Dave

Default Guacamole recipe

Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
best I've ever had.
Dave

MrAoD

"Dave" writes:

>Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
>restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
>best I've ever had.

*blink* It's made tableside and you're asking for a recipe????

What makes it the best you've ever had? Me, I prefer small lumps of avocado in
mine, not that pureed stuff. Like I like my mashed potatoes.

Best,

Marc
Puester

Dave wrote:

> Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
> restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
> best I've ever had.
> Dave

2. order guacamole
3. watch carefully
4. if you miss anything, ask questions
5. take notes
6. post the results here, please.

gloria p
Dimitri

"Dave" > wrote in message

<snip>
It's made at tableside and is the
> best I've ever had.
> Dave

ROTFLMAO!

Dimitri

David Wright

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:33:57 GMT, "Dave" >
wrote:

>Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
>restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
>best I've ever had.
>Dave

Let me guess ... the Margaritas were also the best you've ever had and
you couldn't see the waiter making your guacamole??? ;-)

David

j*ni p.

Hark! I heard "Dave" > say:

> Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
> restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
> best I've ever had.

*Blink* If it's made tableside, why don't you just take note of what
they're using and try it at home? Or am I missing something...

--
j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Mr. Wizard

"David Wright" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:33:57 GMT, "Dave" >
> wrote:
>
> >Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
> >restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
> >best I've ever had.
> >Dave

> Let me guess ... the Margaritas were also the best you've ever had and
> you couldn't see the waiter making your guacamole??? ;-)

The mixed drinks at Gabriel's suck.
Especially the margaritas.
They tasted like sewage.
The guacamole is ok but no better than ok.
For good guacamole,
go to Budros on the River Walk in San Antonio.
They but their Avocados from Harry and David.

Carnivore269

"Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message >...
> "David Wright" > wrote in message
> news
> > On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:33:57 GMT, "Dave" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
> > >restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
> > >best I've ever had.
> > >Dave

> > Let me guess ... the Margaritas were also the best you've ever had and
> > you couldn't see the waiter making your guacamole??? ;-)
> >

> The mixed drinks at Gabriel's suck.
> Especially the margaritas.
> They tasted like sewage.
> The guacamole is ok but no better than ok.
> For good guacamole,
> go to Budros on the River Walk in San Antonio.
> They but their Avocados from Harry and David.

The number of Mexican restaraunts in Texas in the San Antonio/Austin
area is equal to the number of sub-atomic particles in the universe.
Squared. ;-)

The best one in the Area is Herbert's in San Marcos.

C.
Mr. Wizard

"Carnivore269" > wrote in message
om...
> "Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message

> > "David Wright" > wrote in message
> > news

Gabriel's

the

> > > Let me guess ... the Margaritas were also the best you've ever had and
> > > you couldn't see the waiter making your guacamole??? ;-)
> > >

> > The mixed drinks at Gabriel's suck.
> > Especially the margaritas.
> > They tasted like sewage.
> > The guacamole is ok but no better than ok.
> > For good guacamole,
> > go to Budros on the River Walk in San Antonio.
> > They but their Avocados from Harry and David.

> The number of Mexican restaraunts in Texas in the San Antonio/Austin
> area is equal to the number of sub-atomic particles in the universe.
> Squared. ;-)
>
> The best one in the Area is Herbert's in San Marcos.

Thanks for the info!

XOR

"Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message >...

> For good guacamole,
> go to Budros on the River Walk in San Antonio.
> They but their Avocados from Harry and David.

Really? I don't recall their guacamole being out of this world or
anything. I'm not a big fan of Boudro's tho. It's good, but, IMO
overpriced and lousy atmosphere (tables are *way* too close and they
rush you in and out). I'm not sure where I'd say in San Antonio has
the best guacamole though, except maybe my own, and there's better
atmosphere than on the Riverwalk

I don't think any of the Mexican places on the riverwalk are all that
great (not referring to Boudro's as it's not Mexican). There is much
much better Mexican food in San Antonio. My personal fave being Taco
Haven, which helps that it's a 2 second walk from my house :-)

The best place on the Riverwalk is, IMO, Biga on the Banks, tho it's
pricey. The food is amazing,atmosphere wonderful, and you can linger
all night - like a proper restaurant meal should be (helps when you
want to order that second bottle of wine).

Member

Location: Evergreen, CO

Here is my recipe, I'm sure it's similar:

Tableside Guacamole
By
Trusan
Serves 4

Ingredients:

2 Med – Lg Ripe Avocados (Haas)
1 Jalapeño
1 Scallion
1 Sm Red Onion
1/4 Cup Cilantro
1 Ripe Tomato (roasted if you prefer)
5 –5 Cloves Garlic
1 Lime Juice
to taste Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
1/2 teas. Cumin
Natural or Organic Corn Chips

Directions:

In advance, dice the scallions, red onion, and tomato. Mince the garlic, Jalapeño and fine chop the cilantro. Place these items in the mise en place bowls, cover and refrigerate till use.

When ready to impress your guests, slice the avocados in half lengthways, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh of the avocado into your molcajete or S.S.bowl. Put ingredients of your guests choice and proportion into the molcajete or S.S.bowl. Squeeze some lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and let your guests enjoy the freshest and best guacamole they ever tasted!

Make up some grandioso story of how you were taken captive by the locals and made to make guacamole for a whole week when you weren’t drinking mojitos and laying on a sandy beach.

Equipment needed:

 Molcajete (Mexican mortar and pestle) or (non-reactive stainless steel or porcelain bowl and potato masher)
 Sharp Kitchen Knife
 Cutting Board
 Small Mise En Place bowls
 Large Serving Spoon
 Serving Bowls (1 for Guac & 1 for Chips)

Guacamole Recipe 2 War[_4_] Barbecue 0 07-08-2010 04:34 PM
guacamole recipe War[_4_] Recipes 0 06-08-2010 08:39 PM
guacamole recipe War[_4_] Barbecue 0 06-08-2010 08:39 PM
Guacamole Recipe leo Mexican Cooking 10 06-03-2004 07:59 AM
Guacamole recipe Dave General Cooking 29 13-10-2003 10:45 PM