Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apple Brined Turkey

Apple Brined Turkey

This apple brined turkey will get rave reviews from your guests. The
white and dark meat are very moist. Never serve a dry turkey again.

8 lb to 16 lb uncooked turkey (not injected with a salt solution)
Brine:
8 cups apple juice or cider (bottled or from frozen concentrate)
1 pound brown sugar (light or dark)
1 cup Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt (or 1/2 cup non-iodized table salt)
12 cups quarts cold water
2 cups orange juice
1 Tbsp ground ginger
15 whole cloves
6 large bay leaves
3 Tbsp crushed garlic

Combine apple juice, brown sugar, and salt in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Boil for one minute
and remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
In a large food safe container (2 to 5-gallons), combine the
apple juice mixture with the remaining ingredients, then refrigerate to
40-degrees F.
Remove giblets and neck from raw turkey and place turkey in the
brine solution, breast side down. Place a heavy plate or bowl on top to
keep the bird submerged, if necessary. Place container in fridge and
brine the turkey for 24 hours.
Discard brine solution and rinse turkey well, inside and outside.
Pat turkey dry and air dry in fridge for about 4-hours, uncovered.
Coat turkey with light coating of oil or butter and bake in oven
(or smoke ,outdoors, in bbq smoker) at 325-degrees F. until thermometer
placed in breast reads 165-degrees F (about 3-hours).
This came from Rec Food
From Rusty

Daisy

http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"daisy" > wrote in message
> Apple Brined Turkey
>
> This apple brined turkey will get rave reviews from your guests. The
> white and dark meat are very moist. Never serve a dry turkey again.
>
> 8 lb to 16 lb uncooked turkey (not injected with a salt solution)
> Brine:
> 8 cups apple juice or cider (bottled or from frozen concentrate)
> 1 pound brown sugar (light or dark)
> 1 cup Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt (or 1/2 cup non-iodized table salt)
> 12 cups quarts cold water
> 2 cups orange juice
> 1 Tbsp ground ginger
> 15 whole cloves
> 6 large bay leaves
> 3 Tbsp crushed garlic
>
> Combine apple juice, brown sugar, and salt in a large saucepan.
> Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Boil for one minute
> and remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
> In a large food safe container (2 to 5-gallons), combine the
> apple juice mixture with the remaining ingredients, then refrigerate to
> 40-degrees F.
> Remove giblets and neck from raw turkey and place turkey in the
> brine solution, breast side down. Place a heavy plate or bowl on top to
> keep the bird submerged, if necessary. Place container in fridge and
> brine the turkey for 24 hours.
> Discard brine solution and rinse turkey well, inside and outside.
> Pat turkey dry and air dry in fridge for about 4-hours, uncovered.
> Coat turkey with light coating of oil or butter and bake in oven
> (or smoke ,outdoors, in bbq smoker) at 325-degrees F. until thermometer
> placed in breast reads 165-degrees F (about 3-hours).
> This came from Rec Food
> From Rusty
>
> Daisy
>
> http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/
>
> That is Rec Food Recipes .sorry about that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:18:14 -0600, "daisy" > wrote:

>Apple Brined Turkey
>
>This apple brined turkey will get rave reviews from your guests. The
>white and dark meat are very moist. Never serve a dry turkey again.
>
>8 lb to 16 lb uncooked turkey (not injected with a salt solution)
>Brine:
>8 cups apple juice or cider (bottled or from frozen concentrate)
>1 pound brown sugar (light or dark)
>1 cup Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt (or 1/2 cup non-iodized table salt)
>12 cups quarts cold water

12 cups or 12 quarts?

Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cathy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:18:14 -0600, "daisy" > wrote:
>
>>Apple Brined Turkey
>>
>>This apple brined turkey will get rave reviews from your guests. The
>>white and dark meat are very moist. Never serve a dry turkey again.
>>
>>8 lb to 16 lb uncooked turkey (not injected with a salt solution)
>>Brine:
>>8 cups apple juice or cider (bottled or from frozen concentrate)
>>1 pound brown sugar (light or dark)
>>1 cup Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt (or 1/2 cup non-iodized table salt)
>>12 cups quarts cold water

> 12 cups or 12 quarts?
>
> Cathy

12 cups water or 3 quarts...sorry I meant to fix that.

Daisy

Dry Brined Turkey Rusty[_1_] Recipes (moderated) 0 15-11-2007 02:03 AM
Apple Brined Turkey Rusty Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2006 04:44 AM
Brined Turkey Tim Recipes 0 18-12-2005 04:23 PM
Brined Turkey Duckie ® Recipes 0 21-11-2005 07:21 PM
Apple-Maple Brined Ribs Chef2Chef Recipe Club Recipes (moderated) 0 06-05-2004 02:13 PM