Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default clam linguini recipe(s)

wrote:
> I used to make this as a simple sorta college-dorm food.
>
> But, I've never known how it was really supposed to be made!
>
> Any ideas you would like to post? (No, don't tell me to Google it,
> I want you guys' advice!)

Ancient...

3 From: PENMART10
Date: Sun, Nov 29 1998 12:00 am
Groups: rec.food.cooking

In article >, Jo Dobbs

> writes:
>I have a husband that would eat pasta every night. But I can do so much
>with tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano, can someone give me some new
>ideas....
>--
>Jo Dobbs

This will give your husband ideas and will put lead in his pencil...

How 'bout a Quickie:

---=Linguinni with White Clam Sauce =---

Put up salted water for Linguinni - sex qts inna ate qt pot

2 cans chopa/mince-a clam, drain... save-a da juice!
1/4 cup olive oil
6-8 bigga clove garleek, sliver!
1small bunch-a flat leaf parsely, ruffa chop!
1/2 cup decent dry white vino - resta gallon fora drinka witta meal
bigga pinch dried oregano
smalla pinch red pepper flakes
not too mucha salt

Okay, the water issa boil - yoose gonna woika fast... dumpa the
Linguinni!

Inna 2 quarta pot - make-a da oyl ahot!
Cooka da garleek til justa da oro (golda)
Puta da vino, clama juice, anda evyting 'cepta da clam - make-a sauce
HOT!

Linguinni nowa al dente - dumpa some inna eacha da warma bowls

Now, dumpa all da clams inna sauce and make justa hot...

Pour sauce over da Linguinni and some a parsely -- MANGIA!!!

Mama, yoose got the bed covers all turned down aheada time --
CAPECHE!!!!

Sheldon
On a recent Night Court rerun, Judge Harry Stone had a wonderful line:
"I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out."
---