Hamilton