Dave

Default Guacamole recipe

Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
best I've ever had.
Dave

Arri London

Dave wrote:

> Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
> restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
> best I've ever had.
> Dave

You watched it being made and didn't notice what went in it?

Jack Schidt®

"Arri London" > wrote in message
> Dave wrote:
> >
> > Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
> > restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
> > best I've ever had.
> > Dave

> You watched it being made and didn't notice what went in it?

I've eaten there and saw it done at a nearby table. It's the standard
guacamole recipe, near as I could tell. Nothing magic.

Jack Mashed

Puester

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> "Arri London" > wrote in message
> > Dave wrote:
> > >
> > > Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at Gabriel's
> > > restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is the
> > > best I've ever had.
> > > Dave

> > You watched it being made and didn't notice what went in it?
> >

> I've eaten there and saw it done at a nearby table. It's the standard
> guacamole recipe, near as I could tell. Nothing magic.
>
> Jack Mashed

Fork-mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, minced garlic,
finely chopped cilantro, and salt?

gloria p
Mr. Wizard

"Puester" > wrote in message
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:

Gabriel's

the

> > > You watched it being made and didn't notice what went in it?
> > >

> > I've eaten there and saw it done at a nearby table. It's the standard
> > guacamole recipe, near as I could tell. Nothing magic.
> >
> > Jack Mashed

> Fork-mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, minced garlic,
> finely chopped cilantro, and salt?

And Cayenne.

Mr. Wizard

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
m...

> "Arri London" > wrote in message
> > Dave wrote:
> > >
> > > Anybody have the recipe to share for guacamole that's used at

Gabriel's
> > > restaurant just outside Santa Fe, NM. It's made at tableside and is

the
> > > best I've ever had.
> > > Dave

> > You watched it being made and didn't notice what went in it?
> >

> I've eaten there and saw it done at a nearby table. It's the standard
> guacamole recipe, near as I could tell. Nothing magic.
>
> Jack Mashed

Did the margaritas taste like crap to you?
They did to me. We sent them back and they
acted like I shit on the table.

Jack Schidt®

"Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message

> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
> m...

> Gabriel's

> the
> > >
> > > You watched it being made and didn't notice what went in it?
> > >

> > I've eaten there and saw it done at a nearby table. It's the standard
> > guacamole recipe, near as I could tell. Nothing magic.
> >
> > Jack Mashed
> >

> Did the margaritas taste like crap to you?
> They did to me. We sent them back and they
> acted like I shit on the table.

I don't know, I drank beer. I'm not a big fan of the place but it was one
of the few I hadn't tried in Santa Fe. I did sample margaritas at a place
in town called Maria's, I believe. They had a long list of tequilas and
different combinations. They featured my favorite: Tequila, Cointreau and
lime juice. The carnitas plate was very good there [Maria's] too.

Jack Herradura

Jack Modelo

Carnivore269

"Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message >...
> "Puester" > wrote in message

> Gabriel's

> the

> > > I've eaten there and saw it done at a nearby table. It's the standard
> > > guacamole recipe, near as I could tell. Nothing magic.
> > >
> > > Jack Mashed

> > Fork-mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, minced garlic,
> > finely chopped cilantro, and salt?
> >

> And Cayenne.

Uh uh. Roast Cerrano.
Or if you want REAL flavor, Habanero... ;-) Fresh. Minced. Carefully. <G>

C.
Jack Schidt®

"Carnivore269" > wrote in message
om...

> Uh uh. Roast Cerrano.
> Or if you want REAL flavor, Habanero... ;-) Fresh. Minced. Carefully. <G>

Oh no!! Serrano perhaps, but I think Habañero's over the top for guacamole.
Just my opinion, mind you. You want to enjoy the symphony of buttery
avocado with the earthiness of the garlic and the slight bite of cilantro,
all married by the lime juice. I think 'atomic guacamole' would be good
washed down with Jägermeister at some college inn someplace.

Jack Subtle

Carnivore269

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message om>...
> "Carnivore269" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> > Uh uh. Roast Cerrano.
> > Or if you want REAL flavor, Habanero... ;-) Fresh. Minced. Carefully. <G>
> >

> Oh no!! Serrano perhaps, but I think Habañero's over the top for guacamole.
> Just my opinion, mind you. You want to enjoy the symphony of buttery
> avocado with the earthiness of the garlic and the slight bite of cilantro,
> all married by the lime juice. I think 'atomic guacamole' would be good
> washed down with Jägermeister at some college inn someplace.
>
> Jack Subtle

Notice the smilies... ;-)
I was kidding....

Habaneros only belong is salsa!
And don't forget the margaritas.

C.

Jack Schidt®

"Carnivore269" > wrote in message
om...
> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message

om>...
> > "Carnivore269" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > >
> > > Uh uh. Roast Cerrano.
> > > Or if you want REAL flavor, Habanero... ;-) Fresh. Minced. Carefully.

<G>

> > Oh no!! Serrano perhaps, but I think Habañero's over the top for

guacamole.
> > Just my opinion, mind you. You want to enjoy the symphony of buttery
> > avocado with the earthiness of the garlic and the slight bite of

cilantro,
> > all married by the lime juice. I think 'atomic guacamole' would be good
> > washed down with Jägermeister at some college inn someplace.
> >
> > Jack Subtle

> Notice the smilies... ;-)
> I was kidding....

I know you were; cracked me up.

> Habaneros only belong is salsa!
> And don't forget the margaritas.

It's not the margaritas I forget; it's everything else!

Jack Tesoro

Carnivore269

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message om>...
> "Carnivore269" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message

> om>...
> > > "Carnivore269" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> <G>
> > > >

> > > Oh no!! Serrano perhaps, but I think Habañero's over the top for

> guacamole.
> > > Just my opinion, mind you. You want to enjoy the symphony of buttery
> > > avocado with the earthiness of the garlic and the slight bite of

> cilantro,
> > > all married by the lime juice. I think 'atomic guacamole' would be good
> > > washed down with Jägermeister at some college inn someplace.
> > >
> > > Jack Subtle

> > Notice the smilies... ;-)
> > I was kidding....

> I know you were; cracked me up.
>

> > Habaneros only belong is salsa!
> > And don't forget the margaritas.
> >

> It's not the margaritas I forget; it's everything else!
>
> Jack Tesoro

Only if the Margaritas were made right... ;-)

C.
ScratchMonkey

Puester > wrote in
:

> Fork-mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, minced garlic,
> finely chopped cilantro, and salt?

Sounds good. What I truly hate is the places that think that shredded
lettuce belongs in guac. Ugh. Throws the whole texture way off. Nor do I
want onions. Guac shouldn't crunch.
Jack Schidt®

"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
> Puester > wrote in
> :
>
> > Fork-mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, minced garlic,
> > finely chopped cilantro, and salt?

> Sounds good. What I truly hate is the places that think that shredded
> lettuce belongs in guac. Ugh. Throws the whole texture way off. Nor do I
> want onions. Guac shouldn't crunch.

I agree. There's a certain zen to basic guacamole and I don't approve of
any tinkering.

Jack Purist

David Wright

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 02:02:17 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Puester > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > Fork-mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, minced garlic,
>> > finely chopped cilantro, and salt?

>> Sounds good. What I truly hate is the places that think that shredded
>> lettuce belongs in guac. Ugh. Throws the whole texture way off. Nor do I
>> want onions. Guac shouldn't crunch.

>I agree. There's a certain zen to basic guacamole and I don't approve of
>any tinkering.
>
>Jack Purist

And I'm such a purist that I declare that anyone who calls it "guac,"
not recognizing the "mole" part, shall be removed from further
consideration. Forever. Eternally. That's it!!!

David

Jack Schidt®

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 02:02:17 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> > wrote:
>

> >"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in

message
> .. .
> >> Puester > wrote in
> >> :

> >> Sounds good. What I truly hate is the places that think that shredded
> >> lettuce belongs in guac. Ugh. Throws the whole texture way off. Nor do

> >> want onions. Guac shouldn't crunch.

> >I agree. There's a certain zen to basic guacamole and I don't approve of
> >any tinkering.
> >
> >Jack Purist

> And I'm such a purist that I declare that anyone who calls it "guac,"
> not recognizing the "mole" part, shall be removed from further
> consideration. Forever. Eternally. That's it!!!
>
> David

How do you REALLY feel? Please don't sugar coat it, David; this isn't a
kids group.

Jack Rant

Frogleg

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 12:39:45 -0500, ScratchMonkey
> wrote:

>Puester > wrote

>> Fork-mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, minced garlic,
>> finely chopped cilantro, and salt?

>Sounds good. What I truly hate is the places that think that shredded
>lettuce belongs in guac. Ugh. Throws the whole texture way off. Nor do I
>want onions. Guac shouldn't crunch.

If guacamole isn't served in a bowl (as dip) or on top of things (as a
sauce/garnish), I don't mind it *on* a bed of lettuce (as a salad),
but surely not lettuce *in* the mixture.

As for onion, my old-timey recipe calls for fork-mashed avocado, lemon
juice, tobasco, black pepper, and eensy-teensy dice of onion. I slice
off one end of onion, peel off some of the outer skin, score the flat
surface horizontally, vertically, and on 2 diagonals, then slice off
about 2 Tblsp of very fine dice (and juice). This recipe came from a
time before the popularity of cilantro and lime juice, but garlic
salt/powder *was* available (and not included).

ScratchMonkey

David Wright > wrote in
:

> And I'm such a purist that I declare that anyone who calls it "guac,"
> not recognizing the "mole" part, shall be removed from further
> consideration. Forever. Eternally. That's it!!!

lol

I went to MIT, and learned to pronounce "Massachusetts Avenue" as "Mass-
Av". I can't think of any other words that start with the syllable "guac",
so the rest of the word is superfluous.
Nancy Young

ScratchMonkey wrote:

> I went to MIT, and learned to pronounce "Massachusetts Avenue" as "Mass-
> Av". I can't think of any other words that start with the syllable "guac",
> so the rest of the word is superfluous.

Apparently many people find the mush in mushrooms superfluous.
Or the entine in turpentine.

First time I went to this hotel in Boston, I had to ask the toll
collector, how do I get to Commonwealth Avenue? YO JOE how do you
get to Comm Ave!? she yelled. I guess they are saving all the extra
letters up there for the rest of us (laughing).

nancy
Nancy Young

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> And it's not the red sox...it's "da sawx"

You misspelled 1918.

> email to you bounces...your isp thinks i'm a spammer.

GRRRRRRRR. Please try

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

nancy
Jack Schidt®

"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
> David Wright > wrote in
> :
>
> > And I'm such a purist that I declare that anyone who calls it "guac,"
> > not recognizing the "mole" part, shall be removed from further
> > consideration. Forever. Eternally. That's it!!!

> lol
>
> I went to MIT, and learned to pronounce "Massachusetts Avenue" as "Mass-
> Av". I can't think of any other words that start with the syllable "guac",
> so the rest of the word is superfluous.

I'm already calling you 'scratchmonk'

Jack Schi

S.Dunlap

ScratchMonkey > wrote in message >. ..

> I went to MIT, and learned to pronounce "Massachusetts Avenue" as "Mass-
> Av". I can't think of any other words that start with the syllable "guac",
> so the rest of the word is superfluous.

I can. Guacamayo.

I'll leave you to guess what it is. :-)))

Sandi
rob z

.....that's got to be what they serve at Gitmo (Guantanamo Navy Base,
Cuber)---rob z.

--

.....visit us at www.zLight.com
"S.Dunlap" wrote:

> I can. Guacamayo.
>
> I'll leave you to guess what it is. :-)))
>

> Sandi

S.Dunlap

"S.Dunlap" wrote:
> I can. Guacamayo.
>
> I'll leave you to guess what it is. :-)))
>

> Sandi

>"rob z" > wrote in message thlink.net>...
> >
> > ....that's got to be what they serve at Gitmo (Guantanamo Navy Base,
> > Cuber)---rob z.

It's not a food...... Guess again.

Sandi
Puester

"S.Dunlap" wrote:

> "S.Dunlap" wrote:
> > I can. Guacamayo.
> >
> > I'll leave you to guess what it is. :-)))
> >

> > Sandi

> >"rob z" > wrote in message thlink.net>...
> > >
> > > ....that's got to be what they serve at Gitmo (Guantanamo Navy Base,
> > > Cuber)---rob z.
> > >

> It's not a food...... Guess again.
>
> Sandi

Hint: Google is your friend. 3140 entries, take your pick.

gloria p
S.Dunlap

Puester > wrote in message >...
> "S.Dunlap" wrote:
> >
> > "S.Dunlap" wrote:
> > > I can. Guacamayo.
> > >
> > > I'll leave you to guess what it is. :-)))
> > >

> > > Sandi

> > It's not a food...... Guess again.
> >
> > Sandi

> Hint: Google is your friend. 3140 entries, take your pick.
>
> gloria p

He he he........I know what they are. And...when I google it out of
curiosity, I came up with 5,660 entries. I've seen them very up close
and personal, one of my students has one as a pet. It's also the
national bird of Honduras - the Guacamayo or scarlet macaw. Guacamayo
actually just means macaw since the zoo in Madrid Spain also uses the
same for the blue and gold macaws

And while on the subject of guaca-word beginnings, OB food:
guachinango = red snapper

Sandi
ScratchMonkey

Nancy Young > wrote in news:3F8717DC.C9DDA6F9
@monmouth.com:

> First time I went to this hotel in Boston, I had to ask the toll
> collector, how do I get to Commonwealth Avenue? YO JOE how do you
> get to Comm Ave!? she yelled. I guess they are saving all the extra
> letters up there for the rest of us (laughing).

And Memorial Drive (the river front parkway in Cambridge) is abbreviated to
Mem Drive.

It gets worse at the 'tute (what insiders call MIT): All the buildings have
numbers, and few can remember their names. The popular lecture halls used
for weekly movies are 26-100 and 10-250 (amazing I can remember this after
20 years), and the main entrance on Mass Ave is building 7. Non-academic
buildings, like dorms, have names, though. The center of social activity is
the "Stud Center". (I'm feeling so nostalgic.)

Guacamole Recipe 2 War[_4_] Barbecue 0 07-08-2010 04:34 PM
guacamole recipe War[_4_] Recipes 0 06-08-2010 08:39 PM
guacamole recipe War[_4_] Barbecue 0 06-08-2010 08:39 PM
Guacamole recipe Dave General Cooking 10 21-07-2009 05:32 PM
Guacamole Recipe leo Mexican Cooking 10 06-03-2004 07:59 AM