Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Talk about efficient use of newsgroup content

So tonight I was putting together my midnight snack, and realized it
pulled together two rfc threads. Bonus!

Pics at http://pics.livejournal.com/sereneco...llery/0001zhfs

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> So tonight I was putting together my midnight snack, and realized it
> pulled together two rfc threads. Bonus!
>
> Pics at http://pics.livejournal.com/sereneco...llery/0001zhfs

The bread (and sandwich) looks great serene. But... I thought you were
vegan? Do vegans eat tuna fish?
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy - just curious
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:34:00 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>Serene wrote:
>> So tonight I was putting together my midnight snack, and realized it
>> pulled together two rfc threads. Bonus!
>>
>> Pics at http://pics.livejournal.com/sereneco...llery/0001zhfs

>The bread (and sandwich) looks great serene. But... I thought you were
>vegan? Do vegans eat tuna fish?

I'm not vegan. I often go for days/weeks/months eating vegan stuff (I
was vegetarian for 20 years, two of that vegan), but I eat what I
want. Nine times out of ten, what I want is veg stuff, but sometimes
not.

(The day after Thanksgiving last year, I stopped eating all animal
products to see if it would take care of a heart problem I was having.
It seemed to for a while, then the heart problem came back. Turns out
it was mitral valve prolapse due to stress, or at least that's the
tentative guess of my doc, and we'll do tests later on, but it wasn't
food-related, as far as I can tell, so I released myself from the
let's-see-if-going-vegan-will-fix-this experiment.)

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:34:00 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> > wrote:

>> The bread (and sandwich) looks great serene. But... I thought you were
>> vegan? Do vegans eat tuna fish?

> I'm not vegan. I often go for days/weeks/months eating vegan stuff (I
> was vegetarian for 20 years, two of that vegan), but I eat what I
> want. Nine times out of ten, what I want is veg stuff, but sometimes
> not.

Oh, now I get it. Thanks.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote in message
> So tonight I was putting together my midnight snack, and realized it
> pulled together two rfc threads. Bonus!
>
> Pics at http://pics.livejournal.com/sereneco...llery/0001zhfs
>
> Serene
> --

That's the no-knead bread? Great use of subjects, BTW. You've got me
smiling. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 07:31:40 -0500, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>"Serene" > wrote in message
.. .
>> So tonight I was putting together my midnight snack, and realized it
>> pulled together two rfc threads. Bonus!
>>
>> Pics at http://pics.livejournal.com/sereneco...llery/0001zhfs

>That's the no-knead bread?

Nope, this is a loaf of white bread (I did a lot of baking yesterday).
I think I posted the "Universal ABM" recipe here at some point, and
instead of adding 1/2 cup of some grain (cornmeal, oats, whatever),
this time, I added more flour, and used butter instead of margarine.
Oh, my god, such good bread.

> Great use of subjects, BTW. You've got me
>smiling. :~)

:-)

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:41:24 -0800, Serene >
wrote:

>(The day after Thanksgiving last year, I stopped eating all animal
>products to see if it would take care of a heart problem I was having.
>It seemed to for a while, then the heart problem came back. Turns out
>it was mitral valve prolapse due to stress, or at least that's the
>tentative guess of my doc, and we'll do tests later on, but it wasn't
>food-related, as far as I can tell, so I released myself from the
>let's-see-if-going-vegan-will-fix-this experiment.)

Sorry to hear about the heart problem, glad to hear it wasn't just a
figment of my imagination that you were off the vegan diet.

--
See return address to reply by email

Alcohol Content Tom Kunich Winemaking 6 19-09-2011 07:28 PM
Man, am I an efficient cook or what Tutall Barbecue 6 10-11-2009 09:34 PM
Looking for content [email protected] General Cooking 1 13-10-2006 10:56 PM
Fun tea day (Pu-erh content) Blues Lyne Tea 13 13-03-2006 10:13 AM
Alcohol content Frances Winemaking 8 22-04-2005 04:35 PM