Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tonight's Harvest Moon!!!

I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait for
it to rise.

Enjoy!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:47:16 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait for
>it to rise.
>
>Enjoy!
>
>Andy

We had it here last night. It looked better before it rose but it was
still a bright and beautiful evening. We raked leaves in it's light
until almost 9 pm. I guess this is Indian summer in the Midwest.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:47:16 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait for
>it to rise.

Harvest Moon by Neil Young -- one of my favorite songs.

I'll go peek at the moon now.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss said...

> On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:47:16 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait
>>for it to rise.
>>
>>Enjoy!
>>
>>Andy

> We had it here last night. It looked better before it rose but it was
> still a bright and beautiful evening. We raked leaves in it's light
> until almost 9 pm. I guess this is Indian summer in the Midwest.
>
> Lou

Lou,

I noticed that! I'll be up early enough tomorrow to see it set. Just as
dramatic!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...
> I noticed that! I'll be up early enough tomorrow to see it set. Just as
> dramatic!
>
> Andy

In the distance, out of focus, through the trees:
http://www.tinypic.com/2v1xgtx.jpg

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait for
> it to rise.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Andy

It's not the Harvest moon. The Harvest moon is in September. October's
moon is the Hunter's moon. November's moon is the Beaver moon.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ms_peacock said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>>I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait
>>for
>> it to rise.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Andy

> It's not the Harvest moon. The Harvest moon is in September.
> October's moon is the Hunter's moon. November's moon is the Beaver
> moon.
>

> Ms P

Thanks. I never knew! I have the Old Farmer's Almanac. I'll pay better
attention next year!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ms_peacock wrote:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait for
>> it to rise.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Andy

> It's not the Harvest moon. The Harvest moon is in September. October's
> moon is the Hunter's moon. November's moon is the Beaver moon.
>

> Ms P

a-ha! I knew there was something off about the Harvest moon. I was positive we
had that last summer.

Hunter's moon, must remember that.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> ms_peacock said...
>

>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>>>I see the most beautiful orange harvest moon out tonight!!! Can't wait
>>>for
>>> it to rise.
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> It's not the Harvest moon. The Harvest moon is in September.
>> October's moon is the Hunter's moon. November's moon is the Beaver
>> moon.
>>

>> Ms P

> Thanks. I never knew! I have the Old Farmer's Almanac. I'll pay better
> attention next year!
>
> Andy

It's something my gramma taught me. She's been gone for almost 20 years and
I still miss her wisdom.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"ms_peacock" > wrote:

> It's not the Harvest moon. The Harvest moon is in September. October's
> moon is the Hunter's moon. November's moon is the Beaver moon.

I believe they're out of sync this year. We're looking at the Hunter's
Moon. Ah Ooooooh!
<http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoons.html>.
I haven't been able to find any consensus on the name of the moons and
wish I could. But this one is generally agreed to be the Hunter's Moon
even though it's in the wrong month. I like Beaver Moon and also the
Hunger Moon for February, but the Farmer's Almanac disagrees.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "ms_peacock" > wrote:
>
>> It's not the Harvest moon. The Harvest moon is in September. October's
>> moon is the Hunter's moon. November's moon is the Beaver moon.

> I believe they're out of sync this year. We're looking at the Hunter's
> Moon. Ah Ooooooh!
> <http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoons.html>.
> I haven't been able to find any consensus on the name of the moons and
> wish I could. But this one is generally agreed to be the Hunter's Moon
> even though it's in the wrong month. I like Beaver Moon and also the
> Hunger Moon for February, but the Farmer's Almanac disagrees.
>
> leo

They seem to have mixed a couple of naming conventions and replaced the Corn
moon in August with the Sturgeon moon and then moved the rest down one
month. The Corn moon in nearly all naming conventions is August, followed
by Harvest, Hunter, Beaver and Cold.

Of course the Farmer's Almanac is the one that perpetuated the mistake of
the 2nd full moon in a month being called the Blue moon.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"ms_peacock" > wrote:

> Of course the Farmer's Almanac is the one that perpetuated the mistake of
> the 2nd full moon in a month being called the Blue moon.

And yet blue moons caused this odd event.
I bow out with the observation that this is an extremely rare occasion;
the Hunter's Moon is what people are observing now, and it's in the
wrong month.
<http://stardate.org/nightsky/lastweek.php>
I apologize. I don't mean to cause conflict.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" >>
>>> It's not the Harvest moon. The Harvest moon is in September. October's
>>> moon is the Hunter's moon. November's moon is the Beaver moon.

>> I believe they're out of sync this year. We're looking at the Hunter's
>> Moon. Ah Ooooooh!
>> <http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoons.html>.
>> I haven't been able to find any consensus on the name of the moons and
>> wish I could. But this one is generally agreed to be the Hunter's Moon
>> even though it's in the wrong month. I like Beaver Moon and also the
>> Hunger Moon for February, but the Farmer's Almanac disagrees.
>>
>> leo

> They seem to have mixed a couple of naming conventions and replaced the
> Corn moon in August with the Sturgeon moon and then moved the rest down
> one month. The Corn moon in nearly all naming conventions is August,
> followed by Harvest, Hunter, Beaver and Cold.
>
> Of course the Farmer's Almanac is the one that perpetuated the mistake of
> the 2nd full moon in a month being called the Blue moon.
>
> Ms P

Full Moons in 2006
January 14th
Full Wolf Moon
4:48 am

February 12th
Full Snow Moon
11:44 pm

March 14th
Full Worm Moon
6:35 pm

April 13th
Full Pink Moon
12:40 pm

May 13th
Full Flower Moon
2:51 am

June 11th
Full Strawberry Moon
2:03 pm

July 10th
Full Buck Moon
11:01 am

August 9th
Full Sturgeon Moon
6:54 am

September 7tht
Full Corn Moon
2:42 pm

October 6th
Full Harvest Moon
11:12 pm

November 5th
Full Hunters Moon
7:58 am

December 4th
Full Cold Moon
7:24 pm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:08:11 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>Andy said...
>> I noticed that! I'll be up early enough tomorrow to see it set. Just as
>> dramatic!
>>
>> Andy

>In the distance, out of focus, through the trees:
>http://www.tinypic.com/2v1xgtx.jpg
>
>Andy

Cool. We're back in the concrete jungle so I couldn't see it last
night until it was up. But I could tell it was still almost a full
moon as the wacky neighbor made is monthly scene by getting drunk and
wandering around his backyard talking to the sky. LOL He was back
out there this morning at 9 am with a beer in his hand. Full moons
are freaky.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss said...

> On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:08:11 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>Andy said...
>>> I noticed that! I'll be up early enough tomorrow to see it set. Just
>>> as dramatic!
>>>
>>> Andy

>>In the distance, out of focus, through the trees:
>>http://www.tinypic.com/2v1xgtx.jpg
>>
>>Andy

> Cool. We're back in the concrete jungle so I couldn't see it last
> night until it was up. But I could tell it was still almost a full
> moon as the wacky neighbor made is monthly scene by getting drunk and
> wandering around his backyard talking to the sky. LOL He was back
> out there this morning at 9 am with a beer in his hand. Full moons
> are freaky.
>
> Lou

Lou,

Heh heh heh! 9 am? Good grief, unless he works the night shift and it's
Miller time!?

I went to the park this morning to vote and to try and catch the moonset
but it was obscured by clouds. I did get a clear shot of it higher in
the sky but it was a typical bright sunlit full moon.

All the best,

Andy

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:27:49 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>Lou,
>
>Heh heh heh! 9 am? Good grief, unless he works the night shift and it's
>Miller time!?

He was up all night doing drugs. He doesn't work as he's a "kept"
man. But he does drink Miller. lol I think he finally ran out of
steam or whatever he was doing because it's finally quiet. GURRR

OB food: Usually during the summer when he goes on a binge I've
learned that if I hand a plate of food over the fence he goes into a
food coma and things are quiet until the next full moon. lol It's
going to get cold and we won't see him till spring. Hopefully we'll
be gone by then.

Lou

Full Moon Tonight Brooklyn1 General Cooking 3 31-07-2015 07:41 AM
35 degrees tonight-frost likely... When should I harvest the rest of my tomatoes? Somebody General Cooking 24 12-10-2012 10:18 PM
the moon Somebody General Cooking 2 05-10-2012 05:02 AM
Big moon cybercat General Cooking 34 02-02-2010 12:32 AM