Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Big moon

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> Last night I was trying to take a pic of the big full moon. I was
> smoking a cig at the time and this is what I got off my camera.
>
> http://i48.tinypic.com/2na8nqt.jpg
>
> Tonight is supposed to be bigger, but we're about to get a snow storm
> so the sky is overcast. This moon is also called the Wolf Moon.

Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 2:36*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> > Last night I was trying to take a pic of the big full moon. *I was
> > smoking a cig at the time and this is what I got off my camera.

> >http://i48.tinypic.com/2na8nqt.jpg

> > Tonight is supposed to be bigger, but we're about to get a snow storm
> > so the sky is overcast. *This moon is also called the Wolf Moon.

> Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
on the bus before we got on. I couldn't believe it. My son saw her
"throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
obvious that someone had just been smoking. I called the transit
company. When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. Why would anybody be
stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <145ed483-67cb-4088-9668-
>, says...
>
> On Jan 30, 2:36*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> > > Last night I was trying to take a pic of the big full moon. *I was
> > > smoking a cig at the time and this is what I got off my camera.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2na8nqt.jpg

> > > Tonight is supposed to be bigger, but we're about to get a snow storm
> > > so the sky is overcast. *This moon is also called the Wolf Moon.

> > Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

> Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
> on the bus before we got on. I couldn't believe it. My son saw her
> "throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
> obvious that someone had just been smoking. I called the transit
> company. When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
> not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. Why would anybody be
> stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?
>
> --Bryan

Was anybody on the bus when she was smoking? If not I have to say it's
pretty intolerant to rat her out and threaten here livelihood and family
income over it. Have you never used a cell phone while driving, or Jay
Walked? Did somebody rat you out??

Sorry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 9:29*am, I am Tosk > wrote:
> In article <145ed483-67cb-4088-9668-
> >, says...

> > > Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

> > Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
> > on the bus before we got on. *I couldn't believe it. *My son saw her
> > "throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
> > obvious that someone had just been smoking. *I called the transit
> > company. *When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
> > not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. *Why would anybody be
> > stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

> > --Bryan

> Was anybody on the bus when she was smoking? If not I have to say it's
> pretty intolerant to rat her out and threaten here livelihood and family
> income over it.

There were two other passengers, one of whom got out a cigarette right
before he got off the bus, to light after he got off, and one other
passenger.

> Have you never used a cell phone while driving, or Jay
> Walked?

I do not use a cell phone while driving, although that is legal here.
Smoking in a confined public area is not excusable. The driver is
union, and will not get fired over a first offense. If it is
something she has done repeatedly, I hope she does get fired. Some
other more worthy person can fill that job.

> Did somebody rat you out??

If you saw someone breaking into your neighbor's car, would you rat
them out? My eight year old was forced to breathe second hand smoke.
For that, I hope she does get fired.

> Sorry

You don't need to be sorry, but I wonder what someone would have to do
to you before you'd rat them out.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I am Tosk > wrote:

>Was anybody on the bus when she was smoking? If not I have to say it's
>pretty intolerant to rat her out and threaten here livelihood and family
>income over it. Have you never used a cell phone while driving, or Jay
>Walked? Did somebody rat you out??

wrong

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 06:39:57 -0800 (PST), --Bryan wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2:36*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

>>> Last night I was trying to take a pic of the big full moon. *I was
>>> smoking a cig at the time and this is what I got off my camera.

>>>http://i48.tinypic.com/2na8nqt.jpg

>>> Tonight is supposed to be bigger, but we're about to get a snow storm
>>> so the sky is overcast. *This moon is also called the Wolf Moon.

>> Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

> Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
> on the bus before we got on. I couldn't believe it. My son saw her
> "throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
> obvious that someone had just been smoking. I called the transit
> company. When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
> not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. Why would anybody be
> stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?
>
> --Bryan

you really are a narc at heart. did you suggest summary execution for the
bus driver, or merely public flogging?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:29:29 -0500, I am Tosk wrote:

> In article <145ed483-67cb-4088-9668-
> >, says...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2na8nqt.jpg

>>> Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

>> Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
>> on the bus before we got on. I couldn't believe it. My son saw her
>> "throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
>> obvious that someone had just been smoking. I called the transit
>> company. When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
>> not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. Why would anybody be
>> stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?
>>
>> --Bryan

> Was anybody on the bus when she was smoking? If not I have to say it's
> pretty intolerant to rat her out and threaten here livelihood and family
> income over it. Have you never used a cell phone while driving, or Jay
> Walked? Did somebody rat you out??
>
> Sorry

this is bryan's way. i realize you're somewhat new here, but you can look
forward to lots more of this kinda shit in the future.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:42:09 -0800 (PST), --Bryan wrote:

> On Jan 30, 9:29*am, I am Tosk > wrote:
>> In article <145ed483-67cb-4088-9668-
>> >, says...

>>> Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
>>> on the bus before we got on. *I couldn't believe it. *My son saw her
>>> "throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
>>> obvious that someone had just been smoking. *I called the transit
>>> company. *When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
>>> not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. *Why would anybody be
>>> stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

>>> --Bryan

>> Was anybody on the bus when she was smoking? If not I have to say it's
>> pretty intolerant to rat her out and threaten here livelihood and family
>> income over it.

> There were two other passengers, one of whom got out a cigarette right
> before he got off the bus, to light after he got off, and one other
> passenger.
>
>> Have you never used a cell phone while driving, or Jay
>> Walked?

> I do not use a cell phone while driving, although that is legal here.
> Smoking in a confined public area is not excusable. The driver is
> union, and will not get fired over a first offense. If it is
> something she has done repeatedly, I hope she does get fired. Some
> other more worthy person can fill that job.
>
>> Did somebody rat you out??

> If you saw someone breaking into your neighbor's car, would you rat
> them out? My eight year old was forced to breathe second hand smoke.
> For that, I hope she does get fired.

personally, i find it inexcusable that you subjected your eight-year-old to
bus exhaust fumes. i've a good mind to call child protective services and
have him removed from your custody.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan > wrote:

>Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
>on the bus before we got on. I couldn't believe it. My son saw her
>"throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
>obvious that someone had just been smoking. I called the transit
>company. When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
>not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. Why would anybody be
>stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

What's worse is when the transit operator applies a giant amount of
cologne or aftershave to cover up their either cigarette/pot smoking
or alcohol.

I can handle a little smoke smell, but those highly scented products
make me sneeze.

Fortunately this is only a tiny fraction of operators who do this.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 10:04*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:42:09 -0800 (PST), --Bryan wrote:
> > On Jan 30, 9:29*am, I am Tosk > wrote:
> >> In article <145ed483-67cb-4088-9668-

> >> Was anybody on the bus when she was smoking? If not I have to say it's
> >> pretty intolerant to rat her out and threaten here livelihood and family
> >> income over it.

> > There were two other passengers, one of whom got out a cigarette right
> > before he got off the bus, to light after he got off, and one other
> > passenger.

> >> Have you never used a cell phone while driving, or Jay
> >> Walked?

> > I do not use a cell phone while driving, although that is legal here.
> > Smoking in a confined public area is not excusable. *The driver is
> > union, and will not get fired over a first offense. *If it is
> > something she has done repeatedly, I hope she does get fired. *Some
> > other more worthy person can fill that job.

> >> Did somebody rat you out??

> > If you saw someone breaking into your neighbor's car, would you rat
> > them out? *My eight year old was forced to breathe second hand smoke.
> > For that, I hope she does get fired.

> personally, i find it inexcusable that you subjected your eight-year-old to
> bus exhaust fumes. *i've a good mind to call child protective services and
> have him removed from your custody.

Be my guest.

> blake

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 9:59*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 06:39:57 -0800 (PST), --Bryan wrote:

> >> Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

> > Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
> > on the bus before we got on. *I couldn't believe it. *My son saw her
> > "throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
> > obvious that someone had just been smoking. *I called the transit
> > company. *When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
> > not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. *Why would anybody be
> > stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

> > --Bryan

> you really are a narc at heart. *did you suggest summary execution for the
> bus driver, or merely public flogging?

Listen you piece of shit, you might call getting someone in hot water
for smoking on public transit narcing, but it's nothing of the sort.
Someone subjects me or my my child to tobacco smoke, they deserve
whatever they get. I'd like to see you kicked into the gutter and
****ed on, and see if you would just say, "Bygones."
Everyone draws the line somewhere. Maybe you don't mind breathing
cigarette smoke. Perhaps you smoke them themselves. Asshole.

> blake

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan wrote:

> I do not use a cell phone while driving,

Pull the other leg...

> although that is legal here.

Lucky for you.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 10:14*am, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> --Bryan > wrote:
> >Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
> >on the bus before we got on. *I couldn't believe it. *My son saw her
> >"throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
> >obvious that someone had just been smoking. *I called the transit
> >company. *When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
> >not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. *Why would anybody be
> >stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

> What's worse is when the transit operator applies a giant amount of
> cologne or aftershave to cover up their either cigarette/pot smoking
> or alcohol.
>
> I can handle a little smoke smell, but those highly scented products
> make me sneeze.

This wasn't just smoke smell (so called third-hand smoke), but genuine
second-hand smoke. I agree about the colognes. AA groups meet at my
place of employment. The alkies start wearing that crap to cover up
their boozing, but when they get sober, the numbskulls neglect to lose
the cologne. Plus, almost none of them quit smoking, and they make
cheap crappy coffee. Hence, the smell AA is a mix of bad cologne,
cigarettes and cheap coffee. I think I'd rather die of cirrhosis than
have to smell that.

> Fortunately this is only a tiny fraction of operators who do this.

These days pot is so ultra-potent that it shouldn't require anything
like that to cover up its odor. It's been years since I've noticed
pot smell on anyone, and I really doubt that almost any operators
drink before driving the bus--I sure hope not anyway.

> Steve

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:22:06 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ wrote:

> These days pot is so ultra-potent that it shouldn't require anything
> like that to cover up its odor. It's been years since I've noticed
> pot smell on anyone, and I really doubt that almost any operators
> drink before driving the bus--I sure hope not anyway.

The stronger pot smells much more noticeable than the cheap Mexican
dirt weed of the 80's. It's so strong that I can smell it inside
the pockets of people as they walk my seat on the bus.

My current morning driver is a farter. I'm his first stop on his
first run at 6:30am and he already loaded up the bus with his scent
even before the first stop. And then he keeps it about 80F on the
bus, which doesn't help. I sit across from the back door so I can
get some cool, fresh air every time the door opens.

Your complaint about cigarettes is insignificant considering how
much air pollution and contaminated dust you breath every second.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OH MY LORD!! Not another follow-up response to an OT
post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is happening here! The people who use
WEB TV are really going to be ****ed.

Mark

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 6:21*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> OH MY LORD!! Not another follow-up response to an OT
> post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is happening here! The people who use
> WEB TV are really going to be ****ed.
>
> Mark

Only if you post about old, dead soap opera queens that you are
fascinated with.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:08:55 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ wrote:

> On Jan 30, 10:04*am, blake murphy > wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:42:09 -0800 (PST), --Bryan wrote:
>>
>>> If you saw someone breaking into your neighbor's car, would you rat
>>> them out? *My eight year old was forced to breathe second hand smoke.
>>> For that, I hope she does get fired.

>> personally, i find it inexcusable that you subjected your eight-year-old to
>> bus exhaust fumes. *i've a good mind to call child protective services and
>> have him removed from your custody.

> Be my guest.

not my thing. besides, i don't have your expertise.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:22:06 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ wrote:

> On Jan 30, 10:14*am, (Steve Pope) wrote:
>> --Bryan > wrote:
>>>Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
>>>on the bus before we got on. *I couldn't believe it. *My son saw her
>>>"throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
>>>obvious that someone had just been smoking. *I called the transit
>>>company. *When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
>>>not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. *Why would anybody be
>>>stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

>> What's worse is when the transit operator applies a giant amount of
>> cologne or aftershave to cover up their either cigarette/pot smoking
>> or alcohol.
>>
>> I can handle a little smoke smell, but those highly scented products
>> make me sneeze.

> This wasn't just smoke smell (so called third-hand smoke), but genuine
> second-hand smoke. I agree about the colognes. AA groups meet at my
> place of employment. The alkies start wearing that crap to cover up
> their boozing, but when they get sober, the numbskulls neglect to lose
> the cologne. Plus, almost none of them quit smoking, and they make
> cheap crappy coffee. Hence, the smell AA is a mix of bad cologne,
> cigarettes and cheap coffee. I think I'd rather die of cirrhosis than
> have to smell that.

you really are the very soul of christian forbearance.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2010 12:02 PM, blake murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:08:55 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ wrote:

>>> personally, i find it inexcusable that you subjected your eight-year-old to
>>> bus exhaust fumes. i've a good mind to call child protective services and
>>> have him removed from your custody.

>> Be my guest.

> not my thing. besides, i don't have your expertise.
>
> blake

The truth is that people that think it's a good idea that other people
lose their livelihood are not good people. Unless, of course, they're
thinking this about lively hoods, in which case, they're probably cops.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:14:55 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ wrote:

> On Jan 30, 9:59*am, blake murphy > wrote:

>>> Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
>>> on the bus before we got on. *I couldn't believe it. *My son saw her
>>> "throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
>>> obvious that someone had just been smoking. *I called the transit
>>> company. *When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
>>> not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. *Why would anybody be
>>> stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?

>>> --Bryan

>> you really are a narc at heart. *did you suggest summary execution for the
>> bus driver, or merely public flogging?

> Listen you piece of shit, you might call getting someone in hot water
> for smoking on public transit narcing, but it's nothing of the sort.

narking, tattle-tale, call it what you want. most normal people don't find
it attractive.

> Someone subjects me or my my child to tobacco smoke, they deserve
> whatever they get. I'd like to see you kicked into the gutter and
> ****ed on, and see if you would just say, "Bygones."

yes, getting kicked to the curb is exactly the same as being subjected to
second-hand smoke in a however-many-cubic-foot bus.

> Everyone draws the line somewhere. Maybe you don't mind breathing
> cigarette smoke. Perhaps you smoke them themselves. Asshole.

yes, i smoke, but that doesn't mean i'm an asshole. i think wishing
punishment on others (though you seem to have missed the boat in not
suggesting something outlandish in this case) because they have irritated
you does.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2010 12:23 PM, blake murphy wrote:

> narking, tattle-tale, call it what you want. most normal people don't find
> it attractive.

Especially if your name is Frank Sinatra. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:14:55 -0800 (PST), Food SnobŪ wrote:

>>> you really are a narc at heart. did you suggest summary execution for
>>> the
>>> bus driver, or merely public flogging?

>> Listen you piece of shit, you might call getting someone in hot water
>> for smoking on public transit narcing, but it's nothing of the sort.

> narking, tattle-tale, call it what you want. most normal people don't
> find
> it attractive.
>
>> Someone subjects me or my my child to tobacco smoke, they deserve
>> whatever they get. I'd like to see you kicked into the gutter and
>> ****ed on, and see if you would just say, "Bygones."

> yes, getting kicked to the curb is exactly the same as being subjected to
> second-hand smoke in a however-many-cubic-foot bus.
>
>> Everyone draws the line somewhere. Maybe you don't mind breathing
>> cigarette smoke. Perhaps you smoke them themselves. Asshole.

> yes, i smoke, but that doesn't mean i'm an asshole. i think wishing
> punishment on others (though you seem to have missed the boat in not
> suggesting something outlandish in this case) because they have irritated
> you does.
>
> blake

As a 27 year smoker on day 3 of champix (varenicline) I do hope that if I
succeed in kicking the weed that I don't turn into a vindictive bitch who
tries to have someone's lively hood stripped away because they dared to
smoke! Believing in immortality if you never come into contact with
cigarette smoke just proves that government propaganda is swallowed by the
masses. Has anyone noticed that they keep raising the taxes but don't ban
it? We're turning into a puritanical world. Oliver Cromwell would be
cheering! x

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> On Sun 31 Jan 2010 06:21:11p, Sarah wrote in rec.food.cooking
> m>:
>
>> As a 27 year smoker on day 3 of champix (varenicline) I do hope
>> that if I succeed in kicking the weed that I don't turn into a
>> vindictive bitch who tries to have someone's lively hood
>> stripped away because they dared to smoke! Believing in
>> immortality if you never come into contact with cigarette smoke
>> just proves that government propaganda is swallowed by the
>> masses. Has anyone noticed that they keep raising the taxes but
>> don't ban it? We're turning into a puritanical world. Oliver
>> Cromwell would be cheering! x

> I tried Chantix last year and it worked at first, then the cravings
> were more than I could stand. Even though taking the drug made cigs
> taste just horrible, it wasn't enough to make me quit. I enjoyed
> the dreams immensely though.
>
> I will try again to quit. I have Wellbutrin at the ready. Maybe
> that'll work better for me.
>
> Good luck to you! Keep with it! It sucks to smoke!!! Seriously!

The cancer from it sucks, too. I know that first hand.

I quit smoking without drugs or patches (which never worked for me) when
I discovered that it wasn't the chemical dependence as much as it was
the behavior patterns that I had established which revolved around
smoking. After 30 years one does form behavioral patterns.

I remembered my LaMaze childbirth classes where they teach you to focus
on something other than how much it hurts. I think they called it
psycho-profilactics. (sp)

So that's what I did. I got a little book about yoga breathing and
learned how to do some deep breathing relaxing techniques. Whenever the
urge came for a smoke, I did some breathing exercises and the cravings
went away. I also changed some of my behavior to get out of the
cigarette patterns.

Instead of going outside for a smoke immediately after eating, I went to
the sink and washed the dishes or to the bathroom and brushed my teeth
or if not at home then to the bathroom and gave my hands a through
washing. Anything to change the behavior pattern.

It was rough and there was one day when DH ran me to the doctor because
I was either going to kill him or he was going to have me put away. I
got some fast-acting calm-down stuff from the doctor and took it for
about a week. Things got easier after that.

I had promised myself that if I didn't smoke for a year I would have one
cigarette on the anniversary of quitting. That day came and I said I'd
wait another year. When the next year came, I didn't want the cigarette.

I am not a bitch about smoking, but after battling cancer, I really
don't want to be around smoke. I do have an ash tray on my screen porch
for guests who must smoke because I understand their needs. I just don't
want their needs to interfere with my health. I don't think I'm asking
too much but some of you undoubtedly do.

Good luck to both of you gals. I hope you can kick it. It is very, very,
very hard but you are strong women and I have faith and confidence in you.

Janet in Texas
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 6:01*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> My current morning driver is a farter. *I'm his first stop on his
> first run at 6:30am and he already loaded up the bus with his scent
> even before the first stop. *And then he keeps it about 80F on the
> bus, which doesn't help. *I sit across from the back door so I can
> get some cool, fresh air every time the door opens.

When I used to ride the bus, there was always this one fellow that sat
there and stared at me while picking his nose. It very much
encouraged me to save up the money to get my own car.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 4:12*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> On 1/31/2010 12:02 PM, blake murphy wrote:

> >> Be my guest.

> > not my thing. *besides, i don't have your expertise.

> > blake

> The truth is that people that think it's a good idea that other people
> lose their livelihood are not good people. Unless, of course, they're
> thinking this about lively hoods, in which case, they're probably cops.

If you knew of a restaurant kitchen employee who regularly took a
crap, wiped his ass, didn't wash his hands, them handled food that was
served to you, would you be happy to see him replaced by another
worker?

Where do you draw the line?

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sarah wrote:
> As a 27 year smoker on day 3 of champix (varenicline) I do hope that
> if I succeed in kicking the weed that I don't turn into a vindictive
> bitch who tries to have someone's lively hood stripped away because
> they dared to smoke! Believing in immortality if you never come into
> contact with cigarette smoke just proves that government propaganda is
> swallowed by the masses. Has anyone noticed that they keep raising the
> taxes but don't ban it? We're turning into a puritanical world. Oliver
> Cromwell would be cheering! x
>
> Sarah

It is nice to see you posting. My sister quit smoking 6 months ago and
I am so proud of her. I wish you the best of luck on quitting.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 10:41*am, I am Tosk > wrote:
> In article >, says...

> > > not my thing. *besides, i don't have your expertise.

> > > blake

> > The truth is that people that think it's a good idea that other people
> > lose their livelihood are not good people. Unless, of course, they're
> > thinking this about lively hoods, in which case, they're probably cops.

> These people are elitists. An 8 year olds' lungs will expel the third
> hand smoke within a few minutes. Nothing compared to the pollution he
> will ingest just during that bus ride.

You're an idiot. Do you even know what third hand smoke is?

> Scotty

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2010 4:32 AM, Food SnobŪ wrote:
> On Jan 31, 4:12 pm, > wrote:

>>> not my thing. besides, i don't have your expertise.

>>> blake

>> The truth is that people that think it's a good idea that other people
>> lose their livelihood are not good people. Unless, of course, they're
>> thinking this about lively hoods, in which case, they're probably cops.

> If you knew of a restaurant kitchen employee who regularly took a
> crap, wiped his ass, didn't wash his hands, them handled food that was
> served to you, would you be happy to see him replaced by another
> worker?
>
> Where do you draw the line?

The reality is that you'd probably be wise to not know the awful truth
of what goes on behind that swinging door that separates us from them.
That's modern life for you. All you can do trust that the management has
a handle on the sanitary conditions of whatever establishment you choose
to eat. If you're not willing to do this, find some other place to eat.

All I know is that there ain't no guarantees on sanitation or anything
else in this life and people that think it's a good idea that other
people lose their livelihood are not good people.

> --Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <e954e87d-0ed6-4942-9596-cb81b7e06277
@r24g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, says...

> On Feb 1, 10:41*am, I am Tosk > wrote:

> > > The truth is that people that think it's a good idea that other people
> > > lose their livelihood are not good people. Unless, of course, they're
> > > thinking this about lively hoods, in which case, they're probably cops.

> > These people are elitists. An 8 year olds' lungs will expel the third
> > hand smoke within a few minutes. Nothing compared to the pollution he
> > will ingest just during that bus ride.

> You're an idiot. Do you even know what third hand smoke is?
> >
> > Scotty

> --Bryan

I would respond to you, but I wouldn't want to say anything that would
make you report me to the cops or something... Go ahead, push your
agenda on your neighbor, Karma is a bitch... <plonk>

Scotty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2010 6:41 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
> In >, says...

>>> not my thing. besides, i don't have your expertise.
>>>
>>> blake

>> The truth is that people that think it's a good idea that other people
>> lose their livelihood are not good people. Unless, of course, they're
>> thinking this about lively hoods, in which case, they're probably cops.

> These people are elitists. An 8 year olds' lungs will expel the third
> hand smoke within a few minutes. Nothing compared to the pollution he
> will ingest just during that bus ride.

Why be so concerned with cigarette smoke? Exposure to this is minimal
these days. Is there something healthier with bus exhaust fumes? My
guess it that if the kid is on the bus he's also exposed to car and
truck fumes and all kinds of crappy gases. He's also exposing the kid to
the tons of asbestos dust that's produced by cars every time they brake.
For more info on this just wipe your finger on the front wheels of most
any car. If the kid has a bad respiratory system he should really move
away from the city.

> Scotty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Jan 30, 2:36*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

>> > Last night I was trying to take a pic of the big full moon. *I was
>> > smoking a cig at the time and this is what I got off my camera.

>> >http://i48.tinypic.com/2na8nqt.jpg

>> > Tonight is supposed to be bigger, but we're about to get a snow storm
>> > so the sky is overcast. *This moon is also called the Wolf Moon.

>> Cool shot. I will always miss my cigs.

>Yesterday, the bus driver on the public transit bus had been smoking
>on the bus before we got on. I couldn't believe it. My son saw her
>"throw something out of her window" just before we got on, and it was
>obvious that someone had just been smoking. I called the transit
>company. When the supervisor got on that bus later that day, there's
>not much question that (s)he smelled smoke. Why would anybody be
>stupid enough to think that they could get away with doing that?
>
>--Bryan

Bryan,
Are an ex-smoker? We can be such pricks.

Cam
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:04:06 -0800 (PST), itsjoannotjoann
> wrote:

>On Jan 30, 6:21*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
>> OH MY LORD!! Not another follow-up response to an OT
>> post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is happening here! The people who use
>> WEB TV are really going to be ****ed.
>>
>> Mark

>Only if you post about old, dead soap opera queens that you are
>fascinated with.

Man, your more-than-obvious stupidity explains why you use WebTv.
What a mess you truly are!

the moon Somebody General Cooking 2 05-10-2012 05:02 AM
Moon Cake Mark Thorson General Cooking 16 08-09-2011 01:29 PM
It's not a full moon, but... Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 42 25-02-2006 01:22 AM