Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Online source for pepperoni?

What is a good online source to get pizza-sized bulk pepperoni?
I can slice it myself, so it can be sticks and thus hopefully cheaper.

I can't find it around here in Ft Worth, at least not regularly. Neither
Albertsons nor Kroger has it. I haven't looked at Tom Thumb, Central
Market or the like. Their prices aren't reasonable for much of anything.
Besides, probably find better quality and lower prices on the net
anyway.

TIA!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:15:14 -0600, Pringles CheezUms wrote:
>
>> What is a good online source to get pizza-sized bulk pepperoni?
>> I can slice it myself, so it can be sticks and thus hopefully
>> cheaper.
>>
>> I can't find it around here in Ft Worth, at least not regularly.
>> Neither Albertsons nor Kroger has it. I haven't looked at Tom Thumb,
>> Central Market or the like. Their prices aren't reasonable for much
>> of anything. Besides, probably find better quality and lower prices
>> on the net anyway.

> Central Market has reasonably priced pepperoni in the deli
> section. They also carry the mass-market, pre-sliced Swift and
> Hormel stuff. It'll be cheaper and more convenient than ordering
> online.

I've noticed the same thing at our local Safeway: big bulk bags of sliced
pepperoni. I know Costco also has huge bags of the stuff.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com