Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Simple and Simply Delicious

There's a Big Honking Meatloaf in the oven, for my husband's dinner and some
lunches this week.

I'm not a big fan of the best meatloaf, so for me I made elbow macaroni
cooked 7 minutes (al dente) with a goodly amount of well-drained (SQUEEZED
dry) chopped cooked spinach mixed in, salt and fresh ground pepper, a bit of
real butter, and just a little parmesan cheese as a condiment.

It is so good I bet you could get kids to eat spinach this way.

(Yes, I left out the garlic! Very strange for me! But I love the delicate
flavors in this, and garlic would have overpowered it.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:40:50 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>There's a Big Honking Meatloaf in the oven, for my husband's dinner and some
>lunches this week.
>
>I'm not a big fan of the best meatloaf, so for me I made elbow macaroni
>cooked 7 minutes (al dente) with a goodly amount of well-drained (SQUEEZED
>dry) chopped cooked spinach mixed in, salt and fresh ground pepper, a bit of
>real butter, and just a little parmesan cheese as a condiment.

One of my favorite meatloaves is the one from Paul Prudhomme's
Louisiana Kitchen... I found a copy of the recipe online... This
meatloaf has lots of flavor.

http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/ground/cajun.htm

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney said...

> One of my favorite meatloaves is the one from Paul Prudhomme's
> Louisiana Kitchen... I found a copy of the recipe online... This
> meatloaf has lots of flavor.
>
> http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/ground/cajun.htm
>
> Christine

Christine,

Ooh... that sounds great! Almost a "Jambaloaf"

Bookmarked.

Thanks,

Andy