Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default TJs buffalo burgers???

Tried a Trader Joe's buffalo burger this morning. It didn't taste at all
like the buffalo flavor I've come to expect recently. It tasted like
ordinary ground beef.

The first batch of frozen burgers I tried and the loose ground buffalo
tasted identical and both products of Canada.

TJs buffalo burgers are a U.S. product. Same no hormone, antibotic claims.

I wonder why the flavor difference. I liked the Canadian products more.

Hmmm...

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-16, Andy <q> wrote:

> like the buffalo flavor I've come to expect recently. It tasted like
> ordinary ground beef.

Probably corn fed.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

> On 2006-10-16, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> like the buffalo flavor I've come to expect recently. It tasted like
>> ordinary ground beef.

> Probably corn fed.
>
> nb

nb,

That's it! The TJs Buffalo box states "grain fed." The Canadian products
stated "free-range" so that means grass-fed?

What a difference!

Thanks,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-16, Andy <q> wrote:

> That's it! The TJs Buffalo box states "grain fed."

Yep. We can expect a e coli outbreak in our wikiups at any moment,
now.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 07:35:28 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Tried a Trader Joe's buffalo burger this morning. It didn't taste at all
>like the buffalo flavor I've come to expect recently. It tasted like
>ordinary ground beef.

I've only tried buffalo burger once (in a restaurant). It didn't
taste as good as ground beef, which is why there was no second time
for me.
--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:19:44 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>That's it! The TJs Buffalo box states "grain fed." The Canadian products
>stated "free-range" so that means grass-fed?

Eeeew! You prefer grass fed over corn fed? Get outta here! I don't
believe you. Grass fed tastes flat, flat, flat and salt can't
resurect it.
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:27:26 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:29:01 -0500, notbob wrote:
>
>> On 2006-10-16, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>> That's it! The TJs Buffalo box states "grain fed."

>> Yep. We can expect a e coli outbreak in our wikiups at any moment,
>> now.

>Mad Buffalo.

I didn't know corn was involved in the "feed" the mad cows eat. Where
did you find that information?
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Eeeew! You prefer grass fed over corn fed? Get outta here! I don't
> believe you. Grass fed tastes flat, flat, flat and salt can't
> resurect it.

Along this, there are many other things that can be fed to a cow or ox:
eggs, for example, improve taste, and also beer improves it. I'm thinking to
Bue di Carru' from Piedmont and Kobe steak from Japan.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-17, Vilco > wrote:

> Along this, there are many other things that can be fed to a cow or ox:
> eggs, for example, improve taste, and also beer improves it. I'm thinking to
> Bue di Carru' from Piedmont and Kobe steak from Japan.

Newspaper, shipping packing, plastic, and lord knows what. The very
worst practice was feeding cattle ground up butchered beef waste.
IOW, cow cannibalism! This last practice was very widespread and is
the cause of mad cow disease.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> Newspaper, shipping packing, plastic, and lord knows what. The very
> worst practice was feeding cattle ground up butchered beef waste.
> IOW, cow cannibalism! This last practice was very widespread and is
> the cause of mad cow disease.

Now it's strictly forbidden, but who knows... sometimes the police finds
unchecked meat, or meat with fake birthplace / slaughter-place labels.
OB Food frauds: last two frauds I heard of were half a metric ton of
parmesan in Milan which was labeled "24 months old" while it was made only
one year before, and then a good number (in the 1000's) of fake Sassicaia
bottles in Rome, LOL.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Tried a Trader Joe's buffalo burger this morning. It didn't taste at
> all like the buffalo flavor I've come to expect recently. It tasted
> like ordinary ground beef.
>
> The first batch of frozen burgers I tried and the loose ground buffalo
> tasted identical and both products of Canada.
>
> TJs buffalo burgers are a U.S. product. Same no hormone, antibotic
> claims.
>
> I wonder why the flavor difference. I liked the Canadian products
> more.
>
> Hmmm...
>
> Andy

Andy, you really are fixated on buffalo, aren't you? Heh. I can't find a
buffalo steak or buffalo burger at the grocery store. I can't find a TJ's,
for that matter. I can find some nice lamb steaks or veal, if you're
interested. Sorry, they aren't buffalo "veal"

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> Andy, you really are fixated on buffalo, aren't you? Heh. I can't
> find a buffalo steak or buffalo burger at the grocery store. I can't
> find a TJ's, for that matter. I can find some nice lamb steaks or
> veal, if you're interested. Sorry, they aren't buffalo "veal"
>
> Jill

Yeah, I've been enjoying buffalo. I'd love a lamb steak or veal, thank you!
Now don't go worrying your pretty little self over a few buffalo burgers.
))

Andy

Buffalo burgers! Andy General Cooking 33 30-09-2006 01:52 PM
What's the big deal about buffalo burgers? wylbur37 General Cooking 25 17-06-2004 01:25 AM
What's the big deal about buffalo burgers? wylbur37 Restaurants 19 17-06-2004 01:25 AM
What's the big deal about buffalo burgers? wylbur37 Marketplace 19 17-06-2004 01:25 AM
What's the big deal about buffalo burgers? wylbur37 Barbecue 30 17-06-2004 01:25 AM