Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I need something made with chocolate

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:21:06 -0600, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>I've got a 7lb bag of Nestle semi-sweet morsels, 2 eggs,
>condensed milk, peanuts, and all the normal baking supplies
>(flour, sugar, butter, baking soda, brown sugar, etc..) Plus a
>can of cherry pie filling (which might even still be OK). No
>regular milk or cocoa, though.
>
>Sure - I could make chocolate chip cookies, but I'm out of milk
>to wash them down.
>
>While I'm making toffee, y'all can think up something, right?
>
>-sw

Take 2 cups (12 oz of bits) and place in a large microwaveable bowl
with 1 tbsp water and 1/4 cup Karo syrup.

Zap at 30 second intervals, stirring until everything in combined and
melted.

Stir in 4 cups of any combination of the following, being sure to coat
fully - you may need larger amounts of the smaller things such as:

Dry cereal such as Rice Chex
Nuts
Raisins
Other dried fruit
Just about anything you can think of you'd like to eat coated in
chocolate.

Drop by spoonfuls onto foil covered cookie sheets. Let cool in fridge
until solidified. Stores best in the fridge, but the chocolate may
loose its shine.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:34:12 -0500, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> Take 2 cups (12 oz of bits) and place in a large microwaveable bowl
>> with 1 tbsp water and 1/4 cup Karo syrup.
>>
>> Zap at 30 second intervals, stirring until everything in combined and
>> melted.
>>
>> Stir in 4 cups of any combination of the following, being sure to coat
>> fully - you may need larger amounts of the smaller things such as:
>>
>> Dry cereal such as Rice Chex
>> Nuts
>> Raisins
>> Other dried fruit
>> Just about anything you can think of you'd like to eat coated in
>> chocolate.
>>
>> Drop by spoonfuls onto foil covered cookie sheets. Let cool in fridge
>> until solidified. Stores best in the fridge, but the chocolate may
>> loose its shine.

> This I can do easily and use up my peanuts.
>
> Now I'm ****ed because this is the second batch in a row of
> english toffee that didn't turn out. I don't what the probelm
> is, but it looked like it was working fine, but when cooled it
> just turnbed to pudding. Chcocolate covered butter and sugar
> pudding.
>
> I've made this stuff at last 2 dozen times without any problems,
> and now everything just turns to shit. I'm ****ed. I wasted a
> pound of butter .5lbs chocllate, and .5 hours on this crap.
>
> -sw

Can you serve it on ice cream?

--
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific
one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.