Hayley

Default Rice Wine Vinegar

Hi,

Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!
levelwave

Hayley wrote:

> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...

You can use *Rice Vinegar* for Asian sauces...dipping or otherwise...

~john!

Richard Periut

levelwave wrote:
> Hayley wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
>> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

> There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...

What damn nonsense are you talking about?!!!

Rice wine vinegar is made from rice wine (the wine made from the
fermentation of the broken starches and complex sugars,) then converted
into vinegar using a mother.

See:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/chefshop/ricwinvinjap1.html

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Ariane Jenkins

On 2 Oct 2003 14:36:04 -0700, Hayley > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

I mostly use mine to make sushi rice, along with sugar and
salt. It's fairly mild, so it would probably work in salad dressings,
too. In Japanese cuisine, rice vinegar also gets used in sunomono,
various types of vinegared salads.

Ariane
David Wright

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:45:56 -0400, levelwave >
wrote:

>Hayley wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
>> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

>There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...
>
>You can use *Rice Vinegar* for Asian sauces...dipping or otherwise...
>
>~john!

This is the brand of rice wine vinegar I get at my supermarket:
http://tinyurl.com/pidm
And a google search for "rice wine vinegar" will get several hits. If
that's not what it is, there are several products that go by that
name.

David

Jack Schidt®

"Hayley" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

Use it when you want a milder vinegar. I use it on fresh tomato salad and
fresh cucumber salad. Also, use it to make sushi rice and other asian
dishes, like sauces and marinades.

Jack Sour

Dimitri

"levelwave" > wrote in message
> Hayley wrote:
>
> > Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> > not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

> There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...
>
> You can use *Rice Vinegar* for Asian sauces...dipping or otherwise...
>
> ~john!

Idiot!

Dimitri

vinegar

[VIHN-ih-ger]
Derived from the French vin aigre , "sour wine," vinegar is made by
bacterial activity thats converts fermented liquids such as wine, beer or
cider into a weak solution of ACETIC ACID (the constituent that makes it
sour). Vinegar has been used for centuries for everything from beverages
(like SHRUBS), to an odor-diminisher for strong foods such as cabbage and
onions, to a hair rinse and softener. There are a multitude of vinegar
varieties available today. In the United States, the most popular styles are
the fruity apple cider vinegar, made from fermented apple cider, and the
rather harsh-tasting distilled white vinegar, made from a grain-alcohol
mixture. The French prefer pleasantly pungent wine vinegars, which can be
made from either red or white wine. In Britain the favorite is mild malt
vinegar, obtained from malted barley. The exquisite Italian balsamic
vinegar, made from white Trebbiano grape juice, gets its dark color and
pungent sweetness from aging in barrels - of various woods and in graduating
sizes - over a period of years. It should be noted that many balsamic
vinegars contain SULFITES, which are primarily added to inhibit the growth
of unfavorable, flavor-detracting bacteria. Herb vinegars are made by
steeping fresh herbs such as dill and tarragon in vinegar. Popular fruit
vinegars include those made with raspberries and blueberries.

SEE BELOW!

Mild and slightly sweet rice vinegar, made from fermented rice, is widely
used in Japanese and Chinese cooking. It's a key element in dishes such as
SUSHI. Cane vinegar is made from sugarcane and has a rich, slightly sweet
flavor. Vinegar is essential in making pickles, mustards and VINAIGRETTES.
It adds a jolt of flavor to numerous sauces, MARINADES and dressings, and to
preparations such as SAUERBRATEN, SWEET-AND-SOUR dishes and marinated
HERRING. It's also widely used as a table CONDIMENT for dishes such as
England's FISH AND CHIPS. Vinegar should be stored airtight in a cool, dark
place. Unopened, it will keep indefinitely; once opened it can be stored for
about 6 months. See also MOTHER OF VINEGAR; SU.

© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995
based on THE FOOD LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

travis

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:30:00 GMT, "Dimitri" >
shared the following:

>"levelwave" > wrote in message
>> Hayley wrote:
>>
>> > Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
>> > not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

>> There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...
>>
>> You can use *Rice Vinegar* for Asian sauces...dipping or otherwise...
>>
>> ~john!

>Idiot!

Is that amount of rudeness helpful? No.

>Dimitri
>
>vinegar
>

>[VIHN-ih-ger]
>Derived from the French vin aigre , "sour wine," vinegar is made by
>bacterial activity thats converts fermented liquids such as wine, beer or
>cider into a weak solution of ACETIC ACID (the constituent that makes it
>sour). Vinegar has been used for centuries for everything from beverages
>(like SHRUBS), to an odor-diminisher for strong foods such as cabbage and
>onions, to a hair rinse and softener. There are a multitude of vinegar
>varieties available today. In the United States, the most popular styles are
>the fruity apple cider vinegar, made from fermented apple cider, and the
>rather harsh-tasting distilled white vinegar, made from a grain-alcohol
>mixture. The French prefer pleasantly pungent wine vinegars, which can be
>made from either red or white wine. In Britain the favorite is mild malt
>vinegar, obtained from malted barley. The exquisite Italian balsamic
>vinegar, made from white Trebbiano grape juice, gets its dark color and
>pungent sweetness from aging in barrels - of various woods and in graduating
>sizes - over a period of years. It should be noted that many balsamic
>vinegars contain SULFITES, which are primarily added to inhibit the growth
>of unfavorable, flavor-detracting bacteria. Herb vinegars are made by
>steeping fresh herbs such as dill and tarragon in vinegar. Popular fruit
>vinegars include those made with raspberries and blueberries.
>
>SEE BELOW!
>
>Mild and slightly sweet rice vinegar, made from fermented rice, is widely
>used in Japanese and Chinese cooking. It's a key element in dishes such as
>SUSHI. Cane vinegar is made from sugarcane and has a rich, slightly sweet
>flavor. Vinegar is essential in making pickles, mustards and VINAIGRETTES.
>It adds a jolt of flavor to numerous sauces, MARINADES and dressings, and to
>preparations such as SAUERBRATEN, SWEET-AND-SOUR dishes and marinated
>HERRING. It's also widely used as a table CONDIMENT for dishes such as
>England's FISH AND CHIPS. Vinegar should be stored airtight in a cool, dark
>place. Unopened, it will keep indefinitely; once opened it can be stored for
>about 6 months. See also MOTHER OF VINEGAR; SU.
>
>© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995
>based on THE FOOD LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

--
Travis
'63 VW Camo Baja...
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!
Peter Aitken

"levelwave" > wrote in message
> Hayley wrote:
>
> > Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> > not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

> There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...
>
> You can use *Rice Vinegar* for Asian sauces...dipping or otherwise...
>
> ~john!

There most certainly is "rice wine vinegar" but it is identical to rice
vinegar. I have a bottle so labeled in my pantry. The vinegar is made from
rice wine, much like red wine vinegar and similar western products. As you
said it is used in many dipping sauces. It is a mild vinegar and can be a
nice change for salads.

--
Peter Aitken

Dimitri

"travis" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:30:00 GMT, "Dimitri" >
> shared the following:

> >> There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...
> >>
> >> You can use *Rice Vinegar* for Asian sauces...dipping or otherwise...
> >>
> >> ~john!

> >Idiot!

> Is that amount of rudeness helpful? No.

On the contrary - The next time he starts spewing information maybe, just
maybe he will check the information more carefully. Misconceptions are bad
for everyone.

Dimitri

MareCat

wrote:

>Hayley wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
>> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

>There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...

Of course, by now you know you're wrong...

I use rice wine vinegar in making sushi. I add sugar and salt to the
(boiling) vinegar and add it to the cooked sushi rice to make "sticky
rice."

I also use the vinegar in stir-fry sauces.

Mary
Richard Periut

Dimitri wrote:
> "travis" > wrote in message
>
>>On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:30:00 GMT, "Dimitri" >
>>shared the following:

>>>Idiot!

>>Is that amount of rudeness helpful? No.

> On the contrary - The next time he starts spewing information maybe, just
> maybe he will check the information more carefully. Misconceptions are bad
> for everyone.
>
> Dimitri

Ruthless! : )

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

travis

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:14:25 GMT, Richard Periut
> shared the following:

>Dimitri wrote:
>> "travis" > wrote in message
>>
>>>On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:30:00 GMT, "Dimitri" >
>>>shared the following:

>>>Is that amount of rudeness helpful? No.

>> On the contrary - The next time he starts spewing information maybe, just
>> maybe he will check the information more carefully. Misconceptions are bad
>> for everyone.
>>
>> Dimitri

Well then I guess it's a good thing you called him an idiot over the
whole thing. Now I can see how that helped matters. Thanks for
clearing that up for me! :-)
*plonk*

--
Travis
'63 VW Camo Baja...
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!
Dimitri

"Richard Periut" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Ruthless! : )
>
> --
> "..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
> beans and a nice chianti..."
>
> Hannibal "The Cannibal"
>
> Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Absolute answers like "There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar" deserve
absolute replies.

If you consider that ruthless then you are entitled to your opinion.

Dimitri

Richard Periut

Dimitri wrote:
> "Richard Periut" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>>Ruthless! : )
>>
>>--
>>"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
>>beans and a nice chianti..."
>>
>>Hannibal "The Cannibal"
>>
>>Silence Of The Lambs 1991

> Absolute answers like "There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar" deserve
> absolute replies.
>
> If you consider that ruthless then you are entitled to your opinion.
>
> Dimitri

Rightfully so! Off with his head!

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

levelwave

Dimitri wrote:

> Idiot!
>
> Dimitri

strange... I was watching the Tube today while writing this post and
Sara Moulton (not that she's an expert) said and I quote "There is no
such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar"...There is Rice Vinegar and Rice
Wine... All I could think of was Syncronicity! - so I quoted her...

By the way Dimitri... Your mother is a whore...

~john!

Oscar

"travis" > wrote in message
> >Dimitri wrote:

> >> On the contrary - The next time he starts spewing information maybe,

just
> >> maybe he will check the information more carefully. Misconceptions are

bad
> >> for everyone.
> >>
> >> Dimitri

> Well then I guess it's a good thing you called him an idiot over the
> whole thing. Now I can see how that helped matters. Thanks for
> clearing that up for me! :-)
> *plonk*

That's about the funniest post I've seen in a long time...
Some dumb ass-HOLE plonking Dimitri. ROTFLMAO, pretty soon Travis(ty) will
have the whole newsgroup plonked except for Wolfie and his OT crew

Oscar

Peter Aitken

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> "travis" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:30:00 GMT, "Dimitri" >
> > shared the following:

am

> > >Idiot!

> > Is that amount of rudeness helpful? No.

> On the contrary - The next time he starts spewing information maybe, just
> maybe he will check the information more carefully. Misconceptions are

bad
> for everyone.
>
> Dimitri

It would be a lot more helpful if you would provide correction by presenting
the correct information. Calling names does no one any good, and it is
certainly the case that this group could use some more civility.

--
Peter Aitken

Dimitri

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message news:3y3fb.18027

<snip>

> It would be a lot more helpful if you would provide correction by

presenting
> the correct information. Calling names does no one any good, and it is
> certainly the case that this group could use some more civility.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken

Peter you're way too civil, where's your sense of adventure?

Have some fun once in a while.

How many times have you swallowed the desire to call someone a dolt, a ditz,
an idiot, or even worse?

What the heck, after all Don Quixote tilted at windmills............. It's
good for the soul.

Dimitri

Dimitri

"levelwave" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>
> > Idiot!
> >
> > Dimitri

> strange... I was watching the Tube today while writing this post and
> Sara Moulton (not that she's an expert) said and I quote "There is no
> such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar"...There is Rice Vinegar and Rice
> Wine... All I could think of was Syncronicity! - so I quoted her...
>
> By the way Dimitri... Your mother is a whore...
>
> ~john!

Shit, I didn't think you were that old - she's dead you know.

Been practicing necrophilia?

You could apply for a job at the county coroner's office and attain your
life long ambition.

Dimitri

Rick & Cyndi

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
m...
:
: "Richard Periut" > wrote in message
: ...
:
: <snip>
:
: > Ruthless! : )
: >
: > --
: > "..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with
some fava
: > beans and a nice chianti..."
: >
: > Hannibal "The Cannibal"
: >
: > Silence Of The Lambs 1991
:
: Absolute answers like "There is no such thing as Rice Wine
Vinegar" deserve
: absolute replies.
:
: If you consider that ruthless then you are entitled to your
opinion.
:
: Dimitri
:
: ========

Well... "idiot" is nicer than what I said, aloud, after I read
his response!
--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

levelwave

MareCat wrote:

> I use rice wine vinegar in making sushi. I add sugar and salt to the
> (boiling) vinegar and add it to the cooked sushi rice to make "sticky
> rice."

Have you tried using Seasoned Rice Vinegar instead of adding sugar and
salt?...

~john!

Dimitri

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> "levelwave" > wrote in message
> > Dimitri wrote:
> >
> > > Idiot!
> > >
> > > Dimitri

> > strange... I was watching the Tube today while writing this post and
> > Sara Moulton (not that she's an expert) said and I quote "There is no
> > such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar"...There is Rice Vinegar and Rice
> > Wine... All I could think of was Syncronicity! - so I quoted her...
> >
> > By the way Dimitri... Your mother is a whore...
> >
> > ~john!

FYI - http://shop.store.yahoo.com/chefshop/ricwinvinjap1.html

Rice wine vinegar is an indispensable flavoring in many Asian foods, and has
recently become favored in non-traditional foods for its light touch and
mild sweetness. Khikyu-uma natural flavored vinegar is distilled from the
sweet, fermented residue of sake and rice and softened with water to a low
acidity. The result is a sweet but slightly tangy vinegar that will preserve
the delicate flavors it mingles with. Use it to expand your own repertoire,
whether in traditional or Asian-inspired salad dressings, marinades and
sauces, or in dishes of your own invention. It makes an especially good
marinade base for fish.

Dimitri

travis

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 01:03:42 GMT, "Dimitri" >
shared the following:

>"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message news:3y3fb.18027
>
><snip>
>
>> It would be a lot more helpful if you would provide correction by

>presenting
>> the correct information. Calling names does no one any good, and it is
>> certainly the case that this group could use some more civility.
>>

>> --
>> Peter Aitken

>Peter you're way too civil, where's your sense of adventure?
>
>Have some fun once in a while.
>
>How many times have you swallowed the desire to call someone a dolt, a ditz,
>an idiot, or even worse?
>
>What the heck, after all Don Quixote tilted at windmills............. It's
>good for the soul.
>

>Dimitri

Maybe you're right. I hadn't got around to killfiling you yet so
maybe I'll just have more fun and not killfile you, asshole. :-)
You're right, that's better. Thanks for the tip. Now before someone
goes criticizing me over it, Dimitri called someone a rude name, then
when someone told him they thought that wasn't nice he gave the advice
to have fun and not swallow the desire to call someone "a dolt, a
ditz, and idiot, or even worse." I'm just taking the dipshit's
advice, and he's right. This is fun. :-)

--
Travis
'63 VW Camo Baja...
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!
travis

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:30:35 GMT, "Oscar" > shared the
following:

>"travis" > wrote in message
.. .

>just

>bad

>> Well then I guess it's a good thing you called him an idiot over the
>> whole thing. Now I can see how that helped matters. Thanks for
>> clearing that up for me! :-)
>> *plonk*
>>

>That's about the funniest post I've seen in a long time...
>Some dumb ass-HOLE plonking Dimitri. ROTFLMAO, pretty soon Travis(ty) will
>have the whole newsgroup plonked except for Wolfie and his OT crew

Nah, I killfiled Wolfie last week. Try to keep up. :-) Hmm...
Seems like the number of posts I see out here gets smaller every
day... heh heh

--
Travis
'63 VW Camo Baja...
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!
Jack Schidt®

"travis" > wrote in message

> Maybe you're right. I hadn't got around to killfiling you yet so
> maybe I'll just have more fun and not killfile you, asshole. :-)
> You're right, that's better. Thanks for the tip. Now before someone
> goes criticizing me over it, Dimitri called someone a rude name, then
> when someone told him they thought that wasn't nice he gave the advice
> to have fun and not swallow the desire to call someone "a dolt, a
> ditz, and idiot, or even worse." I'm just taking the dipshit's
> advice, and he's right. This is fun. :-)

See? I knew you'd come around, you douchebag! ;-P

Jack Gas

travis

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:55:37 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> shared the following:

>"travis" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Maybe you're right. I hadn't got around to killfiling you yet so
>> maybe I'll just have more fun and not killfile you, asshole. :-)
>> You're right, that's better. Thanks for the tip. Now before someone
>> goes criticizing me over it, Dimitri called someone a rude name, then
>> when someone told him they thought that wasn't nice he gave the advice
>> to have fun and not swallow the desire to call someone "a dolt, a
>> ditz, and idiot, or even worse." I'm just taking the dipshit's
>> advice, and he's right. This is fun. :-)
>>

>See? I knew you'd come around, you douchebag! ;-P
>
>Jack Gas

HA! I'm *really* not that bad of a guy. I'm just not quite used to
the level of rudeness on this particular newsgroup yet. I've spent a
lot of time on just one other newsgroup and they really and truly are
much more civil on that one than this one. When I see someone acting
rude I need to learn to just think "wow, how rude" and move on instead
of reacting to it "out loud" and rudely. Thank for the extra
injection of humor, though Jack Off. :-)
(I really *am* smiling right now... heh heh)

--
Travis
'63 VW Camo Baja...
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!
Hahabogus

"Dimitri" > wrote in
om:

> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>> It would be a lot more helpful if you would provide correction by

> presenting
>> the correct information. Calling names does no one any good, and it
>> is certainly the case that this group could use some more civility.
>>

>> --
>> Peter Aitken

> Peter you're way too civil, where's your sense of adventure?
>
> Have some fun once in a while.
>
> How many times have you swallowed the desire to call someone a dolt, a
> ditz, an idiot, or even worse?
>
> What the heck, after all Don Quixote tilted at windmills.............
> It's good for the soul.
>

> Dimitri

Try for some creativity and hummor it relieves stress.

Darryl L. Pierce

Hayley wrote:

> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

I use it for pickling.

--
Darryl L. Pierce >
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>
Darryl L. Pierce

travis wrote:

>>> There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...
>>>
>>> You can use *Rice Vinegar* for Asian sauces...dipping or otherwise...

>>Idiot!

> Is that amount of rudeness helpful? No.

Rudeness? In Usenet?

--
Darryl L. Pierce >
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>
A.T. Hagan

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:30:35 GMT, "Oscar" > wrote:

>"travis" > wrote in message
.. .

>just

>bad

>> Well then I guess it's a good thing you called him an idiot over the
>> whole thing. Now I can see how that helped matters. Thanks for
>> clearing that up for me! :-)
>> *plonk*
>>

>That's about the funniest post I've seen in a long time...
>Some dumb ass-HOLE plonking Dimitri. ROTFLMAO, pretty soon Travis(ty) will
>have the whole newsgroup plonked except for Wolfie and his OT crew
>
>Oscar

You know, I thought misc.survivalism was bad for this sort of crap but
it seems that rec.food.cooking is fully its equal in this regard. A
perfectly reasonable thread is started, someone says something that
offends someone else and offends them back then yet another person
joins in and another and another and another so by the time the thread
finally dies the posts that actually have any damned thing at all to
do with the OPs question are far outnumbered by the posts of people
telling each other they're idiots!

A pox on ALL of your houses.

Rice wine vinegar = rice vinegar = used in many Asian dishes.

......Alan.

Post no bills
Christopher Ballard

Hayley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

I really like using rice wine vinegar as the base of a beurre blanc
sauce for fish.

--Chris

Hayley

Oops, sorry if I posted twice. I thought I was making a new thread.
I was talking about rice vinegar not rice wine vinegar. Thanks.

MareCat > wrote in message >. ..
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:45:56 -0400, levelwave >
> wrote:
>
> >Hayley wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
> >> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

> >There is no such thing as Rice Wine Vinegar...

> Of course, by now you know you're wrong...
>
> I use rice wine vinegar in making sushi. I add sugar and salt to the
> (boiling) vinegar and add it to the cooked sushi rice to make "sticky
> rice."
>
> I also use the vinegar in stir-fry sauces.
>
> Mary

Pan Ohco

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 17:23:57 -0400, Christopher Ballard
> wrote:

>Hayley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone here use Rice Vinegar? I just got a bottle of it and am
>> not really sure what to do with it. Thanks!

>I really like using rice wine vinegar as the base of a beurre blanc
>sauce for fish.
>
>--Chris

I use it for sushi rice.
Pan Ohco
MareCat

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:01:59 -0400, levelwave >
wrote:

>MareCat wrote:
>
>> I use rice wine vinegar in making sushi. I add sugar and salt to the
>> (boiling) vinegar and add it to the cooked sushi rice to make "sticky
>> rice."

>Have you tried using Seasoned Rice Vinegar instead of adding sugar and
>salt?...
>
>~john!

I have used the seasoned vinegar, and I like it a lot. When I make
sushi rice, I still need to add about a tablespoon of sugar, but no
salt.