Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight -- back to limited starches chez modom

D brough home some pork chops, a turnip, and some broccoli for me to
cook up tonight.

I just peeled and chunked the turnip and have it roasting in the oven
at 375 with a little salt and olive oil. I'll steam the broccoli in
the microwave later.

The plan for the pig parts is to pack the top sides with some minced
pecans, Texas tarragon*, smoked jalapeno, and Dijon mustard. Then
I'll sear the bottoms in an oiled iron skillet and set whole lot into
the oven to roast.

I'll have to come up with a decent sauce idea for the dinner soon.
I'd like to find something that'll work with the meat and at least one
of the veggies. We shall see.

*Texas tarragon is an herb much like French tarragon, but which is
capable of surviving the heat of a Texas summer. Another name for it
is Mexican mint marigold. I don't know why. It's not minty and
although it sometimes produces flowers, they bear scant resemblance to
any marigold I've seen. I have some growing in my yard, but I rarely
use it.
--

modom

http://www.koyote.com/users/modom/home.html

starches foods riche Diabetic 1 02-10-2014 08:07 AM
Dinner tonight- Chez Shenks cshenk General Cooking 1 23-04-2008 02:21 AM
Shindig chez modom modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 4 26-08-2007 07:21 PM
dinner tonight chez modom modom (palindrome guy) General Cooking 6 29-10-2006 03:10 PM
Starches Richard Miller Vegan 3 16-01-2006 12:18 AM