Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Default Coming soon on Semi-Homade: Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Thanksgiving

Head to a beautiful country setting with Sandra Lee
for a warm and festive Semi-Homemade Thanksgiving!
Classic holiday recipes will be whipped up in the
semi-homemade style, as only Sandra Lee can do. She's
taking the hassle out of Turkey Day and will show
you how to spend less time in the kitchen and more
time with your friends and family. Sandra will also
turn this New England house into a fall wonderland
with her simple decorating tips and beautiful
tablescape. Tune in to learn time-saving secrets
for a memorable Thanksgiving. Whether you're looking
for turkey recipes, stuffing, side dishes, pies or
other desserts, we've got you covered. Find great
advice and Thanksgiving recipes to plan your
Thanksgiving dinner menu.

--
"Bunny's ability to take ingredients that I love and put them together into
something stomach wrenching is unparalleled." -- bookwirm

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Mike - you forgot Cacktail Time!

Cocktail: Turkey-tini

3 oz. Wild Turkey (tm)
1 oz. gin
Splash of cranberry juice

Dip top of glass in turkey fat to wet, rim (heh heh) with crushed
almond shells. Fill with Wild Turkey, gin, and cranberry joose. Gernish
with frozen cranberries and a wishbone (nice choking hazard there!)

A votre sante !!!

-andy

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

bizook wrote:
> Mike - you forgot Cacktail Time!
>
> Cocktail: Turkey-tini
>
> 3 oz. Wild Turkey (tm)
> 1 oz. gin
> Splash of cranberry juice
>
> Dip top of glass in turkey fat to wet, rim (heh heh) with crushed
> almond shells. Fill with Wild Turkey, gin, and cranberry joose. Gernish
> with frozen cranberries and a wishbone (nice choking hazard there!)
>
> A votre sante !!!

Personally, I would hang a wing on the side of the glass, or a foot if I
could get one.

For the most stunning visual effect, omit the cranberry juice and spoon
a glob of jellied cranberry sauce in the glass before pouring in the
hooch mixture -- beautiful! *Just* like a Bellini but with none of the
hard work!
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pennyaline > wrote:

> bizook wrote:
> > Mike - you forgot Cacktail Time!
> >
> > Cocktail: Turkey-tini
> >
> > 3 oz. Wild Turkey (tm)
> > 1 oz. gin
> > Splash of cranberry juice
> >
> > Dip top of glass in turkey fat to wet, rim (heh heh) with crushed
> > almond shells. Fill with Wild Turkey, gin, and cranberry joose. Gernish
> > with frozen cranberries and a wishbone (nice choking hazard there!)
> >
> > A votre sante !!!

> Personally, I would hang a wing on the side of the glass, or a foot if I
> could get one.

Maybe she can go to the crafts store and get martini glasses with
chicken foot bases ...
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:44:07 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"

:

><rubbing hands together in anticipaton of Ub's post>
>

>> Head to a beautiful country setting with Sandra Lee
>> for a warm and festive Semi-Homemade Thanksgiving!

>> Classic holiday recipes will be whipped up in the
>> semi-homemade style, as only Sandra Lee can do.

>Would she even know what a classic recipe is if it bit her in the a**?
>
>> She's
>> taking the hassle out of Turkey Day and will show
>> you how to spend less time in the kitchen and more
>> time with your friends and family.

>Let's see if I can guess. Stovetop stuffing (she'll dump in some
>cranberries or maybe a can of mushrooms). There will be *premium* boxed
>mashed potatoes to which she will dump in some garlic powder and perhaps a
>few dollops of sour cream. Green bean casserole is a must along with canned
>sweet potatoes with pecans tossed on top. Oh, and lest I forget... A pre-
>cooked turkey ordered from the supermarket which she will garnish with
>snips of fresh rosemary.
>
>Michael

You forgot the marshmallow fluff on the sweet potato casserole.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:03:31 -0700, Anim8rFSK >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Pennyaline > wrote:
>
>> bizook wrote:
>> > Mike - you forgot Cacktail Time!
>> >
>> > Cocktail: Turkey-tini
>> >
>> > 3 oz. Wild Turkey (tm)
>> > 1 oz. gin
>> > Splash of cranberry juice
>> >
>> > Dip top of glass in turkey fat to wet, rim (heh heh) with crushed
>> > almond shells. Fill with Wild Turkey, gin, and cranberry joose. Gernish
>> > with frozen cranberries and a wishbone (nice choking hazard there!)
>> >
>> > A votre sante !!!

>> Personally, I would hang a wing on the side of the glass, or a foot if I
>> could get one.

>Maybe she can go to the crafts store and get martini glasses with
>chicken foot bases ...

Have we all forgotten that this is the Food Network and we will most
likely just be seeing reruns of last year's holiday shows?
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

The Turkey-Tini idea sounds scrumptious!

But instead of a frozen cranberry as a decoration (or a boring
Maraschino Cherry) , I would substitute a turkey gizzard. Merely put a
gentle slice in it......but don't slice it all the way through. Clamp
the sliced part on the rim of the glass.......after the rim has been
rubbed in the turkey fat as some canny cook suggested. A good touch
might be to dip the rim (after it is coated in fat) in some coarsely
grated black pepper.

For those who are teetotalers, a lovely pumpkin toast will suffice.
Pour part of a can of pureed pumpkin into a tall highball glass. Add
1/4 C. of cold gravy, 1/2 teas. of juice from a can of anchovies, 2
pickled capers and 1 teas. of turmeric. Stir gently and add ice. For
a lovely garnish, sprinkle with chopped collard greens and place a
small uncooked Calamari on the glass as though it is crawling up the
side. Who could resist this?

:-)