Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The unintended egg

I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
it was not hard boiled.

Breakfast: one egg, over medium.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:18:16 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
>it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
>it was not hard boiled.
>
>Breakfast: one egg, over medium.
>
>nancy

Eggs recently provided me with a joke story too. I boiled up a dozen.
After peeling them the first one wasn't quite done when I sliced them.
I "assumed" they'd be fine for a minute in the microwave to try to
finish them. One exploded and blew the door open. I'm sure you can
imagine how stupid I felt after cleaning up the mess for 30 minutes.
While sharing my "stupid" story with friends someone topped me. His
co-worker bought a hard boiled egg from a vending machine at work, and
nuked it. Her's didn't explode until she took a bite. Luckily she
wasn't hurt. Being a hospital nurse she had access to a quick shower
and clean scrubs.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:

> I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
> it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
> it was not hard boiled.
>
> Breakfast: one egg, over medium.

Heh! Hope you had the egg over something before you
cracked it...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
> One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:
>
>> I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
>> it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
>> it was not hard boiled.
>>
>> Breakfast: one egg, over medium.

> Heh! Hope you had the egg over something before you
> cracked it...

That was my thought, too. Obviously she didn't have to scoop it up off
the floor before cooking!

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" > wrote

> Little Malice wrote:
>> One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:
>>
>>> I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
>>> it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
>>> it was not hard boiled.
>>>
>>> Breakfast: one egg, over medium.

>> Heh! Hope you had the egg over something before you cracked it...

> That was my thought, too. Obviously she didn't have to scoop it up off
> the floor before cooking!

Well, I did just clean the floor yesterday! Heh. I cracked it on
the counter and it didn't sound right. At all. So I put it over
the little appetizer plate I was planning to use for the hard boiled
egg and the salt. Opened it up and hello, raw egg.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 19 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> "Puester" > wrote
>
> > Little Malice wrote:

> >> Heh! Hope you had the egg over something before you cracked it...

> > That was my thought, too. Obviously she didn't have to scoop it up
> > off the floor before cooking!

> Well, I did just clean the floor yesterday! Heh. I cracked it on
> the counter and it didn't sound right. At all. So I put it over
> the little appetizer plate I was planning to use for the hard boiled
> egg and the salt. Opened it up and hello, raw egg.
>
> nancy

I write hardboiled on the shells with a pencil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 19 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

>> Well, I did just clean the floor yesterday! Heh. I cracked it on
>> the counter and it didn't sound right. At all. So I put it over
>> the little appetizer plate I was planning to use for the hard boiled
>> egg and the salt. Opened it up and hello, raw egg.

> I write hardboiled on the shells with a pencil.

If I had any question, I'd spin it on the counter. I was tricked.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 19 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> "Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote on 19 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> >> Well, I did just clean the floor yesterday! Heh. I cracked it on
> >> the counter and it didn't sound right. At all. So I put it over
> >> the little appetizer plate I was planning to use for the hard boiled
> >> egg and the salt. Opened it up and hello, raw egg.

> > I write hardboiled on the shells with a pencil.

> If I had any question, I'd spin it on the counter. I was tricked.
>
> nancy

The sun was in your eyes? I've tried to trick you for years...to be beaten
out by a egg is embarassing...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 19 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

>> If I had any question, I'd spin it on the counter. I was tricked.

> The sun was in your eyes? I've tried to trick you for years...to be beaten
> out by a egg is embarassing...

(laugh) No egg could beat you, ha.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:
> "Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote
> > Nancy Young wrote on 19 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> >> If I had any question, I'd spin it on the counter. I was tricked.

> > The sun was in your eyes? I've tried to trick you for years...to be beaten
> > out by a egg is embarassing...

> (laugh) No egg could beat you, ha.

But can he beat an egg? That's the real foodie question... ;-)

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote

> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:18:16 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:
>
>>I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
>>it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
>>it was not hard boiled.

> Eggs recently provided me with a joke story too. I boiled up a dozen.
> After peeling them the first one wasn't quite done when I sliced them.
> I "assumed" they'd be fine for a minute in the microwave to try to
> finish them. One exploded and blew the door open.

I can't believe it blew the door open! (laugh) What a mess.

> While sharing my "stupid" story with friends someone topped me. His
> co-worker bought a hard boiled egg from a vending machine at work, and
> nuked it. Her's didn't explode until she took a bite. Luckily she
> wasn't hurt. Being a hospital nurse she had access to a quick shower
> and clean scrubs.

It was peeled and it blew up!? I'm becoming frightened of eggs, all
of a sudden. Thanks for the story.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
> it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
> it was not hard boiled.
>
> Breakfast: one egg, over medium.
>
> nancy

Next time, spin it on the counter...... ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
>> it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
>> it was not hard boiled.
>>
>> Breakfast: one egg, over medium.

> Next time, spin it on the counter...... ;-)

I would have, if I had any idea that the hard boiled egg by
the butter had been replaced with a fresh one. There was
no reason for me to check. I didn't take into account the
trickster.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 19 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> I would have, if I had any idea that the hard boiled egg by
> the butter had been replaced with a fresh one. There was
> no reason for me to check. I didn't take into account the
> trickster.
>
> nancy

So...Ron's doing relationship stuff....taking the 'taken for granted out'
of the equation? Adding the unknown to spice life up?...What's next ...a
rubber chicken in the shower? Or a goose in the hallway?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:33:50 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito >
wrote:

>Or a goose in the hallway?

She doesn't get that already?

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:28:32 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote
>
>> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:18:16 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I decided to put that poor hard boiled egg out of its misery,
>>>it's been in the refrigerator for a week or so. Joke's on me,
>>>it was not hard boiled.

>> Eggs recently provided me with a joke story too. I boiled up a dozen.
>> After peeling them the first one wasn't quite done when I sliced them.
>> I "assumed" they'd be fine for a minute in the microwave to try to
>> finish them. One exploded and blew the door open.

>I can't believe it blew the door open! (laugh) What a mess.

Luckily it didn't break the hinge. I'm so glad there wasn't a wall or
cabinets in front of it. Just floor. It blew out about six feet.

>> While sharing my "stupid" story with friends someone topped me. His
>> co-worker bought a hard boiled egg from a vending machine at work, and
>> nuked it. Her's didn't explode until she took a bite. Luckily she
>> wasn't hurt. Being a hospital nurse she had access to a quick shower
>> and clean scrubs.

>It was peeled and it blew up!?

Yep, it was peeled. So were the ones that blew up on me.

> I'm becoming frightened of eggs, all
>of a sudden.

lol. I think just be careful.

>Thanks for the story.