Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oh, Pandora, I found the NYT video link, finally!

http://video.on.nytimes.com/ifr_main...59.06320996064

(or http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 )

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene > wrote in
:

> http://video.on.nytimes.com/ifr_main...0fdc5ff116:4f4
> &fr_story=35eac03d90314ffed6a0c0ae143ab87b1474fb89 &st=1167637797240&mp=
> FLV&cpf=false&fvn=8&fr=010107_024949_28ed9693x10fd c5ff116x4f5&rdm=37375
> 9.06320996064
>
> (or http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 )
>
> Serene

Cool site, thanks for that.

I like the 4 star soup kitchen :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene > wrote in
:

> http://video.on.nytimes.com/ifr_main...0fdc5ff116:4f4
> &fr_story=35eac03d90314ffed6a0c0ae143ab87b1474fb89 &st=1167637797240&mp=
> FLV&cpf=false&fvn=8&fr=010107_024949_28ed9693x10fd c5ff116x4f5&rdm=37375
> 9.06320996064
>
> (or http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 )
>
> Serene

*HOLY CRAP*!!!

Did you watch the "Olives at El Bulli"???

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 23:53:07 -0800, Serene >
wrote:

>http://video.on.nytimes.com/ifr_main...59.06320996064
>
>(or http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 )

Wow! That's even easier than I thought.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Why the subject of this thread is "Oh Pandora..."?
I don't understand.
cheers
Pandora
----------------------------
"PeterL" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Serene > wrote in
> :
>
>> http://video.on.nytimes.com/ifr_main...0fdc5ff116:4f4
>> &fr_story=35eac03d90314ffed6a0c0ae143ab87b1474fb89 &st=1167637797240&mp=
>> FLV&cpf=false&fvn=8&fr=010107_024949_28ed9693x10fd c5ff116x4f5&rdm=37375
>> 9.06320996064
>>
>> (or http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 )
>>
>> Serene

> Cool site, thanks for that.
>

> I like the 4 star soup kitchen :-)
>

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> 'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'
>
> http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 06:55:58 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>Why the subject of this thread is "Oh Pandora..."?
>I don't understand.

Because you asked me for the link to the video for making that NYT
bread, the one that was too "liquid" for you to handle it.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" > wrote in :

> Why the subject of this thread is "Oh Pandora..."?
> I don't understand.

Serene was making a comment like "Oh, Pandora, I finally found that link
for you!!"

It grabbed your attention, didn't it :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 06:55:58 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>Why the subject of this thread is "Oh Pandora..."?
>>I don't understand.

> Because you asked me for the link to the video for making that NYT
> bread, the one that was too "liquid" for you to handle it.
>
> Serene

But I hadn't seen it. Where is? I have seen all videos but not the one with
bread
BTW
Thank you.

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

> But I hadn't seen it. Where is? I have seen all videos but not the one with
> bread

Did you click on http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 ? When I click that
link, I get the bread video. What do you get?

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Pandora wrote:
>
>> But I hadn't seen it. Where is? I have seen all videos but not the one with
>> bread

> Did you click on
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 ? When I click that
> link, I get the bread video. What do you get?
>
> Serene

Just a note that might be of use to some; I cannot get the video to play
in Firefox, only in Internet Explorer, and haven't been able to
determine the problem. I wrote to the New York Times about this a while
back and the determination was that there was some kind of incompatibility:

> ShockWave Flash version: Flash Version not compatible
> WMP Detected: WMP not detected
> WMP Version: unable to detect wmp version / lower version
> Media Player Used: null

The versions of of the ShockWave and Flash players I have are the latest
as far as I know (downloaded and installed today, for instance), so I
gave up trying to use Firefox in this case, and use IE for viewing
videos at the NYT site.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

flitterbit wrote:
> wrote:
> > Pandora wrote:
> >
> >> But I hadn't seen it. Where is? I have seen all videos but not the one with
> >> bread

> > Did you click on
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 ? When I click that
> > link, I get the bread video. What do you get?
> >
> > Serene
> >

> Just a note that might be of use to some; I cannot get the video to play
> in Firefox, only in Internet Explorer, and haven't been able to
> determine the problem.

It was fine for me at home (on Firefox) and at work (on Safari).

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Did you click on
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 ? When I click that
>>> link, I get the bread video. What do you get?
>>>
>>> Serene
>>>

>> Just a note that might be of use to some; I cannot get the video to play
>> in Firefox, only in Internet Explorer, and haven't been able to
>> determine the problem.

> It was fine for me at home (on Firefox) and at work (on Safari).
>
> Serene

Strange, hmmm? That's the only site I've had any problem viewing things
with Firefox; glad it worked for you, though!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

flitterbit > wrote in
:

> wrote:
>> Pandora wrote:
>>
>>> But I hadn't seen it. Where is? I have seen all videos but not the
>>> one with bread

>> Did you click on
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 ? When I click
>> that link, I get the bread video. What do you get?
>>
>> Serene
>>

> Just a note that might be of use to some; I cannot get the video to
> play in Firefox, only in Internet Explorer, and haven't been able to
> determine the problem. I wrote to the New York Times about this a
> while back and the determination was that there was some kind of
> incompatibility:
>
>> ShockWave Flash version: Flash Version not compatible
>> WMP Detected: WMP not detected
>> WMP Version: unable to detect wmp version / lower version
>> Media Player Used: null

> The versions of of the ShockWave and Flash players I have are the
> latest as far as I know (downloaded and installed today, for
> instance), so I gave up trying to use Firefox in this case, and use IE
> for viewing videos at the NYT site.

There's something wrong with your settings then, because I *only* use
Firefox.

Works fine for me.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in
oups.com:

> Pandora wrote:
>
>> But I hadn't seen it. Where is? I have seen all videos but not the
>> one with bread

> Did you click on
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 ? When I click
> that link, I get the bread video. What do you get?

Or, use this link........ it takes you straight to the page without going
thru a preview.........

http://tinyurl.com/y92na7

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://tinyurl.com/y92na7

> BTW
> Thank you.

No sweat :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!! Now I see it. Thank you. Now I understand why it
didn't work for me! The first dough was very hard, not liquid, as somebody
said...
Thank you. Now I will try again. I will study much more this video. Another
thing: it seems to me that pots were not hot. Am I wrong?
Cheers
Pandora
---------------------------------------
"flitterbit" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Pandora wrote:
>>
>>> But I hadn't seen it. Where is? I have seen all videos but not the one
>>> with
>>> bread

>> Did you click on
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzx494 ? When I click that
>> link, I get the bread video. What do you get?
>>
>> Serene
>>

> Just a note that might be of use to some; I cannot get the video to play
> in Firefox, only in Internet Explorer, and haven't been able to determine
> the problem. I wrote to the New York Times about this a while back and
> the determination was that there was some kind of incompatibility:
>
>> ShockWave Flash version: Flash Version not compatible
>> WMP Detected: WMP not detected
>> WMP Version: unable to detect wmp version / lower version
>> Media Player Used: null

> The versions of of the ShockWave and Flash players I have are the latest
> as far as I know (downloaded and installed today, for instance), so I gave
> up trying to use Firefox in this case, and use IE for viewing videos at
> the NYT site.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!! Now I see it. Thank you. Now I understand why it
> didn't work for me! The first dough was very hard, not liquid, as somebody
> said...
> Thank you. Now I will try again. I will study much more this video. Another
> thing: it seems to me that pots were not hot. Am I wrong?

Yeah, you're wrong. They're not just hot -- they're VERY hot. :-) Heat
them for at least 30 minutes in the oven before tossing in the dough.
It's the heat hitting the wet dough that creates the steam that makes
the crust so good.

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> ha scritto nel messaggio
ps.com...

> Pandora wrote:
>> YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!! Now I see it. Thank you. Now I understand why it
>> didn't work for me! The first dough was very hard, not liquid, as
>> somebody
>> said...
>> Thank you. Now I will try again. I will study much more this video.
>> Another
>> thing: it seems to me that pots were not hot. Am I wrong?

> Yeah, you're wrong. They're not just hot -- they're VERY hot. :-) Heat
> them for at least 30 minutes in the oven before tossing in the dough.
> It's the heat hitting the wet dough that creates the steam that makes
> the crust so good.

I have done this, the first time, and It was oK! My bread was only without
big holes

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" > wrote in :

> > ha scritto nel messaggio
> ps.com...
>>
>> Pandora wrote:
>>> YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!! Now I see it. Thank you. Now I understand why
>>> it didn't work for me! The first dough was very hard, not liquid, as
>>> somebody
>>> said...
>>> Thank you. Now I will try again. I will study much more this video.
>>> Another
>>> thing: it seems to me that pots were not hot. Am I wrong?

>> Yeah, you're wrong. They're not just hot -- they're VERY hot. :-)
>> Heat them for at least 30 minutes in the oven before tossing in the
>> dough. It's the heat hitting the wet dough that creates the steam
>> that makes the crust so good.

> I have done this, the first time, and It was oK! My bread was only
> without big holes

Pandora.......... bread with big holes.......... go for a brisk walk
afterwards for 20mins.

Bread with small holes......... just have sex...... a *lot* :-)

(And tell your boyfriend to send me the money ASAP!!!!)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:43:01 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

> ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...

>> Pandora wrote:
>>> YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!! Now I see it. Thank you. Now I understand why it
>>> didn't work for me! The first dough was very hard, not liquid, as
>>> somebody
>>> said...
>>> Thank you. Now I will try again. I will study much more this video.
>>> Another
>>> thing: it seems to me that pots were not hot. Am I wrong?

>> Yeah, you're wrong. They're not just hot -- they're VERY hot. :-) Heat
>> them for at least 30 minutes in the oven before tossing in the dough.
>> It's the heat hitting the wet dough that creates the steam that makes
>> the crust so good.

>I have done this, the first time, and It was oK! My bread was only without
>big holes

Hmm. Mine always has big holes. Wonder if our flour is enough
different to make the difference?

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:43:01 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

> ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

>>> Yeah, you're wrong. They're not just hot -- they're VERY hot. :-) Heat
>>> them for at least 30 minutes in the oven before tossing in the dough.
>>> It's the heat hitting the wet dough that creates the steam that makes
>>> the crust so good.

>>I have done this, the first time, and It was oK! My bread was only
>>without
>>big holes

> Hmm. Mine always has big holes. Wonder if our flour is enough
> different to make the difference?

Yes, I also think that

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Pandora" > wrote in :
>

>> > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> ps.com...

>>> Yeah, you're wrong. They're not just hot -- they're VERY hot. :-)
>>> Heat them for at least 30 minutes in the oven before tossing in the
>>> dough. It's the heat hitting the wet dough that creates the steam
>>> that makes the crust so good.

>> I have done this, the first time, and It was oK! My bread was only
>> without big holes
>>

> Pandora.......... bread with big holes.......... go for a brisk walk
> afterwards for 20mins.
>
> Bread with small holes......... just have sex...... a *lot* :-)
>

> (And tell your boyfriend to send me the money ASAP!!!!)

ROTFL! Yes, I will tell him

--
Kisses
Pandora